General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 180/177/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolr3639 View Post
Does anyone know where to get a book not a download of how to have your cake and skinny jeans too ? I don't have a kindle.
I've been looking too, since I'd like to order a copy for my library (since library acquisitions falls under my jurisdiction here). I'm going to send a note to the author asking if she is planning to make any accommodations for library editions and the non-kindled.

Meanwhile, Amazon has a version of their Kindle app for desktop computers. It's called "Kindle for PC" (and I think there is also a MAC version). You just download the reader to your computer, then you can read Kindle books on screen. Not as convenient as a book you can hold in your hands, but better than nothing.

You can also check your local public library. A lot of libraries are lending ebooks now through free downloads using a service called Overdrive. You install the Overdrive reader on your computer and then you you can "check out" books to read electronically. If you want, tell me which library you use and I'll see what I can find out.
bookwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:03 AM   #197  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

I had my lipo B12 injection yesterday and this is my second one, the energy level is amazing!! I dropped another 1/2 lb. Still eating the IE way and doing great I'm loving it!
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:31 PM   #198  

bookwoman, It worked!
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:34 AM   #199  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spryng View Post
That is awesome iixi!!! Its still hard for me sometimes to know when I'm satisfied as well, especially when it takes our bodies 20 min to register full when we are eating so I try to take a few bites less to see how everything feels when it hits bottom and if I'm still hungry I know I can have a snack etc later but that is still a learning process for me too

You definitely got to find the plan that works for you, I hope you have continued success with counting calories and the nice thing is once you hit goal you will know how to maintain with ease with the IE way of eating so you wont have to count calories for life

Well, we decided we are gonna head out of town and start our vacation tonight, around 3pm or so, we will have 3 days of LONG driving just to get to california but the kids love long road trips so they are all super excited I went ahead and weighed in a day early, I'm down .6 lbs this week, I'm thrilled with that. I'm a very slow loser on any plan, even low carb etc and I'm getting so close to goal that I lose even slower so if I maintain or lose just a few ounces each week, I'm just thrilled lol So I'm 127.4 now.. and just a little background on me. Right now I'm in new territory. When I got married I was 102 lbs then between the lifestyle change/birth control etc I shot up to 140 within 6 months! so I blew right past the 110's and 120's etc, then of course babies came and I just went up and up and up and have been battling my weight ever since. The lowest I ever got before was 135 as for some reason that was my set point for years, so getting under 135 was a huge success, well now being in the 120's is weird to me lol I'm in sizes I can't even remember ever wearing and I'm feeling better than ever but as I lose I just don't know what to expect with my bodies and the changes because I was never here long enough to remember this phase. So its all exciting and scary to me at the same time
I will be taking my ipad with me on vacation so I'll still be checking in daily, so don't think I'll be MIA I may not be on as much but I'll be on at least once a day.
spyrng: Oh wow California, that's awesome! Have a great time, and congrats on your .6lb loss, you are doing great!!!
Old 07-18-2013, 09:39 AM   #200  
Sherry, Senior Member

Hello everyone, i'm just checking in to let you know that i'm doing great so far on the IE way. Listen to this, last night when I got hungry I asked myself what sounded good! It was pizza and breadsticks, i'm thinking wow I wouldn't have allowed this if I was dieting , so I fixed us pizza and breadsticks, normally I would eat two slices and eat two breadsticks BUT I only felt like eating one slice of pizza and one breadstick and after that I was satisfied WOW! Before I would never had stopped at one slice and one breadstick, this is amazing and I even indulged in a small bowl of ice cream with choc syrup (normally I would have a big bowl) but one scoop was enough!!! I'm so excited!!! And to top it off this morning my jeans felt a little loose so I peaked and I've dropped another 1/2" off my waist!! YAHOO!!! Waist is now 32" last year it was 35 I'm off work fri/Monday, we are going down to my sister big boat for the weekend!!! It's going to be a hot one so everyone stay cool!!
Old 07-18-2013, 09:44 AM   #201  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
Hello everyone, i'm just checking in to let you know that i'm doing great so far on the IE way. Listen to this, last night when I got hungry I asked myself what sounded good! It was pizza and breadsticks, i'm thinking wow I wouldn't have allowed this if I was dieting , so I fixed us pizza and breadsticks, normally I would eat two slices and eat two breadsticks BUT I only felt like eating one slice of pizza and one breadstick and after that I was satisfied WOW! Before I would never had stopped at one slice and one breadstick, this is amazing and I even indulged in a small bowl of ice cream with choc syrup (normally I would have a big bowl) but one scoop was enough!!! I'm so excited!!! And to top it off this morning my jeans felt a little loose so I peaked and I've dropped another 1/2" off my waist!! YAHOO!!! Waist is now 32" last year it was 35 I'm off work fri/Monday, we are going down to my sister big boat for the weekend!!! It's going to be a hot one so everyone stay cool!!
FYI I've lost a total of 2.8lbs within the last 7 days!!
Old 07-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #202  

Smile Hello!

Hi everyone,
I am brand new here and have been researching intuitive eating .
It brought me here and for the past weeks I have been reading all the past threads. I have struggled with my weight all my life I'm only 27. I have lost weight many times , even worked at a weight loss Center as a counsellor! I have put all my weight back on and am now at probably my heaviest. I've been avoiding the scale so I'm not sure.

For the past month I've stopped dieting. I for sure have gained weight. I'm trying to only eat when I'm hungry but find I'm not physically hungry very often! So I'm eating more for pleasure now. I really want to lose weight I'm uncomfortable , none of my clothes fit, but I'm not going back to dieting, although it's very tempting especially when I just saw a picture of myself . But today I'm going to honor my hunger and take this slow. Thanks for reading , looking forward to 'meeting' you all!

Janelle
Livepeacefood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:54 PM   #203  

The book, How to have your cake and skinny jeans too ? is very interesting. I don't like how she talks about a 2nd book. After reading a lot of IE books, I think most people just figure out what works for them.

Last edited by carolr3639; 07-20-2013 at 12:55 PM.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:59 PM   #204  

Also , this morning I waited until I was hungry and had a cinnamon bun. I was still hungry half hour later and had meatballs that were greasy , but I was craving them. I feel good now and not full , just satisfied . But the guilt feelings are so strong. I know I'm still in the experimenting stage , testing myself to see if I am truly free of the diet mentality and if i will really allow myself to legalize all foods . This is going to be a long journey .
Livepeacefood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
You are doing amazing! Keep up the great work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livepeacefood View Post
Hi everyone,
I am brand new here and have been researching intuitive eating .
It brought me here and for the past weeks I have been reading all the past threads. I have struggled with my weight all my life I'm only 27. I have lost weight many times , even worked at a weight loss Center as a counsellor! I have put all my weight back on and am now at probably my heaviest. I've been avoiding the scale so I'm not sure.

For the past month I've stopped dieting. I for sure have gained weight. I'm trying to only eat when I'm hungry but find I'm not physically hungry very often! So I'm eating more for pleasure now. I really want to lose weight I'm uncomfortable , none of my clothes fit, but I'm not going back to dieting, although it's very tempting especially when I just saw a picture of myself . But today I'm going to honor my hunger and take this slow. Thanks for reading , looking forward to 'meeting' you all!

Janelle
Welcome Janelle! Just remember in the beginning of IE it's a learning process for sure, just keep at it and it will work!

So I'm on vacation right now and I know I've lost weight, the heat is suppressing my appetite for sure and then when I'm with family there isn't much gluten free options for me so I haven't been eating much, no complaints here so yesterday was the family reunion which was fun and today we are taking the kids to a huge water park, should be fun too we will just pack some lunch. Hope to be back on soon!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:43 PM   #206  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Just a quick check in to say I'm still here. In fact, I hope to be here more often as our really busy summer is slowly settling down and should get settled back down to normal in a few weeks when DGS moves back to the college dorm. Then maybe things will be back to normal. Experiencing simi-normal right now while he is in FL visiting his parents, siblings and family there. Although I miss him, I am thankful for the break and the time to get my eating under control again.

Eating has been crazy and I've gained some, but getting back to IE principles will help bring things back down. I just wrote on the Simple Diet thread that I tried (fell back in diet thinking mode) eating the Dr. Anderson's Simple Diet plan yesterday. It was just way to much stuff for me to eat with food and shakes. I was miserable last night. I just can't "follow" a diet plan any more. Just not use to eating and drinking on a schedule.

I did like the idea of keeping it simple though and I will implement that idea into my IE. The idea of eating healthy tv dinners appeals to me because I only have to cook one meal each day for DH and me which is our main meal around 2 or 3 in the afternoon. I like to eat only fruit and a cup or two of coffee in the mornings because I don't usually want breakfast. However, I do like something in the evening but don't want to cook for me since DH grazes. I have some favorite meals that the frozen tv dinners by Weight Watchers, Lean Cuisine and Michelina make that DH would never eat even if I did make them homemade. I can make one of those and add some veggies and it makes a wonderful evening meal for me in just minutes. However, with IE, if I do want to take time to make something else which I do once in a while then I'm free to do that as well. I think it is all about doing IE the way it works for me. After all, we are individuals with individual preferences.

I see a lot of Newbies since I was here last. I look forward to reading to catch up and get to know y'all.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:32 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Why is it you are more exhausted on vacation than home? Lol we've been running non stop but today we finally got a WHOLE day at the cottage, so I was able to just relax finally. Still reading How to have your cake and skinny jeans too, swam a couple times already, napped ( oh the nap was heaven! ) and eating has been great. All my family was gorging themselves at the reunion, then the next day all I heard about was how terrible they felt, how they are now gonna do this diet or that plan....it was sooooo nice for once to not worry about feeling guilty after a special occasion where we'd normally gorge and gain just because it was a special occasion and all that food was there and everyone else was doing it too. I have no scale here but from how my clothes are fitting I think I've definitely lost a few lbs, can't wait to find out in about 11 more days or so.
Well I better get back to relaxing, I'll check in soon!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #208  
Sherry, Senior Member

LOL, everytime we come home from vacation i'm exhausted! But its nice to get away! Glad to hear you are having a great time and doing so well. I'm still doing great, eating the IE way!!! Slowly losing lbs but i'm glad it's slow because it's easier to keep off.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:13 PM   #209  
300+ Chick

Hello fellow IE ers!

I used to post on this thread on and off and as of today, am saying farewell on dieting world...even the scale as well...and focus more on IE and a better lifestyle change for me.

I hope on chiming on here and hopefully become a good cheer pal on here .I read most of the posts and decided to make a small bio on me and getting to know everyone here.

I want to focus on this so much...and want to learn and loose inches than Lbs..which I need to talk about my medical doctor about this and not weighing in at all when I visit her for check ups. Her weight loss advice to me always is diet pills and surgery, and always refusing her ideas. I know I can do this on my own without dieting per say, which dieting makes me confused and so overwhelming on plans..I just had enough!!

IE method is a natural way on life on managing food choices. Today my food choices was not healthy, but will still pratice on this. I am not perfect..and knowing eating when truly hungry..

Keep the IE going foks...will do my best on checking in here daily and often. I am home all day and offer moral support on this method.

Have a good one..
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:21 PM   #210  
Sherry, Senior Member

Welcome Liliann, I'm new to the IE way of eating also and it has taken me about a month or little longer to finally grasp the IE way. I read the Intuitive Eating book but what really help me understand this way of eating was the book Have Your Cake and skinny Jeans too, it's amazing and really explains it better. keep coming back as we are here for support. The key is listening to your body, eat when it's hungry for fuel and stop when you are satisfied and not miserable. It's amazing how well it works and how at peace with yourself and food you become.