General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-06-2013, 04:06 PM   #1  

Default So frustrated

I honestly feel like crying , for the past month I`ve been eating like crap overeating and eating junk simply because I felt like it , I've had a lot of family events so it's been hard to resist all the food and it's safe to say I've been indulging . I exercise everyday , doing weight lifting and cardio and I've actually increased the weight lifting and switched to higher intensity cardio .Anyway I've stepped on the scale and it says I'm actually 20 pounds heavier than last month , people say I look the same , it's unoticeable but I feel like I've gained a lot . My face looks puffier , I've noticed my breasts are a bit bigger than they were before , I feel like my thighs are bigger and I've just gained more fat . I don't know what to do , I feel like no matter how shitty it makes me feel I keep eating like crap and I've had a few breakdowns this month already just because I'm so frustrated with myself for destroying something I've worked so hard for .
SaraBobera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:25 PM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I SO feel for you! However, you can definitely get yourself back on track. First off, I can't imagine that you actually gained 20 lbs. of fat in one month. To do that, you'd probably have to eat massive quantities of calorie dense foods to the point of feeling ill and have lots of binges. I would bet that a great deal of what the scale says is water weight.

Take a step back and make a commitment. No matter what social events come up, you will stay on plan. It's hard to do that, but it's possible. I made the mistake of gaining more than 50 lbs. in the last year and now I"m working my way out of that place but don't let it get to that point. 10-20 lbs. is a much more manageable goal. Start drinking water and take it one day at a time...even one hour at a time. Then reflect on what went wrong. Were you too hungry? Could you have filled up on more veggies? Could you have chewed gum or had some tea? If you can learn from this experience, yo can actually feel empowered and prevent from happening in the future. The last thing you should do is have resentment toward yourself. We all make mistakes. We are human, after all. Love yourself back on track. The first few days will be the hardest...if you can get through the first week, you'll feel a whole lot better very quickly. Han in there SaraBobera. I KNOW you can do it!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #3  
Susan

S/C/G: 200/170/130

Height: 5' 5"

I agree with luckymommy. It's unlikely you've gained 20 lbs of fat. In addition, I'd find it unusual for someone to go from 119 (per your ticker) to 139 (20 lbs heavier) and not have people notice if the 20 lbs were all or mostly fat gain. So, I too suspect a lot of the 20 lbs is water weight, which should be relatively easy to drop if you get back on plan. But you do have to pull up your socks and get back on plan, hard though it may be. And there's no point waiting until next week or next month...since by then, your climb will be higher. I wish you the best of luck.
Tuscany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:50 PM   #4  

Hi Ladies ,

thank you very much , I have never had this problem until this month . It's been binge after binge for the past few days and no I haven't ever felt hungry but I've been eating just because I felt like it , like I was craving something so rather than eating something healthier I ate what I wanted and then I ended up eating more of it and then eating other stuff on top of that to the point where I ate til I was bloated each time . I feel like I'm becoming very self aware because of the bad eating and just noticing small details , like the puffy face . I was 115 four weeks ago until I started to overeat junk then I went to 122, back down to 120 and now I am apparently 127 . 6 lbs according to the scale at my doctors office . I ate a lot again today but it was my dad's birthday and I made the choice to enjoy myself , however, the rest of this month until August and longer if I can I plan on not doing "Treat Days" at all .
SaraBobera is offline   Reply With Quote