General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 177/176/130

Height: 5'3"

Unhappy Diet and exercise...am I even doing this right??

So, I'm 29, 5'3" 176.8 (as of this morning). I use the MyFitnessPal app for logging what I eat. I keep calories under 1100/day.

I started the couch-to-5k program, I'm on week 2 (again), 3x a week in the morning. Then the 2 other days I'm in the gym doing cardio - either zumba, bodycombat and strength training. and on weds I have a 30min kickboxing class.

I'm eating all good foods, little carbs, mostly protein and fruits/veg, whole grains.

Why do I not see results??? as of this last week alone really pushing it, I only lost a half pound

Is this slow of results normal? Do I need to up my workouts? Eat less??
lpeterson189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I don't think you should eat less. As is, I'm not sure if you're even getting enough, considering your high activity level.

You may not be seeing results because your body is holding onto water. That's what happens when we workout. It could also happen from hormonal changes around time of the month. Also, it could be from consuming high amounts of sodium.

Are you feeling hungry? Are you getting enough protein? Fiber (you could be less regular)?

If you're sure that your calorie counts are accurate, then just give it some time. How long have you been at the dietary changes? It seems like you're on week 2, which is quite early.

If the scale is frustrating you, perhaps you could take a break from it. I used to weigh every single day and it would really lead to a great deal of misery so now, I try to weigh less often. Once a week is the goal, but I also may sneak a little weigh in if I'm feeling up to the disappointment.

I think you're doing great and there's nothing wrong....it just takes a lot of time and patience.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #3  

why are your calories so low?.
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/142/135

Height: 5'4"

Congrats on starting! And congrats on doing the C25K program!

You said you're using myfitnesspal - do you mean 1100 NET calories (meaning you ate back the calories you burned via exercise), or 1100 calories TOTAL?

I agree with the others that it seems it may be a little early to be alarmed by slow progress. My first concern would be that to make sure you're eating enough calories to support your activity level.
KindaSortaAthlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Also, are you measuring? I find when I'm doing consistant exercise my weightloss slows but my inches lost increases, the week I really hit C25K hard with HIIT on the inbetween days I lost NO weight but lost 1/2 inch off my waist which I was thrilled about.
How are your clothes fitting?? You can't just go by the scale when getting fit, lots of factors go into it. Also, you may be eating too little, maybe add 200 calories a day on there and see what happens.
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote