losing weight by eating much less?

• Ok so im a male, 5ft10, 25yrs old, and i weight 28stone.

Its to the point i cover myself up all day with jackets even when boiling hot, and am genwrally ashamed and embarresed of myself, ive tried so many diets and they just dont seem to work out as i plan. This has to change.

Im going to try eating 1000/1500 calories a day, will this work? Is it too much/little? Are there sny foods i must avoid or must eat? I really do need help, this is no way to live :-(
  • 28 stone is 392lbs, correct? I recommend you start here:
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/

To get to 392lbs, it means that you've had some long-term habits form that got you there, correct? I would recommend trying to start forming a new habit. You don't need to go down to 1000 calories, crash dieting does not work for most people in the long term (to give you an idea, I can lose at 1800 and I'm 127lbs).

So, what are the habits that you can change starting today?
  • I agree that eating less will cause you to lose weight but I think 1000 calories a day is way too low that will not give you the nutrition you need.
    The simple plan for losing weight is to eat less , move more,1800 calories a day might be a good place to start.
    If you don't have a diet plan in place, counting calories is a good start, but there are many diet plans out there. You need to choose something you will follow.
    Good luck.