General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:28 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

I finally got around to making the carrot soup today that y'all were talking about when I first joined the thread and oh boy is it good! It was my first opportunity to use the stick blender I was given in January for my birthday. I will definitely be making it again -- DH doesn't care for it but that just leaves more for me! Tee hee hee.

Dinner tonight is hamburger patties (no buns) with rutabega fries and green beans. Hoping to go to grocery store tomorrow morning as my first job doesn't start until noon ...
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:40 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Last night I went a little champagne happy...sigh

Anyway, I made the best meal for dinner. I took leftover turkey taco meat, zuccchini noodles, diced tomatoes, neufchatel, cumin and picamas (Guatemalan hot sauce) and mixed it together to make a low carb/gluten free "Mexican spaghetti." It was amazing and only 238 calories.

Today I have zero plan for dinner. I really need to buy some groceries this weekend! Maybe I'll pull out a vegetable curry from my freezer and eat it over cauli-rice.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:41 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 172/168/125

Height: 5'3

I think I'm going to try to add these Volumetrics principles into my eating plan. Even if I can start with using it for one meal a day, I think it will be a good boost for me.
DodgeThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:38 PM   #169  

Dodge This, you're right. What diet plan wouldn't benefit from the addition of some healthy vegetables?

Munchy, your meal sounds good. When you make zucchini noodles (zoodles) do you cook them a little bit or are they raw?
Old 05-07-2014, 02:41 PM   #170  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladynredd View Post
Dodge This, you're right. What diet plan wouldn't benefit from the addition of some healthy vegetables?

Munchy, your meal sounds good. When you make zucchini noodles (zoodles) do you cook them a little bit or are they raw?
I always cook them a bit in a dry pan - not for too long since they'd get mushy, but for about 5 minutes or so. Then they have a perfect noodle consistency. I add the sauce right to the pan to warm it with the zucchini and plop it all in a bowl
Old 05-07-2014, 03:57 PM   #171  

That recipe does sound good! I especially like the zucchini noodles idea.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:19 PM   #172  

Here's a pic of my zucchini noodles. This one was just with a turkey marinara and romano cheese for under 200 calories. Not bad!

Old 05-07-2014, 04:24 PM   #173  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
Here's a pic of my zucchini noodles. This one was just with a turkey marinara and romano cheese for under 200 calories. Not bad!

That looks REALLLLLLLY good!!!

I have totally slacked off in the volumetrics dept. School is kicking my ***. Hopefully by the summer, I'll start back on eating more volume rather than small high calorie stuff.

Larry- Sorry to hear what you've been dealing with. Hope all is okay with you now.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:43 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Hi All

Just a quick check in to let everyone one know that I am still on the green side of the grass.

Saturday night I had shaking chills again. This is happening now once or twice a week. I used an electric blanket in bed set on high with a second blanket on top of that and I put on fleece sweat pants. I was extremely cold the entire night in spite of the Blankets and my bedroom being quite warm. At 4 AM I got up and took my temperature using a digital oral thermometer. It read 95.6 F degrees. I have never had a temperature reading that low. The Mayo Clinic's web site says that 95 and below should be considered a medical emergency for Hypothermia. About 10 am I took my temp again as I was no longer shaking but I still felt cold. It had gone up one degree to 96.6 F. On Monday I gave my doctor this information via the nurse. I was called late Monday afternoon from my doctor's office and told to go to for Blood and Urine testing. I have had a breathing test, urinalysis and extensive blood work this week but I have no results yet. I am waiting, sometimes impatiently for an answer. I even had a podiatrist appointment for a painful left foot.

I have learned recently what my grandfather meant when he used to say that old age was not for cowards.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:00 AM   #175  

Hi Larry, I'm fairly new to the site and this forum, but after reading your post, I just wanted to say that I'm so sorry to hear about the problems you've been having. I hope all of your tests come back with good news.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:06 AM   #176  

Larry I hope you're feeling better soon. If only we could avoid these medical issues, life would be much easier! Hang in there

I'm still a mess from these steriods. I'm feeling so irritable and sad, and I'm turning to champagne to quell the anxiety. Not good.

Today is a long day. After work I have to get the little one and she has to be in full makeup and costume for her dress rehearsal tonight. I have court tomorrow morning, then she has a recital tomorrow and Saturday and we'll be literally running from that recital to an off-broadway show. When we bought the tickets we didn't know it was recital weekend. Sunday is Mother's day...I need a break - apparently it won't happen this weekend! I don't know how I'll get groceries or cook enough for the next week. Ugh!

Today's plan is:
May 8, 2014
B: Hot tea w/lemon and agave (30), Roast vegetable chicken soup (157) = 187 (3.5)
S: 1 small apple (60) = 60 (1)
L: 6 quinoa/mushroom balls w/chipotle tomato sauce (182) = 182 (4)
S: Baby carrots (50) w/ light ranch (80) = 130 (2)
D: Okra & Tomato: 1.5 cup okra (60), ¼ onion (10), 2 turkey bacon (60), 1 cup canned diced tomato (40), ½ cup rice (100) = 270 (4)
S: None = 0
TOTAL: 829 (14.5)
Old 05-08-2014, 11:38 AM   #177  

I just saw this and had to post it:
Cauliflower risotto with roasted mushrooms.

I'm absolutely making this either today or tomorrow. I have everything on hand!
Old 05-08-2014, 12:02 PM   #178  

Default Yay!

I just hit the 25-pound mark in my current weight loss journey. Lots still to go, but I am certainly motivated and excited!
Old 05-09-2014, 12:10 PM   #179  

Ladynredd that's awesome!!!

I'm still just maintaining. I haven't been going to the gym and my anxiety is through the roof from tapering off of these steroids. I need to focus on my day to day things before I get back on the exercise horse. My meals, as always, are just fine.

This weekend is super busy with my daughter's dance recital and with mother's day, but I have to grocery shop as well as cook a few things for the upcoming week - I have no choice. My cooking list is long, but this week I'm focusing on the bare minimum to have cooked and ready: breakfast and lunch. I plan to make one 12-muffin pan of ham/egg quiche muffins, a pot of white turkey chili, and some chicken flautas for the freezer. I'll probably make sure that I have enough for salads too, just in case.

Onward and upward.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:12 AM   #180  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Munchy: I love reading your posts. You sound like a great and creative cook.

I saw you mention your SO hates okra because it's slimy...have you tried roasting it? Spread on a foil lined cookie sheet, mist with olive oil and whatever spices you like and roast for 25 minutes at 350*, moving them around every once in a while.

Crispy and delicious, no slime

ETA: I use frozen, already cut...super fast!

Last edited by IdealProteinNewbie; 05-10-2014 at 09:12 AM.
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote