General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 01:59 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 93.6/92.5/85

Height: 5.4

Ok my name is Mary and have been here before..... I am 5'3" and 59 yrs. I am not good at sticking to any sort of diet. (Actually I really sux at it) BUT.. back to try again, now I no more about it. Didn't know I could eat 25% of my WW points on a fasting day lol. Just goes to show how much I read, Have to go find how many points I am allowed and work from there. All I remember is I am allowed 500 cals and it's 50 cals to 1 point, can't remember my daily allowance. Should keep me busy for a while.
Nice to see everyone doing so well.
Shrinking student If I could reach through the net I would give you a trophy u are doing so well.

Last edited by MaryL; 11-15-2013 at 11:55 PM.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:24 AM   #17  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Hi Twipswitch... here... Sorry I haven't been here very often.... Keeping up on all the posts here... I'm still just doing my 12pm to 8pm eating window.... And it's still working!!! So I say IT WORKS..... If YOU WORK IT!!!
Old 11-15-2013, 09:47 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 163/154/120

Height: 5'2"

Hey all! Yesterday went well again! I was able to fast and then during my 5 hr. eating window was able to enjoy what everyone else was eating at a friend's gathering of ladies!! AND I am down 2 lbs. for the week

I've decided that Fri. morning will be my official weigh in day so I changed my ticker and will not weigh in again until next week

I have so much trouble with my computer freezing up when I am on this site. Anybody else have that problem? I don't seem to have that issue when I am on other sites

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well...glad to see some veteran's back!
Old 11-16-2013, 09:35 AM   #19  

Good morning.
I have been away for a few days and have started back on plan - eating one big meal and fasting 23 hours.
Really feel great doing this plan.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:25 AM   #20  

S/C/G: see ticker (in kg)

Height: 6' 3"

Aw Thanks MaryL.
This week has been quite a challenge to lose as my brother took me out on the town to celebrate my weight lose and a friend convinced me to go out last night. Not quite sure how I'm doing it but i still have managed to lose 1.2kg (2.6lb) this week and I'm getting really close to my happy body (I have hip bones!).

Hope everyone has a great week!

Last edited by ShrinkingStudent; 11-18-2013 at 02:40 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrinkingStudent View Post
Aw Thanks MaryL.
This week has been quite a challenge to lose as my brother took me out on the town to celebrate my weight lose and a friend convinced me to go out last night. Not quite sure how I'm doing it but i still have managed to lose 1.2kg (2.6lb) this week and I'm getting really close to my happy body (I have hip bones!).

Hope everyone has a great week!
You are doing so wonderfully! Losing 2.6 lbs. even while celebrating with your brother and friend!

I'm back to my 19 hr. fasts this week (I don't fast on weekends). I can't wait to weigh in on Friday. I'm feeling good that I finally have a plan that will help me lose weight without constant thought to food or deprivation.
Last night I opened my eating window at 3:30 and had some egg salad on magic pop cracker (amazing large 15 cal. cracker!). Then a glass of wine while fixing dinner. Nibbled on Chex party mix. Dinner was a large hamburger patty (no bun) topped with motzarella cheese, small salad, kind of alot of potato chips and another glass of wine.

Hope everyone is doing well, please post if you get a chance!!
Old 11-19-2013, 05:16 PM   #22  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

Fast day yesterday. Went okay but went over 100 calories. But I am just going to let it go. Down 2 lbs. 230.5 this morning. I want to be at 230 on Friday weigh in. I have a goal for 225 by the 19th of Dec. I have a plan now just to stick to it.

Katie. I am doing the 5:2 as well. I tried to not eat until noon yesterday. It was really hard but that was a goal I met. It helps make two small meals for the day.

Jaob. Those crackers sound good. I will have to look for them in the store.

Shrinkingstudent congrats on staying the course even with the distractions. How much is it so far this month?

Hope you all have a great day.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:02 PM   #23  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Today I plan to get back into IF eating. I was doing a mix of 5:2 and eating windows. I was in the middle of a divorce and left it as I was emotionally eating. It is mentally very hard for me to get back into it (I've been trying for days) but I know I LOVE the feeling of food not having power over me anymore.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #24  

Hey folks! Another great Fast 5 day yesterday! I broke my fast with about an ounce of chicken breast. I found that I need to eat just a tiny bit of something when I break the fast rather than chowing down on something. It helps me to regulate my eating during the rest of my window. I ate some mixed nuts, then had a nice big chic salad with sunflower seeds and full fat dressing. AND of course a couple glasses of wine!

Losetoall-the crackers are amazing!They are about 6" in diameter, sturdy but lite and crunchy. They are puffed rice and wheat. I have used them to dip, or top with cheese and meat. I have also made a quick microwave pizza with them (but you gotta eat it quick cuz they will get a bit soggy) Unfortunately they are sold locally and I can only get them in one store sold at a kiosk. I'll google them and see if you can buy them online...BTW-I think you are smart to make 5 lbs. goals!

Daimere-great job getting back to it even though it's been hard. I've been in and out of IF since Sept. but still manage to be 7 lbs. down. Sorry to hear about the divorce. I don't know why it is so hard for some of us (me included) to separate circumstances and eating Eating poorly never changes the circumstance that leads us to eat poorly

Have a super Wed. everyone!
Old 11-20-2013, 08:43 AM   #25  

Losetoall-just google Kim's Magic Pop. You won't be disappointed. They are not like traditional rice cakes. It looks as if you have to order quite alot of bags though. They have always kept fresh for a long time on the shelf for me!
Old 11-20-2013, 06:11 PM   #26  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

I woke up early today cause I was having IF related heartburn. And then since I am up so early, I am dying where my body isn't used to it yet. Usually I fast from 5a-8p. Or 5a-10p depending on work.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #27  

Just checking in...another great Fast 5 day yesterday. Someone brought in donuts and coffee cake yesterday and I didn't have any!! Can't wait for weigh in tomorrow. I'm hoping to be down at least 1 lb. That will put me at a weight I haven't seen for a LONG time. If I can lose 1 lb. a week I will be at goal by the end of summer 2014, but I should be looking pretty good before summer starts (I need to keep reminding myself of this so I don't get frustrated with slow weight loss)
Old 11-21-2013, 06:04 PM   #28  

S/C/G: SW 152 / CW 143.4 / GW 125

Height: 5"2

Hi there, I'm a real newbie to IF - this was my first week! I'm going to experiment a little to find which is the best fit. This week I tried the 5:2 idea. Fasting Mon and Thur with just 500 cal through the day. On Monday I tried eating three small meals but that was really hard, I was just starving all day. Yesterday I saved all my cal for an evening meal (apart from drinking tea) and that was absolutely fine, I even went to the gym after dinner. Taking this into account, maybe the EAT STOP EAT would work well for me.

Prior to this week I have just been working on cleaning up my diet. No sugar, no processed food, plenty of exercise. I just need something to kick start weight loss and to keep me losing and motivated. Fasting seems to be easy to fit in and quite intuitive. I'll be interested to see how it goes in the next few weeks.

I hope you don't mind me hovering on this thread to see how other people are doing with IF.

Last edited by marthamay; 11-21-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:20 PM   #29  

S/C/G: see ticker (in kg)

Height: 6' 3"

Been out of town for the last few days, so sorry i haven't checked in.
Headed to a major city to get my hair cut from my ponytail to a short style and managed to follow my IF while being about. It kind of sucks as we don't have scales so i don't get to weigh in until tomorrow morning.

LoseToAll I'm down 7.9lb so far this month, but that was when i weighed in on monday so who knows what it will be tomorrow.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:47 PM   #30  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

MarthaMay. You are doing what I did last month. My experiment with 5:2 was a success. I found that if I tried to eat 500 in 3 meals I was starving all day too. So now I do it in 2 meals an that helps. If I am busy all day and skip breakfast and lunch I am really satisfied with a 500 calorie meal. I lost 10 lbs in a month and that has never happened to me. My next month goal is 5 lbs on 5:2 or 4:3 (with 800 calories 3 days a week. I also do an eating window of 12:00 to 6:00 pm and that helps a lot. We are glad you are here. Welcome.

Shrinkingstudent. Glad you are back. And almost 8 lbs is awesome!! I always feel lighter after a hair cut. Helps my self esteem so much. Do you like the new hair cut??? Is it a big change for you?

Jaob. Congrats on passing up the snacks great for you!!!! One pound a week would be great for me. That is just a dream for me but maybe IF can do it??? I have never had success like this before and it seems to good to be true for me.

Daimere. I have never had heartburn with IF. In fact I feel healthier when not full. Why do you think you have heartburn??? Can you take Tums?

Well tomorrow is weigh in day and I want to beat 230 or lower. I am 230.5 today and it has been a fasting day. It has gone well. Had yummy southwest chicken salad for lunch and it was delish.

Hope you all have a great night. Cheers.
Closed Thread