General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Height: 5'6"

Default The Fast Metabolism Diet - anyone??

Just curious, has anyone read Haylie Pomroy's book, "The Fast Metabolism Diet" ... it's such a good read! I'm following the 28 day plan, and just wondering if there is any chicks out there doing it too?! I'd love to get a discussion going and share some ideas
JennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/195/135

Height: 5' 5"

I'm doing it! Lost 6lbs the first week. This week so far nothing, but it is a lot of food!
cyndyjlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 01:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/268/145

Height: 5'4"

I wonder if anyone else has done this program? I just started today. I have never been this full in my life.
jdkwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 06:36 PM   #4  

Hi Jenny, Can you tell me what's fast metabolism diet is? I am interested in this diet. I've wanted to lose more weight this year and I need some tips and diet plans. I used to do some workouts every day and have a healthy and active lifestyle.
alexhanney08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 07:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Iknow this is an old thread but i'm bumping it up..doing this diet now..it is NOT easy... alot of rules to follow. BUT I know people who are doing really well on it.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 04:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 341/321/250

Height: 5'9"

Zumbachica,
I also just started this diet, still getting the hang of what to eat. I also know someone who lost a lot of weight with this diet.
LeslieWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 06:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hi lesliewendy..i think this diet works but its so hard to follow..I keep having to refer to the book to see what I can eat for each phase...I think once you get the hang of it , it gets easier. Its hard sticking to it, i started its nd feel off the wagon but i'm starting it again tomorrow...My friend did it for 28 days and lost 11 lbs....she did it to the letter including giving up coffee which I don't think i can do...but I will drink less.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 09:30 PM   #8  

I just finished this diet, and I'm super happy with my results! I'm a mother of three, my youngest is just over a year old, and I've been dieting (with no real results) for the last year. I stuck to this diet religiously for the full 28 days and lost a total of 12 pounds and three sizes. Basically, in 28 days I accomplished more than I had in 12 months. I read a review that mentioned how low calorie this diet is, and, while that may be true, you will not go hungry. I ate 5 - 6 times a day and sometimes (especially on phase 2) found myself going to bed early so I didn't have to eat any more - you're supposed to eat if you're still awake 3 hours after dinner. I love carbs so phase 1 was my favorite, that's when you get to eat the most pasta, grains and fruit. I have to admit, by the end, I hated phase 2, which is only veggies and animal protein. Phase 3 was good since that's when you get to use evoo, avocado, and other healthy fats, but the fruit and grains are restricted. I used a ton of organic chicken stock for cooking on phase 1 and 2 and found that I really didn't miss cooking with oil that much. There's a recipe for turkey kale soup that I will continue to make even though I'm done with the program. I'll admit I didn't hit my goal weight loss, but I'm back down to pre-baby size so I'm completely satisfied with my results. This program is great, and I foresee doing a week of it to keep myself on track several times a year. The app that you can get was the linchpin to my success, it tracks your water and food and reminds you when you need to eat and plans shopping lists for you which is great because I can get distracted a lot throughout the day. The best part is, I've already got two of my friends who are going to do this diet because I got such good results!
justicejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 02:31 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 341/321/250

Height: 5'9"

I agree that the app is the best tool to help, otherwise I would be flipping through the book constantly. I have just finished with phase 1 and will see how phase 2 goes, good thing I really like protein.

I also completely gave up coffee and surprisingly have not had a caffeine headache. The last time I gave up coffee I felt horrible for 3 days.

Last edited by LeslieWendy; 02-03-2015 at 02:32 AM.
LeslieWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 12:13 PM   #10  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

I'm happy to see others on this plan, I started last Monday...lost 5 pounds the first 5 days. It's a lot of food to eat, all the water keeps me running to the bathroom all day but then I'm retired so doesn't matter. I too have a mild headache in the morning and I feel sluggish the first couple of hours. Hoping my system adjusts soon.
What is the app you're all talking about? Where do I find it? I was up 5-6 pounds from my usual weight from Thanksgiving and Christmas. Then got the shingles, severe pain and meds for it. The meds had a bad side affect, WEIGHT GAIN! I was up a total of 15 pounds so had to try this diet plan. I'm loving it so far.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 02-07-2015 at 12:19 PM.
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 03:20 PM   #11  
I Ride Like A Girl!

i'm finishing up week 3 and i LOVE it. the first week was really overwhelming but i toughed through it and it for sure gets easier and is better than not eating, guessing what i "should" eat, or eating random almonds, string cheese, etc here and there....

eating fruit/grains and not eating fat was probably the hardest to wrap my head around since i had read every low carb and paleo piece of info that came my way. (i honestly would not be able to tell you the last time i had fruit prior to phase 1/day 1 LOL)
i am for sure more hungry on phase 1 since grains and fruits are digested so quickly. i do phase 2 on my busiest work days and phase 3 on my days off so i can really get creative and enjoy what i am eating.

i weighed myself the day i started just to get a baseline but I view the scale as a completely inaccurate measure of success and haven't weighed since because i want to focus on the process and not some stupid number. the good news is i FEEL differently and i am confident that eating this way has gotten me through some pretty hectic days without having a meltdown LOL

one of the things i like about the book is it tells you WHY you shouldn't have things on the "don't" list....i never knew why we shouldn't have nitrates or artificial sweeteners prior...i thought it was just a food purist thing LOL

i got the cookbook on friday and have already made a few of the recipes and liked them

my favorite thing that i recently discovered (inspired by a fb post) is a chocolate craving CRUSHER! i could drink this thing all day everyday and is acceptable for all phases....bear with me it is going to sound weird and possibly gross....
spinach (or "power blend" from costco - kale, spinach, swiss chard)
ice
cacao
xylitol
blended on smoothie setting....BAM...extra veggies AND chocolate

i will probably weigh on day 29 just for fun (as if getting on the scale is ever fun?!) and try on some "i can't fit in those!" jeans....with crossed fingers.

sorry for the really long post i am just really excited!

p.s. my skin is looking/feeling really good too!

Last edited by hottierockstar; 02-08-2015 at 03:24 PM.
hottierockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:59 PM   #12  
Bobbi

On phase 3 when you can have almond milk, try this recipe for almond ice cream.
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/16 teaspoon salt (must use)
Stevia to taste. They recommended 1 teaspoon Stevia in the raw but I used more.
Freeze this, stirring up every once in awhile. Someone commented on this recipe, said she had to let it thaw out a bit and dip the ice cream scoop in hot water to dish it up. I made some this afternoon, haven't tried it yet.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:21 PM   #13  
Bobbi

I started week 4 2 days ago.(Monday) Have lost 8.6 pounds so far. I have 7 pounds left to lose. I plan on counting calories when my 28 days are up on FMD. The first week is the only hard week, so much to read. I printed out all the phases' food list which helped alot. I have the cookbook but not the actual book. I did not eat everything I was suppose to, just too much food. I cut the meat portions to 3 ounces, especially phase two. 5 meals a day of protein is just too much.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 02-24-2015 at 02:23 PM.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:23 PM   #14  

So here is what you should eat; protein (make sure you eat enough for your weight), fiber, veggies, beans, fruits, and drink plenty of water. Stop worrying about diets, just eat right. The right nutrients helps your system work properly.
alk1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:13 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 226/220/140

Height: 5'5"

I just started it today and am excited from what I read in the book( I checked it out of the library and read it over the weekend).
catcookie is offline   Reply With Quote