General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2003, 09:29 AM   #31  

Jello - listen while we whisper the magic words...

~~~ n o m o r e p e r i o d c r a m p s ~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~ e v e r ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hang in there, sweetie!

Ya know, I think you're taking the right approach with curves, keep doing the exercise part until it becomes a habit - THEN go look up that book. I'm glad you're having so much fun with it - I think that's what we need is lots of positive feedback from doing the right thing until we get reprogrammed to love it.

Huntress - I see you lashing that tail around! How are things, girlie?

~Cafe, on a morning that looks like rain but everyone says isn't going to rain... and she sure hopes they're right because 5/6 of her workgroup is supposed to go golf this afternoon meaning peace and quiet here at the office...
Old 06-10-2003, 10:17 AM   #32  

Hello, just a quick stop to say I'm still druding along.

Tig, How's your hubby? Hope he is felling back to normal by now. BTW, what ever happened with the email theft? Did they find out who did it or do anything about it?

Jello, dreading it, is probably a whole lot worst than having it done. You'll be up an at 'em in no time. You're young and healthy, taking vitamin C, so you'll bounce back quickly.

Cafe, sending sunshine your way. When you're finished send it back. We are suposed to have rain everyday for the rest of the week. Then again I might be able to get caught up if it did...........

I've heard NOTHING from the interview. I do know that they have not hired anyone as of yesterday. Still flip flopping back and forth. I do know that this spring, by far, has been the worst in several years. I'm tired and don't know if I can do this many more years........... Damn, I'm getting old, social security is looking better all the time!

No more time, so everyone else I'm thinking about ya.

Love you guys!
Old 06-10-2003, 11:05 AM   #33  

Hello Everyone!
DH is home from the hospital. Doc told him not to go back to work until next Monday. But, he says he's going in Thursday. We'll see.

Semo, that was Tiff's email that was stolen. We had an ICQ number snatched one time. Oooh Tiiiffffianyyyy?!

Not feeling real "talky". Need to clean, organize and get my head screwed on straight.

Old 06-10-2003, 12:20 PM   #34  

Hi Jello!

I am new here but i read your post about having a hysterectomy next month. I am 32 and I had a hysterectomy in November. For me it was the best thing I ever did-I had severe endometriosis and pain every day of the month. I am pain free now and loving every minute of it! I had a total hysteresctomy(leaving the ovaries) . I wasn't able to have a lap, I had to have the abdominal cut. If you have had cancer they will take your ovaries, because it feeds on estrogen. Hope all goes well. Feel free to pm me if you want more info or to chat.
Old 06-10-2003, 12:33 PM   #35  
Long Lost Chickie

Well, girls, I'm back from the doctor. I am NOT a happy camper. Surgery has been rescheduled to July 29. Scheduling problems, etc. I wanted to have it over and done with sooner but I guess I'll have to accept it. Grumble. And I was soooo looking forward to having surgery!

Thanks again girls for all your support!

Hey Sassysus! Welcome! Thank you to you too for the info! I've been hearing from lots of women who say the same thing - how it was the best thing they ever did, etc. Yeah, I'm having the abdominal too because of past ovarian cancer. Only have one ovary left so they might as well take that too.

Sorry, bad "surgery humor". I'm tryin'.

Tiger, glad DH is home again. Now you TELL him to take it easy. Hide his keys if necessary!

Semo, I know you're right. Just thinking about it is probably worse than the actual thing. That's the reason I'm most upset about this delay. Seems the doc. has to do it at a certain hospital because of my stupid insurance and they have certain schedules to maintain, etc. Stupid insurance companies. One of the best things the nurse told me during all the forms and paperwork this morning was that SHE was going to take care of contacting the insurance company and deal with all THEIR forms and paperwork. Whew!

Cafe, ~nomoreperiodcramps~ ~goodbyeauntflo~ ~passbytheaisleofthestorewiththe"littlebluebox"ini t~

Hey, it's tough to type without putting in spaces! And speaking of typing, I've got to dive into this pile of it. I was gone 2 hours, seems like 2 days....
Old 06-10-2003, 12:59 PM   #36  
DNW

Angry Hi Sweeties!!!

Jello: I am glad you are getting used to the idea of the surgery, and it looks like from posts of others you'll be fine in no time...still no one likes this type of thing so I can appreciate your apprehension...and then of course there is the delay until July 29th....and I so agree about the insurance companies...may they all rot in ****...I spend more time on the phone straightening out their idiocy.

Cafe: Your mini-goal sounds very workable and I hear you on having everyone in the office go bye-bye...I love it when they are not here...then I have time to write to my girls on 3FC!

Huntress: Good for you staying on program over the weekend. I am proud of you! I am getting more rigorous with my food plan because my knees have now officially started to bother me....well that means I am offically OLD and FAT!! Also I need to exercise as the aches and the pains are coming back mucho grande.

Semo: I just have an icky feeling about that job; call it my intuition. But I know you will do what you have to do. Also I ordered the Leslie Sansome 3 pack of Walk A Way the Pounds as I keep using the excuse of no sun and all rain, not to walk. Well once I get the tapes, unless the roof falls in, it should stay dry in my living room. Guess you'll be seeing me at the Exercise Challenge thread soon...'cause I feel old and decrepit from not exercising.

Tiger: Glad to hear DH is better....but if the doctor says next back to work next Monday...maybe you better lock DH in the bedroom...those boys don't know what's good for them...I go through this with Deadnurse all the time...and then he gets sick again!!

Quilter: Where are you?

Bright: Ditto?

As for me I am getting my rear in gear, feeling good emotionally (thank you little Prozac pills!!), and motivated. It's amazing what a little more serotonin in this menopausal brain can accomplish. So glad I didn't let myself suffer endlessly with this...thinking it would go away. Going to try small min-goals like Cafe and see what happens. Today I am just going to try to stay on program...one meal at a time.

Sassysus: Welcome and please come back!! We love new people on this thread and everyone is so nice here...present company included

Smoochies!!

Last edited by DNW; 06-10-2003 at 01:04 PM.
Old 06-11-2003, 11:54 AM   #37  
Long Lost Chickie

Just popping in! Really busy here at work but it looks like so is everyone one else.

Stopped at Barnes and Noble last night and picked up the Curves book. Just had a chance to leaf through it so far but I like the way it starts with talking about how we never MAKE the time to exercise or plan meals, etc. So true. We've got to start thinking about US. Hey, I like this idea.

Anyway, I'm jumping back into this pile of paperwork so I'll sign off for now. Talk to you all later!

Old 06-11-2003, 12:28 PM   #38  

Hump Day!!!

Hi, girls.

Sassy - Thanks for dropping in! We're a friendly bunch, so hang out if you're so inclined!! We could always use some fresh ideas.

Well listen to this - I have done a strange thing. 2 nights in a row DH and I have sat down, at the table, with no appliances on, to eat dinner together. Bizarro! Why is this such a strange phenomenon? It was so... oddly comforting! Guess what - this was not any harder than wolfing down whatever was *finally* ready over on the couch in front of the TV! But seriously, it was such a good, peaceful, family-like feeling! Who knew?

Made me stop to think about eating for a minute. Is structured eating more satisfying? Hmmm.

SEMO- Maybe it's time to give them a courtesy call to thank them for the interview and see if there's any additional info they might need from you? Hang in there! I'll try sending you some rain!

Tiger- How's the full house? Nah, you're probably having a blast with all your boys!

Jello- Insurance, paperwork, delays, ARGH! Still, more time to get the house ready so you can relax while you're home w/o seeing work all around? {{hugs}}

DNW- Glad to hear you're feeling so much better and rarin' to go now. I like youre WATP plan - no excuses!

Gotta run - Cafe
Old 06-12-2003, 08:47 AM   #39  

Hey!
Is it Friday yet? My days are all mixed up with DH being home. He went to work today, but hope he doesn't stay all day. Although, good to have him out of the house for a few hours so I can vacuum and fluff his pillows.

My self-care has fallen way off track and my diet journal is lost under a pile of bills.
*waiting for the last straw to break the camels back*
Old 06-12-2003, 10:24 AM   #40  
Long Lost Chickie

Well, for me, it is Friday. I took off tomorrow, just 'cuz. I've been looking too long at those very pink walls in that room I painted. Got some ideas about toning it down with some sponging and glaze techniques so that's my project for tomorrow. Then I get to finally put all the furniture back in place.... and maybe buy a few things....

Last night, I had these pre-formed turkey burgers cooked on the grill. Didn't have buns so we just used light bread. Some ketchup and pickles. Boy were they good! Unfortunately, I didn't get the nutritional info from the label before I repacked them and put them in the freezer and I can't remember where I bought them. Hope they were good for me.

After Curves last night, I walked home as usual. One house I walked past had some kids sitting out in the front yard, just hanging around. After I passed the house, I heard stones and pebbles hitting the ground and the parked car near me. They were throwing stones at me!!! I was so mad and was going to call the police when I got home. One of the neighbors was out and he told me that they're a bunch of juvenile delinquents and the police never do anything about them!!! Little !!! Guess I won't be walking home that way again! It was strange because it's a good neighborhood and there were lots of other people out and kids playing, etc. Just that one house apparently. What a shame.

Tiger, shake all that straw out when you shake out DH's pillows! Hurry, while the camel's still standing! Take a deep breath and pull your journal out from under the bills. Do it for you. Just 5 minutes - just for you.

Yeah, easy for me to say, right? I'm not even sure where my journal and great meal menu planning I was going to do this month may have gone!

Cafe, now tell me again about this eating at a real table with real plates and silverware and real conversation.... ????? Sounds very interesting. What a concept! Maybe I'll dig my dining room table out from under all that "stuff" too!

Back to work now. Boss's last day before his 1 week vacation and then his 1 week trip to Germany. He's a madman.
Old 06-12-2003, 10:26 AM   #41  

Good Morning My 3FC Friends....... Yes, I'm in a good mood and really don't know why. We got 4.5 inches of rain within 24 hours and our little baby soybeans are drowning. DNW send some of your happy pills.... I'm finally getting caught up little by little.

Still hovering at 169, got to start watching more of what I'm eating.

Tig, You have had a heck of few months, I hope it's all good sailing from here.

Cafe, I'm not calling on the job, I know this sounds wierd but I really don't know if I would switch anyway, so I'm just leaving it in the Lord's hands. I did have a talk with my friend about the "incident in the lobby" and he assures me that this is very much out of their "normal" behavior. BTW send back the sunshine! LOL

Jello, still have that white tornado going? Nervous engery!

DNW, I've been really bad on the exercising...... don't know what happened but I've got to get started back. It was sort of. Okay, I'm done with challenge so I can stop now, feeling. UGH

Huntress, are you getting lonely with an empty house yet? It's nice for a few days but then I'm ready for the noise.

Hello to Bright, Tif, Dyam and anyone that I've forgotten.
Old 06-12-2003, 01:16 PM   #42  

Hey chickas!~

Tig - I'm with Jello - don't wait for the back to be broken - send that straw FLYING out of your house!

Jello - I had some turkey burgers the other night too - light buns & all. Turkey is like beef - it comes in various grades of leanness. I noticed that our grocery store had a tremendous special on packaged ground turkey that was only 85% lean - right after the mad cow was found in Canada. I usually buy the 97% lean, but I couldn't resist 4 pounds for $5. Thus the grill, to cook out the fat. And lemme tell you, you wouldn't believe the goo that came out.

Don't let those punks kill your joy - just walk on the other side. It's not personal, there's always a few bad apples who want everyone to be as miserable as them. Zero that negative feedback, especially when you're doing something that deserves a reward!

SEMO - you make total sense to me! Big decisions, I always pray over them too. Sometimes there's a door #3 that you didn't know was going to pop up. Cloudy here - sunshine headed your way I hope.

So yeah, actual dishes, actual table. weird, huh? I've been leaving the placemats, napkins, salt & pepper on the table - so once it hits the plate - it actually takes a moment of self discipline not to plop in front of the TV but - once we're seated, it's quite nice! And practically zero effort. It's like a date - only not! I ask again: who knew???

Sigh - well I've been typing this in between tasks all morning, so I'm going to hit the button and see who else posted in the meantime!
Old 06-12-2003, 01:25 PM   #43  

answer: no one.

Hey Tig, I've got a song for you to sing in the shower!

I'm gonna wash that straw right out of my hair,
I'm gonna wash that straw right out of my hair
And send it ON ITS WAY!

OK, that was lame. Plus it makes it sound like you took a roll in the hay!

Has anyone ever actually sang that song in the shower? It's so feminist, it's fun! And I'm not much of a feminist. Makes me smile, tho!
Old 06-12-2003, 04:26 PM   #44  
Long Lost Chickie

Geez, Cafe. We're gonna' leave you alone on this forum more often. Loved your last post. Washing out the hay, rolling in the hay, what the hay!? I like you, you're fun.

Well, I've got less than an hour to go before MY weekend begins. Can't hardly wait. I've got the evening mapped out - have to stop at Home Depot and a couple other places. Then it's home to prepare my li'l pink room for its transformation. Got lots of home improvement plans for the weekend. Yes, Semo, still the white tornado! Hope nothing happens to change all that!

Speaking of things that might change my mood and kill my ambition, I'm getting myself a little PMS here. Aunt Flo's coming up the street and about to knock on my door. Not too many more visits from her, I just keep telling myself.

Well, gotta go. Lots to finish up before I get to wash big bossman outta' my hair!

Giggle giggle giggle....

P.S. No worries Cafe. I'll just walk over one more block before I cross to my street. Little punks. Hope they someday become the garbage men or door-to-door toilet salesmen or dog-food tasters or whatever it is they're destined to become in their lives. So there.
Old 06-12-2003, 05:24 PM   #45  

OMG Jello, Dog food tasters, I'm soooooo tickled by that one. I bet you TOLD 'em all when you were a child, didn't you! Still laughing.
Closed Thread