General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 06:33 PM   #121  

How is everyone doing?
Old 03-11-2014, 06:47 PM   #122  

Hi i am new here my first week i lost 7.8 lbs I found it hard i am really struggling with the milk days i hate milk ,the taste ,the texture also getting a few days of severe diarrhea? anyone have that too? thanks I feel this diet requires a support group, its not easy!!!
Old 04-25-2014, 09:24 PM   #123  
mar

Hi how are you? I'm starting tomorrow and DEFINITELY need the support too! My mom has experienced diarrhea from milk days and Dr. Schwartz told her what to do about that. Perhaps you could give him a call. Congratulations on your weight loss too!
Old 05-12-2014, 04:39 PM   #124  

Smile Just Started Week 12

I have been on the bead diet for 11 weeks and have lost 48 pounds! I have had no issues following the plan but had to quickly separate "food" and "being social". I now can enjoy going out with my friends and drinking water or iced tea while they are eating. I think it's harder for them than me! lol Looking forward to the remainder of my weight coming off - 25 pounds to go!
Old 09-17-2014, 01:50 PM   #125  

Default Can we restart the discussion?

I am new to the diet, on my 4th week. I have cheated every weekend, but still lost 12 pounds. I want to know if anyone has figured out a "smart" way to cheat. do I keep cheating in between 12-6? do I still rotate beads?

Also, did I read somewhere earlier on the forum, that I can re-use my beads and just place them in the same location as the first week? Do I really need to order more?
Old 09-18-2014, 04:24 PM   #126  

I'll restart the discussion with you, Gertie. Or at least I'll do the best I can. This is my first day back posting after being gone for a long time due to pregnancy and child raising. I need to get a grip and get back to where I was before.

I'm no expert on the bead diet but I've done it a few times before and had great results! I lost all the weight I wanted and kept it off with east until I got pregnant.

I did some cheating, too. I'd hop off the diet (usually on the weekends) and hop right back on. I haven't read through my packet lately but if I recall correctly, they say to start back up with milk days after a cheat.

When I went off for a weekend, I didn't follow any rules or rotate my beads.

I never reordered beads and just kept reusing the ones I have. As you said, I'd just reused the same positions again and again.

This diet has really worked for me, even doing it in various modified ways. I'm halfway through my day already and have just decided to begin the diet again. I've already eaten a normal breakfast but I'll just start right now, midday. I don't even have my beads on yet. My hubby will put them on for me when he gets home from work.

How's your day going today, Gertie?

Old 09-28-2014, 04:20 PM   #127  

Hey guys ! I'm back on here!
Today is day 1 after a break...
Did atkins and VLC for the past few months and lost a few pounds.
Looking forward to getting another boost with the my milk and veggies!
Starting weight: 188.9
Current weight: 178.4
Goal weight: 159.0

Anyone around these parts???
Is there another more active group?

Jen
Old 09-29-2014, 10:11 AM   #128  

Coco and Ann!
You guys were doing this plan together a few months ago!!!
Really curious to see where you are now????
Check in!
Jen
Old 09-30-2014, 04:49 PM   #129  

I'm so glad to see people back here. It's so much easier with a support group. Too bad they don't have an official forum. I took a break for a few months but got back on a few weeks ago.

Yes! Re-use your beads and diagrams. It still works.

Good luck!

Last edited by cocoisfit; 09-30-2014 at 04:50 PM.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:31 AM   #130  

Yay! Coco I'm back after a break too.
Today is my milk#1 cycle 2....
Gained a pound over the two veggie days but am expecting a drop tomorrow.
Where are you at this time around?
I said before, my stats look like this.
Original aw weight 189.0
Current weight (atkins) 177.0
Transition weight: 159.0
Ultimate goal weight: 149.0
Old 10-22-2014, 05:24 PM   #131  

Default yay! we have a discussion!

Hi, I am sorry I have been out, I have not checked back on the board since I posted. I thought I would get emails to notify me when there was a response, but apparently not.

I have now lost 18 pounds so far. I want to go on transition because I don't want to pay for more sets of beads, but I also want to stay on the diet for a few more weeks to lose a few more pounds. I feel like I have to go on maintenance because of the weekly phone calls to tell my counselor what I did last week.

Does anyone have any advice for maintenance? Has anyone skipped maintenance and maintained weight by doing two milk days every week?

thanks for the input!
Old 11-01-2014, 03:11 PM   #132  
it's always something

We are closing this thread and would like to ask that any further discussion of the Accuweight Bead Diet be directed to their facebook page. We will no longer provide a support venue for this particular diet, due to the severe side effects experienced by our members who tried this program. If you must follow this plan, and you have given the exact diet program to your doctor for approval and monitoring, please do an internet search for the accuweight facebook page or their website and seek support there.

Thank you.
Closed Thread