Switching frm low carb to low calorie?

• I've been on the low carb diet for around 9 months now, and have lost around 41 pounds. (I'm 14). I have plateaued since November, and I find myself cheating ALOT now. I would like to lose another 30 pounds. (I'm currently 158, I want to be down to 130.) I don't think low carb is a reasonable or healthy way to live. So I was wondering, If anyone had any experience switching over. I don't want to gain any weight, and I'm so worried I will. (I stay under 30/40g of carbohydrate a day. I would be staying around 1,200 calories on the low cal diet). Will I gain any weight? & I'm afraid I won't be able to lose any. Thanks!!
  • You will most likely show a gain on the scale if you are actively eating low carb but some people report not seeing it. Basically, your glycogen stores will be replenished and you may retain some water. If you have been eating higher carb meals already, you shouldn't show a gain. It isn't fat and I wouldn't let it stress you.

Also, since you are 14, have you talked to a nutritionist? Your needs are slightly different than an adults and 1200 calories may not be enough. I'd aim a little higher and increase your activity if you haven't already.