3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   Volumetrics Followers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/292426-volumetrics-followers.html)

Munchy 05-08-2015 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rho1640 (Post 5162315)
Oh that looks great thanks ... We made the largest chow mein recipe on the planet tonight ... And will be eating it for days .. Did like double the vegetables and added a lb of ground beef .. But since I think it is about servings for 10 overall it didn't make a lot of calorie difference

A question ... How long did it take before your brain realized you were full and didn't need more ... My stomach is full but brain is still saying eat eat eat ...

If your portions previously were 1 cup each, you should have more servings in the end, so it definitely makes a difference!
I probably would half the noodles and replace them with shredded cabbage or noodled vegetables. Something mild like zucchini.

In terms of the stomach/brain issue, I don't know. I think my receptors are broken, so I just pre-plan my days and follow the plan. I have my servings laid out for me, so there is no "eating more" no matter how hungry I get. If I have no plan, that's when I can have days where I get off target.

Munchy 05-08-2015 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rho1640 (Post 5162376)
I'm thinking that I will start next week combining this along with 5:2 .. Does anyone do this? I really would like to get to the point that it is natural to me to not worry about counting calories or stressing or obsessing over numbers .. I don't mind counting a few days of the week but I have a tendency to be obsessive .. I think in the past I have obsessed myself right into obesity

I think it naturally works well with 5:2 because fasting days are basically volumetric days. I regularly look at 5:2 recipes to get good ideas for my daily meals. I guess you can say that I eat 0:7 :p

ladynredd 05-10-2015 11:58 AM

Happy Mother's Day, everyone. I spent Friday night with my son & his family ... they weren't aware of the change I've made in what I eat but luckily had picked up takeout Chinese for dinner, so I had some rice, veggies and a couple different meats. Saturday was an early Mother's Day celebration at a buffet. I had lots to choose from and had several different kinds of protein (unlimited shrimp! YAY!) and an interesting marinated beetroot salad. I was able to pass on the huge selection of desserts and breakfast breads without strain, which tells me the obsessive cravings are passing. Today will be quiet, as DH has a miserable head cold and our car is out having its radiator replaced so we have no transportation. I intend to do a lot of sewing (it is my day, after all!) and have a chicken/spinach dish for dinner.

As for the head/stomach thing ... I'm still working on that one. I usually eat WAY too fast, so my head doesn't have a chance to realize my stomach is full. I'm working on slowing down by gradually increasing the amt. I chew my food and putting down my fork between bites.

Munchy 05-12-2015 09:33 AM

Sounds like you had a great mother's day ladynredd! My dad always takes my mom, my grandmother, and me out for brunch or lunch along with the rest of the family. We went to a vegan restaurant and I got the most amazing marinated kale salad with spiralized beets, tofu, sunflower seeds, and a citrus tahini dressing. I also had a really good bloody mary ;)

I'm still going strong. I'm not making much progress, but I'm staying strong with my 10lb weight loss. My wedding is in 4.5 weeks...now I'm having all of these nightmares of things that haven't been done! :o

ladynredd 05-13-2015 10:38 AM

For Mother's Day I was given an amazon.com gift certificate. I decided to spend it on a spiralizer ... I've been wanting one since I saw my first zoodle recipe but wasn't sure I'd use it often enough to justify the storage space. Used it for the first time last night and boy did I have FUN! Zoodled up 3 zucchini, did a very quick saute with a bit of coconut oil and garlic, topped it with turkey meatballs and spaghetti sauce. My husband's only complaint was that he wanted more zoodles! Very tasty. Next trip to the grocery store I'm definitely buying more zucchini, I want to try a Thai-inspired sauce with chicken ...

Munchy 05-13-2015 12:11 PM

Yay!! They're so good, I don't know how some people don't like them. My fiance and his whole family like them and I've bought 4 spiralizers as gifts in the past year :)

You have to make this Kung Pao Chicken Zoodles. It's phenomenal.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-VTo-BvR0S8...en-Zoodles.jpg

Also make sure you check out Inspiralized.com for a million ideas of different veggies to spiralize.

ladynredd 05-26-2015 08:26 AM

Where is everybody? The Big Event (son's graduation) is over, I managed to stick pretty well to what I planned to eat, and I'm back home now and going full steam ahead. Hope everyone else is doing well too.

Munchy 05-26-2015 10:05 AM

Good for you! I'm still going strong - I don't seem to be losing anymore, but I'm starting to forget to eat because of how busy everything is. I'm probably going to drop at least a lb just from running around so much.

Hopefully after the wedding in two weeks I'll be able to start cooking a little bit more and maybe drop another 10 (my fiance is very against this, but whatever!)

:D

ladynredd 06-01-2015 07:58 AM

I know Munchy is busy busy busy getting ready for the wedding. I just wanted to keep the thread alive and report that I lost 10 lbs. in May. (Would have been more but I had pastrami yesterday.) In the long run it won't make a difference! :carrot:

Munchy 06-01-2015 09:11 AM

I'm a glutton for punishment and am distracting myself :)

CONGRATULATIONS ladynredd!! That's fantastic!

I'm still at the same 10lb loss, but it's looking like more lately. I hadn't seen one of our local shop owners in probably 6 weeks and my fiance and I went in this weekend. She told me I looked tiny, and told my fiance not to let me lose any more - ha...wedding stress is probably making me move more, forget about food more.

juris prudence 06-26-2015 04:49 PM

Hello everyone

I am new here on this forum. I just discovered volumetrics and this looks like a lifestyle plan that I can follow. I ordered two books today from amazon and cannot wait until I receive them. I hope that this forum will continue to be active. Looks like only ladynredd and munchy still post. Hope that munchy achieved her goals and had the wedding of her dreams. Great job ladynredd on the 10 lb loss. Hope that you are still losing.

Looking forward to engaging with like minded members on this forum!

ladynredd 06-29-2015 08:40 AM

Lost another little bit this week. I felt a little discouraged until I compared to what I weighed at the beginning of the month and realized I've lost 4.6 lbs. Not spectacular but definitely going in the right direction, so I'll keep on keepin' on.

Welcome to juris prudence glad to see another person join our happy throng.

Munchy 07-08-2015 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juris prudence (Post 5178365)
Hello everyone

I am new here on this forum. I just discovered volumetrics and this looks like a lifestyle plan that I can follow. I ordered two books today from amazon and cannot wait until I receive them. I hope that this forum will continue to be active. Looks like only ladynredd and munchy still post. Hope that munchy achieved her goals and had the wedding of her dreams. Great job ladynredd on the 10 lb loss. Hope that you are still losing.

Looking forward to engaging with like minded members on this forum!

Aww, thank you! I actually had an AMAZING wedding and just got back from my honeymoon where I ate and drank everything (NOLA).

I got back and surveyed the damage - up 2lbs. My face looks so bloated and I'm sure it's sodium/water weight.

Back to the grind! I'd love to lose another 10 in the near future :)

ladynredd 07-08-2015 05:22 PM

I'm still here, have lost about 23 lbs. now. Have been dithering up and down the last few days so I'm trying to concentrate on basics right now -- pushing fluids and veggies.

Welcome back, Mrs. Munchy!

rho1640 07-09-2015 08:58 AM

Hi guys I'm back .. Been a crummy couple of months health wise for both of us and emotion wise and stress wise ... I need to do this plan because I can work it into stress eating and that isn't something I can seem to get control of yet ... :mad:

Hubs goes to doctor about his back tonight fingers crossed they can do something to help him please