General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 12-31-2015, 11:05 AM   #361  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Wannabehealthy - yes! It's like a built in "no fail" method. It's worked for me for all of these years
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 12:09 PM   #362  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I bought a used copy of the book a while ago. Read over it but didn't actually take it seriously. Since then I noticed that if I go out to eat and order a cup of soup with my meal, by the time I finish the soup I'm no longer hungry for my meal. That told me something. I'm starting to eat more soups, and larger quantities of low calorie vegetables to my diet. They really fill you up!! I'm going to get my book out again.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:20 PM   #363  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
I bought a used copy of the book a while ago. Read over it but didn't actually take it seriously. Since then I noticed that if I go out to eat and order a cup of soup with my meal, by the time I finish the soup I'm no longer hungry for my meal. That told me something. I'm starting to eat more soups, and larger quantities of low calorie vegetables to my diet. They really fill you up!! I'm going to get my book out again.
Definitely! Little tweaks like adding in some chopped zucchini, extra peppers, etc into chili is nothing, but can make your dish that much lower in calories
Old 01-11-2016, 09:16 AM   #364  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

Last night I had a really wonderful salad for dinner. I took a big zucchini that had been chilling in the fridge and spiralized it, then added 3 oz. of ham from the deli that I chopped. To that I added a big handful of cherry tomatoes, half a jar of artichoke hearts, and about 1.4 lb. of marinated mushrooms purchased from the deli section at our new supermarket. Used Italian dressing over it and oh man was it good! Like pasta salad, but no pasta and no mayo. I will definitely be making that one again.
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 10:19 AM   #365  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Hi Everyone

I ordered the Volumetrics book last week from Amazon and received it on Friday. I must say it all makes so much sense. I read the whole book on Saturday and made my meals for the week on Sunday.

I love the book because it has a lot of recipes. I did find a lot of additional recipes on the net that didn't require so much preparation. I think this is going to be something that I can stick with forever.

But if anyone has additional recipes that they would like to share I would love to add them to my collection.

Have a great day!
lovemylife001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 10:54 AM   #366  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemylife001 View Post
Hi Everyone

I ordered the Volumetrics book last week from Amazon and received it on Friday. I must say it all makes so much sense. I read the whole book on Saturday and made my meals for the week on Sunday.

I love the book because it has a lot of recipes. I did find a lot of additional recipes on the net that didn't require so much preparation. I think this is going to be something that I can stick with forever.

But if anyone has additional recipes that they would like to share I would love to add them to my collection.

Have a great day!
This week, if I remember correctly, our dinner meal plan is:

Sunday: smoked lemon chicken, roasted butternut squash and roasted green beans
Monday: Cajun zoodles with chicken and adouille
Tuesday: Thai peanut lettuce wraps
Wednesday: Lasagna stuffed spaghetti squash
Thursday: Cream of zucchini soup (with grilled cheese for the little one)
Friday: I can't remember for the life of me!
Old 01-14-2016, 12:32 PM   #367  
lovemylife001

Everyone

I am really loving Volumetrics

I feel really satisfied and don't find myself wanting to snack all day.

Munchy Can you please share your Thai peanut lettuce wrap recipe? That sounds fabulous. Thanks

Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-14-2016, 12:33 PM   #368  

S/C/G: 1400 calories a day

Hi I changed my username from LowDown to Teddie. I like to add about a cup of bone in broth to Progresso Beef Pot Roast Soup. It makes the soup more filling and the broth is delicious.
Teddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 12:37 PM   #369  

Quote:
Everyone

I am really loving Volumetrics

I feel really satisfied and don't find myself wanting to snack all day.

Munchy Can you please share your Thai peanut lettuce wrap recipe? That sounds fabulous. Thanks

Have a great day everyone.
It's all Gina! Thai Chicken Peanut Lettuce Wraps

My eight year old daughter, husband and I loved them. We got 6 servings out of it and I packed the last two mixed with shredded cabbage instead of inside the lettuce to bring to work for lunch.

I highly suggest you use bibb instead of romaine. It doesn't hold up well!
Old 01-14-2016, 12:42 PM   #370  
lovemylife001

Thanks Munchy,

I'm definitely going to make over the weekend. I do most of my food preparation on Sunday for the week. I love the fact that I can grab and go it makes life so much easier. for making life easier lol

Have a great day!
Old 01-14-2016, 01:47 PM   #371  

Quote:
Thanks Munchy,

I'm definitely going to make over the weekend. I do most of my food preparation on Sunday for the week. I love the fact that I can grab and go it makes life so much easier. for making life easier lol

Have a great day!
I make months and months of food ahead of time, so I completely understand! Batch/freezer cooking for 8 years and I'll never look back
Old 01-25-2016, 08:53 AM   #372  

Hi All!
I'm bumping this wonderful thread!
Does anyone have a recommendation for which of the 3 books are best? Thanks!
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 08:55 AM   #373  

I was hoping somebody would chime in.

I would probably start with The Ultimate Volumetrics Diet, even though I've never read it. I actually started cooking light this and then realized there was a name!
Old 01-26-2016, 09:31 AM   #374  
lovemylife001

Good Morning Everyone

I ordered The Volumetics Eating Plan. I love this book and plan. The book has tons of recipes. I also get recipes from the old Volumetrics Threads on here when it seemed to be really popular.

I love this way of eating and I don't feel deprived. I think I have found my way of eating for life. Have a great day everyone and thanks Munchy for all the menu ideas.

Last edited by lovemylife001; 01-26-2016 at 09:32 AM.
Old 01-26-2016, 10:06 AM   #375  

Thanks Munchy & lovemylife! I just picked it up from the library. Can't wait to try Munchy's Thai Chicken wraps.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote