General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-04-2016, 02:44 PM   #391  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundove View Post
Oh wow thanks yet again Munchy! Do you have favorite freezer containers, e.g. glass vs plastic, etc? Sometimes I totally overthink these things.

lovemylife! Looks like you are doing a great job maintaining! Hope you're staying warm!

Vickie Chickie I'm also in SF Bay Area trying to stay warm today! At least it's staying light longer

Have a good week everyone!
When it comes to meals (individual soups, stews, chilis, curries, etc) I usually just use a rubbermaid plastic container with a screw on lid (I have two sizes) HERE.

If it's something that is two-fold (like the African Peanut stew with cauli-rice), then I use the tupperware containers with two compartments HERE.

For sauces that are used in large amounts, I usually just use a large mason jar. This includes broth, marinara, and enchilada sauce.

For sauces that are used sparingly, I freeze in ice cube trays and then transfer to a freezer bag. This includes cauliflower/cheese sauce, sofrito, chipotles in adobo, and pesto.

Finally, anything I flash freeze goes into my freezer on a metal baking sheet, then transferred to a freezer bag after it's frozen. This includes burritos, mini meatloaves, egg muffins, meatballs, nuggets, burgers, tomato paste, "impossible" pie muffins, cooked rice or pasta, sausage patties, etc.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:26 PM   #392  

S/C/G: 1400 calories a day

I'm going to make the jalipeno popper soup and sub almond milk for the whole milk. It looks like a really healthy, and delicious recipe. Thanks Munchy! Tonight I have about a hundred calories left and am feeling somewhat hungry. So, I plan on having a mug of hot chicken bone broth. Was there a recipe for those tuna muffins? Thanks!
Teddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:02 AM   #393  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddie View Post
I'm going to make the jalipeno popper soup and sub almond milk for the whole milk. It looks like a really healthy, and delicious recipe. Thanks Munchy! Tonight I have about a hundred calories left and am feeling somewhat hungry. So, I plan on having a mug of hot chicken bone broth. Was there a recipe for those tuna muffins? Thanks!
The jalapeno popper soup is SO GOOD! Definitely make it. I think it will be in my regular rotation from now on.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:20 AM   #394  

Hi Everyone! I'm still here, but I am doing a low carb kick start to reset my habits. Part of my current daily menu plan is the volumetric soup from the book--very filling and yummy. I can't wait to start Munchy's recipes. We are so lucky here to have them before she becomes famous and has her own line of foods in the stores.... wishful thinking, here

Last edited by Sundove; 02-10-2016 at 09:21 AM.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:58 AM   #395  

Aww, that's the sweetest thing ever - thank you!

I had the most terrible weekend and between getting a beautiful one-page letter from my husband, an early birthday gift from my daughter, much needed help from my mother in law, and this sentiment...I think my days are brightening up <3
Old 02-10-2016, 10:19 AM   #396  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Everyone

I'm still here too.

Sundove I'm actually do low carb for about a month to help me with the cravings. I actually starting a few days before TOM and just decided to keep it going. I do love Volumetrics and I'll be back to it soon.

Munchy I hope your week is better :hugs: Your family is so thoughtful, you are one lucky momma/wife

Have a great day! By the way, my avatar is my new dog that I got on Friday. Her name is Hazel.

Last edited by lovemylife001; 02-10-2016 at 10:20 AM.
lovemylife001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 11:12 AM   #397  

lovemylife001 what a cutie! I bet you're having fun - and bonus - walking her!

And my family is really wonderful.

Just checking in with everyone. How goes it?

Same old here. Just keeping on!
Old 02-11-2016, 11:34 AM   #398  
lovemylife001

Hi Everyone

I'm doing great. I really can't wait until Spring arrives. Our highs this weekend will be in the teens I don't think that I'll be able to walk Hazel. I have boots for her but she doesn't like them lol

Munchy It is so much fun walking her. I was devastated when I lost my other dog so it's nice to have another pet in the house And it gets me outdoors which I love. It really is very therapeutic.

Sundove How's the low carbing going?

Have a great day everyone
Old 02-11-2016, 01:12 PM   #399  

Low carb is easily combined with volumetrics! I'm actually gluten free, but due to allergies and stuff I ended up mainly grain free (and we can't do beans!).

A lot of the recipes I eat are vegetable based with small amounts of meat and large amounts of flavor/seasonings Oh, and cheese...my heart!
Old 02-11-2016, 11:14 PM   #400  

Hi Guys, errr Gals
Lovemylife Hazel looks like she would very easy to spoil--what an adorable face. Is she a pup or adult? Before long you will be outside--might as well enjoy some cuddle time with her. Brrrrr!

Low carbing is going pretty well. I am doing for the same reason as you, pretty much. It's magic how those cravings quiet down! I can get really irritable and tired, poor sleep from low carb. This time I am keeping the carbs on the high side of ketogenic. So far I'm feeling ok and sleeping well Weight going in the right direction, albeit not fast enough--it's never fast enough, is it
How are you doing with it?

Munchy I'm sorry you had a bad weekend, but I'm glad you got some love & support from your family. I hope things are better now.
(This box contains a virtual cheese wedge)
Thanks for the assurance that there is a low carb way to do Volumetrics. Right now I am having mindlessly simple meals, same thing everyday that doesn't require prep. Once I'm able to fit into my clothes, I'll relax a little & try some recipes. I can't wait to flash freeze!

Munchy, do you have a sweet tooth? Most of the folks I know who adore cheese do not have a major sweet tooth. (I love both!) What's your favorite way to use cheese? I'm getting hungry just thinking about cheese right now!

Last edited by Sundove; 02-11-2016 at 11:26 PM.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:05 AM   #401  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundove View Post
Munchy I'm sorry you had a bad weekend, but I'm glad you got some love & support from your family. I hope things are better now.
(This box contains a virtual cheese wedge)
Thanks for the assurance that there is a low carb way to do Volumetrics. Right now I am having mindlessly simple meals, same thing everyday that doesn't require prep. Once I'm able to fit into my clothes, I'll relax a little & try some recipes. I can't wait to flash freeze!

Munchy, do you have a sweet tooth? Most of the folks I know who adore cheese do not have a major sweet tooth. (I love both!) What's your favorite way to use cheese? I'm getting hungry just thinking about cheese right now!
Thank you!!! Unfortunately the crazy week continues. Not only has it been super busy, but my husband had his car towed last night and his company looks like it may be disassembled within a week. I can carry us financially without a big problem, but it really sucks. I hope he can find something else that isn't in danger of going down.

Regardless, I'm staying positive. I'm actually not affected much at all by this (how unlike me!) We will make it through and be fine in the end.

No sweet tooth at all. I never liked sweets as a kid and still don't. I refused to eat birthday cake after my fourth birthday (I finally realized I didn't have to!) and my parents would allow me to keep my Halloween candy in my room - not my brothers - because I would end up tossing it after a year of it just sitting there. I don't even eat fruit, aside from the technical fruits like tomato and squash.

My favorite way to eat cheese? Triple sharp right out of the package? Dubliner? YUM! I melt neufchatel into zoodles a lot to make an "alfredo" but I love things like lasagna stuffed portobellos or enchilada stuffed spaghetti squash, or sausage stuffed peppers, or cauliflower crust pizza!

Due to our household of stomach issues we will be on a low FODMAP diet starting Monday, so wish me luck! No onions or garlic will be so tough!
Old 02-12-2016, 10:33 PM   #402  

Munchy That's a bummer about your husband. I hope he finds a new job that he likes even better. Keep up that great attitude!

I have a spaghetti squash on the countertop just waiting to try one of your recipes. The portabello sounds great too. I don't do well with dairy so I avoid cheese, though I love it. If I eat too much of any dairy product, my skin and scalp get irritated--it's the casein.

Yikes no onion or garlic! Are scallions out too?I think you will find something wonderful to sub. I put cinnamon in a lot of things incl chili. The low FODMAP diet sounds so interesting--hope it yields good results.

Lovemylife! How's it going?

I'm going to go heat up some brocc/cauli (volumetric) soup now!

Last edited by Sundove; 02-12-2016 at 10:34 PM.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:29 PM   #403  
lovemylife001

Good Evening Everyone

Everything is going great. I'm ready for my long weekend

Muncy I'm sorry to hear about your husband's job. I had the same thing happen to me in 2011. I'm divorced and I was just devastated. But I kept the faith and found something internally in a different department. I was so relieved. I'm sure he will be fine. Keep us updating

Sundove I have never had spaghetti squash, there seems to be a lot of recipes on the net for it. I will have to try it one day. Hazel is an absolute joy and she's adjusting so well. She's an adult. She turned 1 year old last month. I have been walking her every morning. I don't think that we will be walking tomorrow. The high temp tomorrow is only suppose to be 10 degrees

Have a great night everyone.

Last edited by lovemylife001; 02-12-2016 at 11:40 PM.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:33 AM   #404  

Hey, guys! Guess what my husband bought me for my birthday?

A WEBSITE!

So, I guess I need to get on this asap!

Hope you're all having a great day!!
Old 02-17-2016, 09:46 AM   #405  
lovemylife001

Good Morning Everyone

Munchy that's a perfect gift. I know you must be excited. I agree get on it ASAP

All is well on this end, just plugging along. I need to get back focused after this past weekend. I'm almost there.

Have a great day everyone