General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 10-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/175/140

Height: 5'4

Default Belly Fat

I need to lose at least 40 pounds. Tried different things. My biggest thing is belly fat! I can't wear certain pants, shirts because my belly hangs out and you can see the rolls thru my clothes. Feel old. Hate it!
There are so many diets out there but I am asking what is a good way to lose and to lose belly fat!
I know there is no miracle cure but I am looking for suggestions! Thanks.
Gilligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

I can't speak to other diets I am a weight watcher always. Just losing weight following any diet will improve the belly fat. I have never found anything better for my abs than pilates.
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #3  
diamondgeog

Lowering carbs helped my belly fat tremendously. It did take a few months though. I think the reason is that when you have a constant supply of carbs your body just starts storing them as fat and not EVER using those stored ones for fuel.

So once you are on lower carbs for awhile you eventually kick start the way things humans were designed to do: store the over abundance of carbs when that was available. Then burn them when the inevitable shortage occurred later. We just never have the shortage now, so we never burn the stored carbs.

My belly fat has gone down tremendously after being on lower carbs a few months.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/200/175

Height: 5 6'

I'm doing the same as far as lowering my carbs too. I found a program that has low carb/calorie food so I am giving it a try. They told me no shots/pills and that the food does all the work! Sounds like my type of plan!
yoyogirl65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Belly fat is a bad sign. Stress is a huge factor in belly fat! So try to manage your stress. There is no such thing as spot reducing with exercise, but in general cardiovascular exercise will help you shed, and strengthening your core with ab work, pilates and free weights will help.

I found that eating a lot of wheat makes my belly fat worse, I try to stay on a low carb diet.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:21 AM   #6  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

I recommend carb awareness due to personal experience - I once experimented by cutting all carbs and eating 2 slices of bacon most days for a month (!). I didn't lose weight, but my pants fit so much better, I lost some body fat and a lot of tummy bloat.

There are some abdominal exercises (leg lifts, planks) that make a big difference in how my middle section looks too.
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:52 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

I also recommend strength training - that's my next focus
jennykay is offline   Reply With Quote