General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-08-2014, 05:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/218/174

Height: 5'10

Default Evening meltdowns

What are some effective ways to avoid overrating in the evening? I have a very busy morning in class, and always eat very light while I'm on the go. However my evening job as a chef can be very slow during the week, and the combination of being bored and having a plethora of free fried foods at my fingertips can be overwhelmingly tempting sometimes. I go get home around 11pm and don't have time to workout before bed... How do other people avoid breaking a days worth of being good on the evening?
waistmanagement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 05:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

First, maybe think about changing your thinking about "being good" and being bad. If you are eating lightly all day, you are probably hungry when you go to work, so its natural you'd be hungry. Make a plan for a full day's meals - planning out breakfast, lunch and dinner. You could even incorporate some of the fried food into your plan if you know you will eat it anyway.

Can you clean while you are at work to keep you busy? Or do leg lifts while you stand there?
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 199/189/155

Height: 5'7"

It would probably help if you had adequate meals throughout the day so that you are not ravenous in the evening. An evening snack would also help, too. Don't see your hunger as being bad. It is simply your body saying "Hey! I need food over here!"
hannahbeanies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:28 PM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I like the advice you've received. Maybe also try chewing gum and sipping on sparkling water? Sometimes I find that helpful.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote