General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:57 AM   #1  

Default Food calories--how about those loaded calories in common everyday drinks?

I thought I would post this chart, to show common drinks that people drink--that are loaded with calories. While everyone concentrates on food alone--take a look at this chart.

Kscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:12 AM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

I drink a glass of wine usually each day and when i do my fitness pal, it goes in too. I can't remember how many calories though. My daily glass is probably nearly double the standard drink though.

http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-wine-i14084
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:44 PM   #3  

Other than my wine which I agree counts if you are counting, and nonfat milk in my coffee I don't drink any calories. Never have even before it was sort of the big thing it is now. Always have preferred whole fruit to juices.
CindySunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:28 PM   #4  

I think portions are what's really out of control with drinks. The smallest size at starbucks should be a large! Did you know that you can order a size smaller at Starbucks? It's called a "short" and you have to order it by name; it's not on the menu. If I want a caffeine jolt I'll just get a regular black coffee; but if I want something a little sweeter and more decadent then I'll order a short. It hits the spot and there's not too much.
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:29 PM   #5  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Beer does not count for me. Whether I drink it or not it makes no difference to my weight. In fact I tend to lose quicker when I drink beer compared to those periods I go without it.

My body seems to process alcohol calories different to sugar and fat ones which is why I have kicked the other drinks you posted. Lattes were the last to go.

Last edited by IanG; 04-17-2014 at 01:30 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:32 PM   #6  
*Shakes fist at regain*

S/C/G: 150ish/ 114 / 109

Height: 5'

Is anyone else surprised when they see thin people drinking so many calories? I usually wonder what their diet looks like. Maybe they just don't eat much?

My sister has always been very thin (size 0 thin), and she drinks a lot of calories: chocolate milk, her daily Starbucks fix, coconut milk/water, etc. I'd estimate she consumes about 1700 calories a day and easily half of those calories are from drinks. That's what she likes. Personally I'd rather have 1700 calories worth of food.
crispin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:34 PM   #7  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

I drink about 300-400 cals per day in coffee. Totally worth it for me, and it fits into my eating.
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:35 AM   #8  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

The only ones I drink are coffee and tea. Usually my coffee is made at home with 2 creamers & splenda. Its approximately 70 calories. Every once in a while, I'll splurge on an iced coffee, but I usually ask to add my own sugar/splenda or get a sugar free version.

I usually drink unsweetened tea, but will drink sweet tea on special occasions. I used to drink McDonalds sweet tea all the time. Now it makes me nauseous due to the amount of sugar.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:41 PM   #9  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i do not drink calories except for my daily nonfat mocha with sugar-free flavoring and very little whip cream...it also replaces most of my lunch and i get it after i work out and headed to my afternoon work shift...i'm not going to give up my coffee but i'll do what i can to reduce the caloric impact (SF flavors, nonfat etc)
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:09 PM   #10  
Comes with Warning Label

S/C/G: 17st3/15st2/14st

Height: 5ft 7

my downfall are skinny chai lattes. I tend to drink at least 4-5 of those per week. Otherwise I've kicked the cowsmilk habit and am now on alpro soya light and even then I only ever use that in my coffee (it curdles in tea and I don't take sugar in either tea nor coffee)
Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:36 PM   #11  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I managed to really cut the calories in my coffees my using flaxseed milk (25 calories a cup).
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:40 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 184/169.7/130

Height: 5'4"

If you need to drink something with some sort of flavor I suggest getting a 32 oz bottle and filling it with water. Then add one packet of strawberry lemonade (I buy the Target Market Pantry generic brand) and add one packet of Splenda or Stevia. Then shake it all up, and it's so good. Especially since I'm limiting my sugar-intake and need something in place of juice.
ohlovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:30 PM   #13  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow View Post
my downfall are skinny chai lattes. I tend to drink at least 4-5 of those per week. Otherwise I've kicked the cowsmilk habit and am now on alpro soya light and even then I only ever use that in my coffee (it curdles in tea and I don't take sugar in either tea nor coffee)
Sorrow, you should check up on the fear campaign around soy products. They say that really the only soy one should be consuming is from fermented soy products such as tofu miso soup, and tempeh. Unfermented soy has some problem compounds.

In the old days when people didn't know, they used to give lots of soy foods to animals and they were developing very serious health problems. Of course if you just drink a bit of soy milk it may not be enough to cause you similar serious problems but I think you need to know about the dangers of soy.

Rice milk and almond milk are probably more benign. Also try coconut cream, yes its high fat but its probably not going to hurt you.

Lots of people who give up milk seem to like things like ginger and lemon tea and all those types of tea with no milk.

I personally have zero problem with having whole milk in my coffee and tea. I do not think the calories are sufficient to worry about, especially given the amount of useful nutrients in it. Cream, of course is out of the question and i would never ever dream of voluntarily putting any factory made creamer type products in my coffee and i can't think why anyone else would either.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote