General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:13 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by newleaf123 View Post
My gut reaction on this is that I would feel really weird if a friend asked me if she could do that. And, I would imagine that if I said yes, I probably would eat differently than I normally would in an effort to look good, or to simplify my food choices for her, which would then negate the whole experiment from the outset.

For example, the dinner I made tonight was pretty complex -- it included a side dish that I had already made yesterday, and that side dish included some rice that I had made the day before that and had leftover. How could my friend replicate that? She couldn't, so I'd have to choose something different (and then I would probably feel put out, but that's just me).
Good point
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:07 AM   #17  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I think it's difficult to copy EXACTLY what your friend is doing because you aren't your friend! What works for one person may not work for another, etc.

However it might be a good idea to get an idea of what your friend eats and how much. Sometimes it helps to get an outside perspective on this stuff! I know that a big reason I was able to lose weight was because I spent a lot of time with my skinny ex-fiancé. He didn't have a healthy diet, but I saw how he only ate when hungry and stopped when he was full. Because of my upbringing, it was a totally foreign concept to me.

Right now I find it strange when people grill me on what I eat and how much, but I usually don't mind it too much when they feel the need to analyze my habits. It's actually helped quite a few people around me!

Last edited by sontaikle; 06-25-2013 at 05:08 AM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote