General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 09-21-2013, 02:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

Default Can't stay on Dukan anymore UGH!

I was doing Dukan a couple months ago, and did well! Got rid of 30 lbs this way, but I got bored 1 day ate off plan, and since then I haven't completely jumped on the wagon again, thankfully I have not gained though, but eating at maintenance is boring, I want to lose!!

Anyway, so this week I've attempted to Dukan twice and the following day I keep cheating, and it's almost like I'm doing it subconsciously!! It's really frustrating, Today I ate my oat bran and then got to work picked up a bagel and halfway through it, I was like "HHM WTF are you doing?!!" so i dropped it but the whole day I've been cranky, can't stay on plan so I ate regularly. ugh I just don't know what to do. Am I just bored of Dukan? I really think it's bc I'm not 100% committed but what do I do? I'm so sad, and I almost feel like I'm meant to be this weight as I can't seem to get past 170lbs.

Anyway, would love to hear some advice. My exercise has also gone out the window, hoping to get back on that starting tomorrow. Wahh I'm so bothered that I can't be more disciplined about this.
hhm6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:19 PM   #2  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

I had to transition a long time ago to calorie counting because trying to do low carb was driving me nuts

you had a great weight loss on dukan and maybe it's time to transition to another way of eating that you are more interested in/feel more committed to

I transitioned to calorie counting because I wanted to be able to incorporate more fruit and oatmeal....I know I lose weight best and fastest on low carb (even ketosis levels) BUT i'm not willing to feel insanely restricted, deprived and craving everything that I can't have...and while i'm not trying to knock a low carb way of eating, it just wasn't working long term for me
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote