3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions

General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Intermittent Fasting Support Thread

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 09:45 PM   #76
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Sometimes I will open my window or blur the lines (it's 5:05, imma pretend it's 5 and eat that). But I have to take a medicine on an empty stomach which is why it's important to close the window for sure most days before 5.

I'm maintaining the same weight due to hormones. I'm doing my other :2 today. I'm taking it up to 1010 calories. I'm craving a salad like crazy and that's what I want for my special fast meal. Plus I don't have time to cook for it. I'll still have a deficit by the end of the week I believe. I found a salad dressing that I like that is new and I really want to use it.

Obsessed with the spin of sparkly hoops
My personal hooping blog
Old 12-22-2013, 10:05 PM   #77

S/C/G: see ticker (in kg)

Height: 6' 3"

Started using my Fitness Pal to log all my foods and grabbed the runtastic app and used that for my run today, because of all the hills and such i got 424 calories in 30 minutes. Been logging in under my daily 1600 calories for the last few days and should be about 600 calories in deficit today.

Just slowly shedding fat 'til i like what i see.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:03 AM   #78

S/C/G: 192/146/137

Height: 5'4"

I want to try this starting tomorrow if I can make it through skipping breakfast. I hope this can help knock my body off the plateau it's on. It seems after every 1-2 pound loss, I get stuck and have to change my food or my workout or find something to get it off. The holidays haven't exactly helped but. I have managed to lose a pound this week.

Any advice for beginners? Thanks!
Old 12-26-2013, 11:32 AM   #79

S/C/G: 195/181/155

While its a wonderful time of year for other reasons, I'm so relieved that holidays are almost over, there is so much pressure to eat! Sassyblonde, I'm pretty new at this too so I'm not much help- and it seems people have quite different intermittent fasting regimes. I'm trying to stick to alternate days fasting, with the "fast" day at 200-500 calories eaten sometime in the late afternoon or early evening. So thats 3 or 4 fast days a week - but I don't sweat it if I eat normal 2 or even 3 days in a row - just fast the next day. I dont get the sense of falling off the bandwagon or failure - that's what's nice. Takes a lot of pressure off. Fast days are not easy, and sometimes its hard to concentrate at work - but I hear they get easier with time. Its comforting to know that one can eat the next day. I drink herbal teas or clear broth to get through the tough hours when my stomach is grumbling .
Old 12-26-2013, 09:09 PM   #80

S/C/G: 133/131/105

Height: 5'1"

I am very new to this! In the past week (which is how long I've been trying to lose weight) I had one fast day, on Tuesday. It was entirely comfortable -- I just didn't get around to eating, and then had a bowl of sliced peaches before I went to bed. I think I can manage that. Do folks think a once- or twice-a-week fast day is reasonable, or is more than that suggested?

Thanks for any advice!
Old 12-27-2013, 08:46 AM   #81

Hey Sassy, if your doing an eating window make sure you adjust your calories for the other meals so you still eat your daily amount. It may take a little while to get used to eating later but eventually you get so used to it you don't even feel hungry, today by accident i opened my window 3 hours late after a 30 minute jog/run and didn't even phase me.

On an update for me, keeping up on my jogging 3km every second day and they come in at ~400 calories and I love jogging. Thinking on dropping my eating window back down to 6 hours though as by the time i get back from my run I'm usually not hungry. Managed to keep my weight steady even through the Christmas binge of 3 lunches and a dinner had to occur due to split family.
Not sure how long after taking up running/jogging people may see weightloss but I'm waiting for it as I would like to lose these last few kilos.

Last edited by ShrinkingStudent : 12-27-2013 at 08:53 AM.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:12 PM   #82

I've been thinking about this diet, glad to find this thread!

Does anyone have a link to any specific info, this is the diet I wanted to learn about.

still looking for motivation!
Old 12-28-2013, 09:21 AM   #83
Hooping my Life Away

Question: Why does the 5:2 book say not to fast two days in a row? I mean I still ate way over 2 days a week. So I figure a few low days in a row won't hurt. Overall I will still have a small deficit, I think. I have plenty of fat to feed off of! Either way, I did a 600 (ughlck), 1600 (low for me on a feast day lately), and probably another fast day tonight. Depends on the scale. I just want to get this Christmas weight off and still lose weight. I ate about 1000 cals over in two days and the scale totally showed it!

My personal hooping blog
Old 12-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #84

Hey kmaed, i didn't really dig around into all the different ways of fasting so all i can tell you is to google leangains or search the forums here. Others should be able to point you in direction of alternate day fasting and others.

Daimere I'm just guessing it may be as not to give your body long enough to start using sources other than fat for energy.

My scales moved! Down 1.5lbs over the last day making for two pounds in the 10 days i've been doing a fasted run (those days included christmas). Can't wait to see the changes my family see as an uncle on christmas thought i was 80kg (~175lbs) so i must be doing something right. Happy New Years everyone hope everyone has a great one and keeps going.

Old 12-31-2013, 01:32 AM   #85
Hooping my Life Away

I've been skipping breakfast but not strictly 5:2 fasting this week. I've gotten so used to it that I didn't want to get up and eat breakfast today. So now my cals are really skewed the rest of the day. More oops things to eat then if I need!~

My personal hooping blog
Old 01-03-2014, 11:50 PM   #86

S/C/G: 192/146/137

Height: 5'4"

I have been doing intermittent fasting since Dec 26th and it just feels like such a natural eating pattern for me. I eat daily between 12 and 8. Setting a time to eat has helped with late night snacking and I feel very relieved to not have to have breakfast..that takes one more thing off my plate on busy mornings! My only issue was this morning I woke up about 4 am couldn't sleep and was sooooo hungry...I did eat 2 eggs which got me to noon. I find that if I don't get enough calories before the deadline then I can't make it. The first couple of days I was ravenous at noon...now my body is used to it and now it will be 4 or 5 and I've only had 500 calories or so. But I like a big dinner so that works. I will weigh myself in a couple days and find out the results.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:30 AM   #87

Good to hear another good start on IF Sassyblonde, those days when i have to get up earlier than i usually do can make me feel a little peckish waiting for noon to break fast.

As for me I'm still going at a steady rate of about 2 lb a week. Trying to figure out how much i have left to lose is getting so hard, so im kind of moving into fitness so i can start toning my body properly. Brought myself a good skipping rope online so i can start working that in alternate days, but yer everything is looking good for me. Recently uploaded a photo of me at Christmas to facebook and two of my friends from 2011 said i was looking great, I'm looking forward to this year

Last edited by ShrinkingStudent : 01-07-2014 at 12:33 AM.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:53 AM   #88
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

Hi, i'm sorry i haven't the patience to read through long thread but i can follow it from now on.

Can you tell me, is there a fasting tips thread?

And what do the ratios mean. I mean the 18:? something you put in your first post shrinking student. I know what 5:2 means but i'm sorry i can't remember now what number you wrote and i haven't a clue what it means except 18 days not fasting and another number for days of fasting.

I am intending to fast one day per week. I think that's more than enough for me to cope with. I did my first fast a few days ago. Pure water only. Is that what you guys are doing, or do mean something else by fasting.

Between fast days i'm starting off slowly with calorie restrictions. Its more important for me to avoid binging on junk food and to eat properly than to lose weight quickly.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:37 AM   #89

Hey Pattience, welcome to the thread. When it's a large number like that it usually means hours fasted a day to the eating window. I'm on 16 hours a day i don't eat and 8 hours a day i eat my daily calories in (16:8).

I don't think there is really a fasting tip thread but feel free to discuss any questions here. The main two types of fasting are the eating window (usually 8 or less hours a day) where you eat your standard restricted calories in your period of hours and do this as many days a week as you want. Or there is the whole day fasting where on a fast day you eat 500 calories (i think people also do water fasting) but you would have to call out another member for there input on these as i'm not that read up on anything bar the eating windows.

TIP: It is okay to have something under 50 cals as this will keep you in a fasting state, only really applies to the eating window as you would usually use this so you could have a coffee in the morning to tide you over until your eating window starts.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:59 AM   #90
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

I don't have any other particular questions. But i do like to know what other tips people use and it would be interesting in a concentrated thread. Is this the only thread on a fasting. that's a pity.

Interesting idea to eat within a window of opportunity. Sounds like a good idea actually.

Do the fasting people have a support forum. I would be interested in reading what people eat and how they are going.

Its good to see another aussie on this site too.

I am blogging on the vegetarian forum.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.