3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   Drinks with no artificial sweetners? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/286152-drinks-no-artificial-sweetners.html)

smoochie3 08-12-2013 04:25 PM

Drinks with no artificial sweetners?

I am on day one of giving up my diet soda's and I am having a hard time finding anything other than water to drink. Are there any suggestions for a fizzy lo cal drink? I live in a small town and unfortunately my only shopping option is Walmart.

Snoooze 08-12-2013 04:34 PM

You could try club soda with the crystal light liquid, this is refreshing & tasty

nelie 08-12-2013 04:40 PM

I tend to brew herbal and regular teas to drink. I don't add any sweetener to them.

Tuscany 08-12-2013 04:47 PM

When I gave up diet Coke, I initially enjoyed Perrier as a replacement. Now I drink still water with Mio or Crystal Light (although I dont have any issues with artificial sweeteners)

Munchy 08-12-2013 05:29 PM

Club soda with a splash of cranberry and a lemon or lime. Yum!

seaurchin 08-12-2013 07:24 PM

club soda with lemon/mint ice cubes

CoolMom75 08-12-2013 08:26 PM

I took many years of failed attempts to quit diet Pepsi. I'd always cave after a month but this last time, over 2 years now, I decided to quit and whenever my cravings got really bad I'd treat myself to a full calorie root beer, with real sugar. For some reason although I like root beer, it doesn't have the same addictive quality for me that diet Pepsi had. I only had root beer once in a while and now I'm kinda grossed out by even root beer when I sip off my husband's at a restaurant.

SoMuchFattitude 08-13-2013 07:33 AM

Buy a soda stream and make your own fizzy water! Spruce it up by adding lemon/lime/berries/etc.

I have up diet soda/sweetener. Mio, crystal light, etc. all of that still has the artificial sugar in it.

diamondgeog 08-13-2013 09:10 AM

I agree with the flavored carbonated water (but be careful buy the ones with no sweetners in them). I also drink Celestial seasonsings herbal fruit teas. AND don't forget regualar ice tea. I Love it and it is naturally sugar and sweetner free.

Can make the herbal fruit teas into ice teas if you like as well. Pretty sure the Walmart by me has the Celestial seasonsing teas and Ozarka sparking water with natural flavors.

I went off diet soda around 6 months ago. It wasn't hard for me. Everyone is different at what is hard and easy for them making changes in eating/drinking. Some things are very hard for me.

At a partyaround 2 months after stopping I had a sip of one and it tasted like the most disgusting mix of chemicals. It didn't even taste like anything a human would ever drink. Once you break from it, it is amazing.

smoochie3 08-13-2013 10:46 AM

Diet Pepsi really has a hold on me but I made it through day one! I drank strictly water all day. Thanks for the suggestions! This headache is killing me today but I am determined!

CoolMom75 08-13-2013 01:38 PM

It's like crack haha!

Diamond....I had that experience of soda tasting nasty too. It tasted chemically and felt like it was sucking all of the moisture out of my mouth, making me thirsty. It's freeing to know I really am over it.

Palestrina 08-13-2013 05:42 PM

Seltzer! With lime or lemon, but I can drink it without. I also like to brew decaff green iced tea.

I'd stay away from artificial flavors like crystal lights and whatnots, they're pretty much the same thing as diet sodas.

If I can get off the stuff then anyone can do it! I treat myself to a diet pepsi every once in a while but it hasn't had a hold on me in a few years.

Betty Jewel 08-24-2013 01:48 PM

I gave up Coke Zero last October so almost a year ago. I'm not going to lie. It was so hard. But I really believed that in order to lose weight and actually keep it off I would have to make significant food/drink intake changes. Even though Coke Zero has no calories I had kept reading about how fake sugars make you crave more sweets. And I had also heard from a doctor that carbonation is not good for gastric bypass patients because it increases the size of the stomach after surgically reducing it.

So I opted to cut Splenda and carbonated beverages of any kind. I'm not crazy about plain water so I add fresh lemon juice or dilute cranberry juice from a bottle of no added sugar kind.