General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 06:08 AM   #16  
Om shanti

The real key to any plan that relies on meal replacements is liking the shakes. The bars just are likely not going to be anything more than an occasional treat in a successful effort. If you can see yourself having the shake at least once a day for the rest of your life then that would be a good tool for getting to and maintaining a healthy weight.
Old 10-15-2003, 01:40 PM   #17  

Default Joining Slim Fast Group!!

Hi there!

I am so glad to find this thread! Have been doing Slim Fast for three weeks now and doing quite well. Only have a few lbs. to lose but it's still hard....have used the Slim Fast website for inspiration and education but really love interaction with other Slim Fast users.

I typically have a slim fast bar for breakfast (at work around 9-10). Then I may have some fruit, cottage cheese or something before or after. I then have a slim fast bar for lunch with veggies, fruit, snack bar, etc., in the afternoon. Depends on my hunger and cravings. For dinner, I do the "sensible" meal along with a snack in the evening. Have found some Orville Reddenbocker (spelling) mini-bags that are one serving with 100 calories. They are expensive but worth it. Have to be careful with popcorn...I can go overboard!! Also, fat-free chocolate pudding is only 100 calories too. I typically have been staying around 1,200-1,300 calories daily. I walk 1.5 miles daily.

Sounds wonderful and I should be a bean pole...but I do binge...how much depends. Before TTOM, I would every other day for 4 days. Not good but I would even binge with low-carb so I can't blame it on carbs!

On the weekends, I doing eat the bars...I just go by calories. 200 for breakfast and 300 for lunch and then snacks and dinner. It works well and gives me a break plus I love cereal and fruit, even oatmeal along with a sandwich. The Slim Fast website has all kinds of meal options and recipes (it's under meal plan) and I printed everything out and put it all in a notebook so I can refer back. That really helps me stay motivated.

Again...great to see this thread. Let's keep it going!!
Old 10-15-2003, 02:17 PM   #18  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

Hi, I am also going to start using slimfast again. I use slimfast occasionally but I am going to start using it for breakfast and lunch. I find I do better with slimfast because I can get grap it and go. well good luck to you
Old 10-16-2003, 06:40 AM   #19  
Om shanti

I encourage both of you to consider trying other meal replacements, since most folks feel that most of the alternatives are more nutritious than Slim-Fast.
Closed Thread