Trick your body out of a plateau?

• can you trick your body out of a plateau by eating normal or extra for a week then back to your dieting routine?

I've tried the extra exercise and calorie cutting calorie intake and bot and I'm not at a heathy weight either i weigh 217 and I'm 5'4.5" but this plateau has been going on for 2 months
  • I'm just breaking through a two month plateau where I lost and gained the same two pounds (170.5-172.5). I did exactly what you're wondering about and it seemed to work. I was normally eating around 1600 calories a day and exercising for an hour 5x a week and that did nothing. Two weekends ago I decided to eat as much as my body would allow, which ended up being about 2500 calories. The following Monday I was up to 174 but by that Friday I was down to 172. I hit on new low on Sunday at 169.8 then TOM came so I was up a bit but as of this morning I'm 169.3.

I know it's not a huge loss but after seeing the exact same numbers since the beginning of May it feels amazing.

Hopefully something similar happens to you because I understand how frustrated you are right now.