General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-27-2015, 11:35 PM   #301  

S/C/G: HW370/319/200

Height: 5'9"

I have spent the better part of my free time today buzzing through this 20 page thread! I've been interested for a long time in learning more about Volumetrics and finally found it here! So much that I ordered a book off Amazon today to learn more about it. But you guys have fantastic recipes and ways of incorporating it into your daily lives quite well!

I think my chopped salads will fit into this quite nicely, too!
KerriLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:17 AM   #302  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Yay, I love to see activity here! Welcome
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 01:54 PM   #303  

Thanks Munchy. I'm waiting for my cookbook to come today. First altered meal, just finished and I'm stuffed. Progresso chicken corn chowder, added a cup of broccoli, a couple ounces of John Soules chicken fajita meat and some sriracha.

Shopped for a head of cauliflower and cabbage yesterday as well. And we always keep dozens of bags of frozen veggies in the freezer.

I'm also interested in Hungry Girl's growing oatmeal bowls to incorporate into my breakfasts. I usually just have scrambled eggs I stretch with Egg beaters, and toast, or peanut butter honey toast with a banana.

What's everyone eating?
Old 03-30-2015, 02:56 PM   #304  

Today I had an egg white scramble with a LOT of mushroom, scallion, and spinach with a wedge of light jalapeno spreadable cheese.

Then, I had soup - chicken with poblano peppers, kale, and a teeny bit of quinoa

For dinner tonight I already made a shepherd's pie (1 onion, 1lb ground turkey, 1lb finely chopped mushroom for the bottom layer, peas and corn, then mashed cauliflower and potato for the top). 190 calories per serving.
Old 03-31-2015, 02:05 PM   #305  

Munchy, your egg white scramble sounds delicious!

Today I ate a couple scrambled eggs, a double fiber English muffin, and a half dozen strawberries.

Lunch right now is a huge salad with 2 cups chopped cabbage, a cup of romaine lettuce, a roma tomato, a couple radishes, salsa and a few tbsp of ranch. Protein is 2 oz lean leftover beef fajita meat chopped on top.

I also made a nice spicy relish from a Mexican place I love. They serve with chips. I ate it on my fajita tacos last night. Chopped/ diced cabbage, chopped tomato, diced jarred jalapenos, and a little dash of white wine vinegar. Let it sit at least 20 minutes. Like spicy coleslaw.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:37 PM   #306  

Oh, I HAVE to make that spicy relish - that sounds amazing!

Today I made an egg white scramble, but my thyme jar broke into my meal and there was glass in it. I had to throw it out and eat 4 almonds as I ran out the door.

For lunch I had a cup of buffalo chicken soup, but it was a busy day that I ate it just now - close to the end of my work day.

My seven year old requested salad with chicken for dinner (I let her help me meal plan the next two weeks of dinners), so that's the plan! Tomorrow she's having a veggie burger and roasted brussels sprouts
Old 04-01-2015, 10:10 AM   #307  

Today I had pretty much the same scramble as yesterday, but without the glass I ate about 2/3 of it before I just couldn't eat any more.

For lunch I brought some quinoa kale soup, and for dinner I'm planning to use the roasted brussels sprouts from my daughter's meal plan and shred, mix with chopped leftover chicken breast, stuff in a sweet potato, and top with a little mozzarella, scallion, and probably some sriracha - mmm!
Old 04-01-2015, 11:38 AM   #308  

S/C/G: 210/210/125

Height: 5'5"

I love Volumetrics since I first heard of it a few years ago. I try to incorporate it into any other plan I happen to be following and into the meals I plan for my overweight family.

We eat lunch out almost every day and it can be hard to follow then. Hubs likes Arbys and although they have salads they tend to be a bit plain. We're better off at McDonalds with their big Southwest Salad (with grilled chicken) but my favorite is Subway's chopped salad with turkey, that way I can add every veggie they have.

Unfortunately I have GERD and can't eat soup because it seems to want to "reflux," on me.
FluffyFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 02:46 PM   #309  

Munchy, your egg episode cracked me up, no pun intended! That's something I would do.

I'm going to have to try your Brussels sprouts stuffing. My daughter finally loves these, and we like roasting them.

I'm on a cabbage kick. Lunch today was pan softened cabbage with some red onion in with in it, along with leftover beef fajita from the other night. I added a couple tablespoons of Asian Ginger dressing to get a stir fry flair going. It was intended to go in a wrap, but it was too voluminous! Yummy though, topped with a bit of chopped almonds- nice, warm salad.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:48 PM   #310  

Fluffy, I'm not a huge soup fan myself but I'm trying to change that. It is definitely difficult to eat out and stay on this plan. It didn't work for me last night. My fault, shouldn't have ordered the pork carnitas and had salad like is planned!
Old 04-01-2015, 02:50 PM   #311  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerriLeah View Post
Munchy, your egg episode cracked me up, no pun intended! That's something I would do.

I'm going to have to try your Brussels sprouts stuffing. My daughter finally loves these, and we like roasting them.

I'm on a cabbage kick. Lunch today was pan softened cabbage with some red onion in with in it, along with leftover beef fajita from the other night. I added a couple tablespoons of Asian Ginger dressing to get a stir fry flair going. It was intended to go in a wrap, but it was too voluminous! Yummy though, topped with a bit of chopped almonds- nice, warm salad.

Your cabbage meal sounds a lot like "crack slaw" which I've made with just about every combo of slaw, meat, and sauce. It's so good!
Old 04-01-2015, 02:55 PM   #312  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyFat View Post
We eat lunch out almost every day and it can be hard to follow then. Hubs likes Arbys and although they have salads they tend to be a bit plain. We're better off at McDonalds with their big Southwest Salad (with grilled chicken) but my favorite is Subway's chopped salad with turkey, that way I can add every veggie they have..
I have issues with indigestion/GERD, but for some reason soup never bothers me at all! Is it every kind of soup or just certain ingredients?

I don't eat much fast food, but when I do, I like Au Bon Pain best and a close second is Panera. The McDonalds salad is awesome in a pinch!
Old 04-02-2015, 10:16 AM   #313  

Our dinner last night was changed up - my fiance grilled some chicken thighs so my daughter wanted that over a salad...for the second day in a row!

Fiance also decided to make this crazy volumetric crockpot meal that ended up SO AMAZING when we finally tasted it at 10pm.
1lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, 1lb green beans, 5 stalks celery, 1 bell pepper, 2 mini peppers, 2 sweet potatoes, 1/2 cup of jerk bbq sauce, and a beer.

I didn't think it would be that good, but it was phenomenal!

Breakfast today was sauteed slaw topped with a runny egg. Lunch will be buffalo chicken soup.

Today my daughter is heading to her dad's for Easter weekend, so my fiance and I are using a groupon for a restaurant that will expire next week. I'm ordering Grilled Scallops with Brussel Sprout Vegetable Medley, Red Pepper Puree, and Herbed Yogurt Sauce.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:59 PM   #314  

Munchy, I am a bit addicted to cabbage right now... minus Easter weekend filling up on more garbage than I'd planned! That crockpot meal sounds devine! Bet it all blended up together fantastically. I went and stocked up on my veggies after work today, along with lots of berries for my mornings and to toss into some lunchtime salads.

Breakfast today was 1 1/2 servings of Protein Special K and 1% milk for about 300 calories with 1/2 a banana on top.

Lunch was a Healthy Choice Asian Beef Teriyaki meal with an extra cup of broccoli on top for about 350 calories. I think this gave me heartburn for the rest of my day, though. But it was good and filled me up. I took frozen broccoli and put a dash of tap water in the bowl and microwaved for 2 minutes on high. Came out perfect to stir into my meal.

Dinner was Easter leftovers-- ham and potato salad (it's all gone now, so no more of that!) with lots of sliced up tomatoes with pepper on top.

Trying to get my groove, but I haven't been feeling so hot lately. I pre-ordered the Hungry Girl's new cookbook, which is supposed to have lots of volumized recipes in it. I'll have it by the end of the month. Yay!
Old 04-07-2015, 06:04 AM   #315  

Hi, I'm Dee... I just ordered the Ultimate Volumetrics Diet book and I can't wait to get it! This sounds like a plan for me... I love soups, fruits and veggies! I surfed about it after reading the U.S. World and News reports on diet plans, and other reputable reviews. It sounds sensible and something I can live with.

I'm going to read this thread... So glad I found this thread!!!!
deesharee is offline   Reply With Quote