How do you measure your Cool Whip?

• This is driving me crazy! Every once in a while I like to use Cool Whip to whip up some desserts. I see that the serving size is 2 tablespoons, but is this a level Tbsp or a rounded one? If it's level, that's about 1 bite, and it wouldn't be worth it to use Cool Whip.

So, how do you guys measure it? Level or rounded?
  • Usually measurements are level since its the only way it can be done objectively.
  • Yes, my common sense tells me so, but still. Two tbsp is nothing and I am thinking not worth the trouble :-)
  • I don't use Cool Whip myself but weighing it might be easier than measuring volume. That is what I do with things like nut butter - put the dish on the food scale, set it to grams, tare it, and weigh out 16 grams (about 1 tbsp) of nut butter. (Note that 1 tbsp of Cool Whip probably weighs less than 1 tbsp of nut butter!)
  • I would also weigh it in grams like carter. Personally I think cool whip tastes like chemicals and when I'm in the mood for whipped cream I take out some heavy whipping cream, put in a touch of confectioner's sugar and a drop of vanilla extract. And then whisk until it's whipped cream - there, no need for these ingredients:

hydrogenated vegetable oil (including coconut and palm oils), high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, skim milk, light cream, and less than 2% sodium caseinate (a milk derivative), natural and artificial flavor, xanthan and guar gums, polysorbate 60, sorbitan monostearate, and beta carotene (as a coloring)
  • Thanks for the answers. I don't have a scale, but i might invest in one. I usually don't eat Cool Whip (love the real thing), but I'm on phase 1 and have found some great recipes here that call for it. I have learned to double or triple recipes so that I can measure the CW with a 1/2 cup measuring cup. Also, I don't have to make it new ever time I eat dessert. I must say that these desserts are soooo satisfying!