3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   How Long Does It Take For Weight Loss To Be Noticeable? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/282880-how-long-does-take-weight-loss-noticeable.html)

Selina Kyle 06-03-2013 08:33 AM

How Long Does It Take For Weight Loss To Be Noticeable?

I've got a lot of weight to lose, but I'm not sure how long it will take for my weight loss to be noticeable. I'm 5'2" (barely!) and I have between 90 and 100lbs to lose.

How long does it take, on average, for weight loss to be noticeable? Especially for those of us who are on the vertically challenged side? :D

Also, for those of us who are shorter, how long did it take you to drop clothing size(s)?

MegaMegan2012 06-03-2013 10:53 AM

For me it took about 30lbs but I am 5'11"...so I don't know, for you, less than that I guess. :)

devadiva 06-03-2013 03:38 PM

I felt it and saw it in 10 lbs no one said anything till after 25. And now I can tell they think I am too thin. BUT it is because they were use to seeing me heavier.

BettyBooty 06-06-2013 07:10 AM

It also depends on your build and how your fat falls on your body. I have a muscular frame and tend to gain all over, so when I lose, it takes about 20 or so before anyone notices anything.

amandie 06-06-2013 07:15 AM

It took about 20lbs for me to drop a size and for anyone to notice. Took about 2 months IIRC.

Underwater 06-06-2013 03:48 PM

I started at 265 and it took until at least 230 to be noticeable. People really started complimenting me at around 200 because it was undeniable at that point.

dpacer28 06-30-2013 06:14 PM

Good question

I read somewhere that it takes 4 weeks for you to notice a loss, 8 weeks for the people who are always around you and 12 weeks for the rest of the world...or something like that. They didn't say how much weight you needed to lose for this table but I usually don't hear anyone say anything until it has been at least a 20 pound loss. Most of the time it takes my clothes getting loose for me to realize I am really losing regardless of the numbers on the scale because when I look in the mirror it doesn't look much different to me.

Annik 06-30-2013 06:36 PM

30 lbs on my 5'7" frame is when people started to notice

jazbcure 07-01-2013 12:13 PM

I lost 40 lbs very slowly (1.5 years) so I don't really feel a difference but when I look back at old pictures I can definitely tell.
The people that see me all the time haven't really noticed, probably because it was so gradual.
I am almost down one pants size. Most of my weight is in my butt and thighs so it takes a long time to go down sizes for me.

JoJoP 07-01-2013 03:53 PM

10 lbs, from 150 to 140

But I also gained some muscle definition, so that helped people notice too

Jenna08 07-02-2013 10:16 AM

Really depends on your body fat distribution. some people lose fat on their face first, while others lose fat on their legs, chest or belly. But dont worry if you are doing the right stuff you are losing weight!

Changergirl 07-03-2013 11:50 PM

I started at 211 and it took me until I hit 185 so about 25 pounds for me to really notice that my clothes were getting looser and my body was looking smaller.

Charlene G Wavey 11-18-2018 12:43 PM

Hello, I’m going 5’7” tall. It took me about 6 weeks to see results, noticeable weight loss. I had a trainer, was put on a strict low carb diet, ate small meals every 2.5-3 hours. I worked out everyday for 1 hour, combining cardio & weight lifting. I lost about 22lbs altogether. My heaviest was 253 & went down to 231 by the time I was done my 6 week training with a trainer. The first few pounds I lost on my own prior to the training. The rest is on my own....IT WAS HARD!!! I couldn’t walk normally the first time I did leg work out! Haha

thedietman 01-23-2019 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selina Kyle (Post 4761205)
I've got a lot of weight to lose, but I'm not sure how long it will take for my weight loss to be noticeable. I'm 5'2" (barely!) and I have between 90 and 100lbs to lose.

How long does it take, on average, for weight loss to be noticeable? Especially for those of us who are on the vertically challenged side? :D

Also, for those of us who are shorter, how long did it take you to drop clothing size(s)?

Hey its great you're looking to lose weight! The time all depends on your diet and exercise levels. For the quickest results I would read this article on daniels.fitness.blog (just paste it in the URL) about burning unwanted fat in just 14 days. Hope this helps.

The Fitter Fox 03-28-2019 06:44 PM

I've found that people have started commenting on my weight loss after about 4 weeks which for me was a bout a stone lost.