3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   What eating plan do you follow? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/29266-what-eating-plan-do-you-follow.html)

EstoErin 07-12-2003 12:58 PM

What eating plan do you follow?

Hi! I am new here, but not new to dieting! I have tried so many plans and always put the weight back on or fall off the plan before I see any results! I want to lose 50 pounds and keep it off!!!! Any good eating plan suggestions?
Thanks!!
Erin:df:

gma22 07-13-2003 08:53 AM

I am on a calorie counting/fat counting program. If you are interested in how much food you can eat, go to www.dietitian.com and she has a healthy weight calc in the left hand corner, just click and answer the ?'s and it will tell you how many cal and fat to take in to lose either 1 or 2 lbs a week. I have lost 90 since Jan of this year with this a 7 day a week exercise.

Good luck on whatever you try! Keep trying until you find something that works for you!

Faye

snflwr 07-13-2003 02:12 PM

hi erin!
i am following the south beach diet. we have a thread under low carb forum. come check us out. it's a great group. very supportive!! and sbd is working for a lot of people.

aphil 07-14-2003 10:44 AM

I count calories...but I am pretty healthy about it, meaning that I don't use my calories on Snackwell's cookies and low fat ice cream. I try to eat clean, with multiple servings of fruits and veggies each day, and when I choose cereals-they are whole grain ones with lots of fiber-like Kashi cereals, shredded wheat, Grape Nuts, etc. I also eat two servings of skim no sugar added yogurt each day-for my calcium as well as the beneficial bacteria that is good for your digestive tract. I recommend this to anyone with a sensitive or nervous tummy. :) I also make sure that I get my protein requirements in each day through lean clean protein, such as chicken breast and lean fish.
With making sure I get all of these nutrients in-there is very little room for junk calories. :) I truly think that this makes a heap of difference.
I also think that exercise is equally important as the diet if you want to change the looks of your body. You can lose weight but still have all the flab and "lumps and bumps" if you don't exercise.
Aphil

2BFIT1 07-16-2003 06:58 AM

I'm also following the South Beach Diet (SBD) and loving it. It is working for many of us and I find it very easy to do week after week. I love NOT having to count points, calories, carbs, etc. All you have to do is eat from the allowed food list and avoid the "not allowed" foods.

Idealperson 07-16-2003 04:10 PM

I am doing Weight Watchers, I have lost 55 pounds since Jan. 2003. I like it because no foods are off limits and it is a healthy lifestyle. There is alot of info here and in the WW magazines...anything you can stick with and make lifestyle changes with will work!

colz85 07-16-2003 05:39 PM

I'm doing old fashioned calories. It's just easier for me, plus that doesn't make anything "forbidden". If I want a cheeseburger, I make sure I budget for it. I keep track of stuff at Fitday.com, and just make sure that calories in are less than calories out. They are, by about a thousand a day, but even with my exercise, it is SLOW going.

Colleen
238/229/160

doIlookfat? 07-21-2003 10:12 PM

I'm also a calorie counter. I like the flexability and banking of cals. Much easier than points IMHO.

I don't eat big meals. I eat small amounts of anything I want all day long. I know if I eat too much during the day, then no snack at night. If I'm a "good girl" during the day, I get to eat a little bit more after dinner. I'v been a very good girl the last two days :)

Heidi
170/143/125ish

LaDean 07-21-2003 11:23 PM

gma, a great site i liked it. thanks for sharing. I am also on the SBD. www.prevention.com explains it great. LaDean