3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   Help me make a diet plan (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/289857-help-me-make-diet-plan.html)

thediaryofintrovert 11-18-2013 04:44 PM

Help me make a diet plan

Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum and I want some help on to choose a diet plan.
I am 5'2 and I weigh 176 lbs. A few months ago, I lost some 40 lbs in around six months, I was eating no wheat,no sugar, no rice and was eating fruits and eggs and other stuff. I was usually taking 1200 calories so thats how I lost my weight. But then, after a few months i fainted several times and I looked so "old and sick" thats when I started eating by that I mean ALOT. So now in course of two or three months I have gained back all my weight. I am really really depressed now and i want to reverse back the time.But,oh, no. I do not want to lose it the unhealthy way. Can please anyone of you help me with my diet plan? I actually dont know which diet works best for me but its when i went carb free i lost my weight but i lost my energy and health with that too. Please can anyone help on how much calories i need to take and how much carb sugar and protien i have to take daily? I have no idea how to get starrted again.:(:(:?:

PatLib 11-18-2013 05:54 PM

Carb free isn't for everyone, one thing that I heard has work for others is having carbs with breakfast and none for the rest of the day.

This worked for me though right now I am no grains though I do eat carb heavy fruits.

Have you tried going to a doctor? May be he could come up with a meal plan for you?

blue1908 11-18-2013 06:29 PM

Hello, I am new to the group also and I have begun cycle 2 of the shred diet by Dr. Ian. I like the diet because I don't feel hungry and I eat about every 2 hours.

Changergirl 11-18-2013 06:46 PM

What works for someone isn't necessarily going to work for someone else. I'm someone who personally needs carbs in my diet. If I don't eat enough I feel really weak. For me what's worked is eating a 50-25-25, carb-protein-fat ratio with my calories TDEE -20%. For me that's around 1600 calories a day.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ this is a good website that can tell you how many calories you should be eating a day. It will also tell you how many carbs, protein and fat you should depending on your macro goals.

thediaryofintrovert 11-19-2013 01:27 PM

Thanks for your reply.
I also prefer to eat grain-free. I dont care much about the carbs in fruit but I avoid bananas and mangos etc.
What about green smoothies? I want to replace my lunch with green smoothies. Will I be able to lose weight?
Thankyou changegirl for the link. Its helpful. My caloric intake for losing fat would be 1500.

PatLib 11-20-2013 05:47 PM

I would eat bananas, they are great for both pre and post workouts. I always but banana in my smoothies!

I personally found that eating smoothies at lunch left me dizzy and tired. My biggest meal is breakfast, then lunch and for dinner I do the smoothies as my smallest meal. It works for me though my friend tried this and she said she couldn't sleep that it made her hyper. I had no problems though!

cleancowgirl 11-20-2013 06:59 PM

Bananas get a bad rap. As long as you don't eat them every day. They are packed with potassium and lots of other vitamins which keep your heart and blood pressure at normal levels. You need to eat every 3 hours or so to avoid those sugar drops and highs. I find that eating clean works best and fluctuate your calories. I may be 1200 one day and 1500 the next. I don't eat low carb but smart carb and it has worked really well for me.
Smoothie for me at breakfast. Almond milk, berries, protein powder and either spinach or kale. I usually will have whole wheat slice of toast with some almond butter(just about a teaspoon or two.) Lunch is usually a salad and dinner is light with chicken, fish and sometimes beef with a smart carb and a load of veggies. If I need some flavor a teaspoon of real butter vs the margarine stuff.

thediaryofintrovert 11-21-2013 01:56 AM

PatLib : I can’t eat much in the breakfast. It usually is a bread or boiled egg but a cup of tea is must. Well in this regard, taking a small dinner is very difficult for me as I have the same problem 
Cleancowgirl: I have always been under the impression that bananas are not good for fat people until now  Besides berries, what other fruit you add to your smoothies?