General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:37 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 218/215/150

Height: 5'4"

been back on qwlc plan. started again and determined. lost 3lbs. what is the water flush everyone is talking about
oh1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:44 AM   #182  

what protein supplements are you all using I use one similar to pure protein from sams but idk about the carbs. I thought I compared them. are there suppose to be so many carbs a day right? im not sure what those are suppose to be
Old 07-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #183  

S/C/G: 210/199/145

Just finished day one of the diet didn't do the prep since I did it like a month ago. Trying to remember off the top of my head the plan so far so good down 3lbs this morning. One thing I did remember that I use to like for bf since don't eat much of it was the light bread toasted with sliced strawberries on top and a dash of cinnamon not bad for 70 cals.. Best of luck to all..
raquelr82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:02 AM   #184  

what is the water flush i'm reading?
Old 07-19-2013, 04:00 PM   #185  

its basically you are flushing all the fluids out that you maybe retaining from so much sodium from regular foods from before the 3 day prep you'll feel ur rings loser and less swelling if you were retaining water before. That's also y they tell u to take the water release pills since u have to drink 80+ oz daily. Hope I helped lol...
Old 07-22-2013, 09:45 PM   #186  

Height: 5'9"

Hi all. Have not posted in a while and felt like I needed to touch base for some support and feedback. I hit my prevacation goal and I did gain 1lb while on vacation for 8 days, which I think is great. And over the weekend I lost that pound plus another one.

But the real reason for posting is I had/have gallstones and had to go to the ER the night I got back from vacation. Totally freaked me out with incredible pain. Never had this before. Wondering if anyone else has this problem, especially since rapid weight loss is a trigger. I am not blaming this diet, but curious if this has happened to anyone else?
i will lose weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:49 PM   #187  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinnymc222 View Post
Hey all-took a hiatus from posting thanks to my browser thinking this was a junk site - oye! Been a slow couple of months as I've not been 100% on plan, but still down since my last post - 54 lbs down, only 8 to go to my 1/2 way point - squee!!! Going on vacation in 2 weeks but I will be relatively active so hoping I'll be able to keep things moving south!

SO good to see the positive results everyone has been posting - congrats to you all! Also good to see so many new members!

Keep on keepin' on everyone!
Congrats on your weight loss and I had that issue to with my browser blocking the site
Old 07-22-2013, 09:52 PM   #188  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh1963 View Post
what is the water flush i'm reading?
Its used as a plateau breaker or to flush if you cheated. Its 3 days of increased water intake and 2 of those days removing 1 fruit and 1 starch.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #189  
QWLC Member

S/C/G: 219/166/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Water Flush

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh1963 View Post
been back on qwlc plan. started again and determined. lost 3lbs. what is the water flush everyone is talking about
May not be the right answer - but my counselors had me increase my water intake by 16 oz - 2 cups - to help flush out salt, ..., for a couple of days. Others may do more - but this was my guidance. And when I had a plateau breaker (which is a bit higher in protein without starches) the water was also increased.
ljwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:02 AM   #190  
QWLC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raquelr82 View Post
Just finished day one of the diet didn't do the prep since I did it like a month ago. Trying to remember off the top of my head the plan so far so good down 3lbs this morning. One thing I did remember that I use to like for bf since don't eat much of it was the light bread toasted with sliced strawberries on top and a dash of cinnamon not bad for 70 cals.. Best of luck to all..
If you did the prep that long before actually starting the diet you probably need to prep again. The prep clears out your system (not the right description but you get the idea) so that your metabolism is geared properly. Of course, there are no miracle diets. I think that this one works as well as it does because of consistency!
Old 07-24-2013, 11:14 AM   #191  
QWLC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnmarie0123 View Post
hi all!!
my first post here!!!
i just started this diet 3 days ago and I am already down 5 pounds. WOW. how happy I was to see that ... anyways.....
Started doing a bit of resarch on this diet today and it seems much like the Dukan Diet. I'm a bit concerned however of the process of ketosis, in which your body starts using your body fat for fuel instead of carbs. I've read both good and bad.
Seems like QWLC diet is using this approach.
I am down 4 pounds in 3 days just from eliminating all sugar, fruit exc cantaloupe, and all carbs, ( I cheat and have a plain yukky rice cake once in a while) ....and this seems excessive to me.
? I still feel hungry too during the day, even soon after eating all that rotisserie chicken with skin. They told me I could eat that all day long. I also eat 2 eggs per day loaded with Olive oil. I hate raw veggies except for cucumber & cauliflower and I was told the raw veggies had to be green...SO... i'm not eating many raw green veggies. Mostly protein at this point.
KETOSIS: good or bad??
thank you !!!
Lynnmarie
Although the QWLC diet is a little restrictive and protein heavy, it does include foods from all the food groups, which in my mind makes it more balanced than programs with ketosis as a posted goal. And as I go forward I also see (when I get there) moving toward a maintenance nutritional plan as simpler. Yes, the protein bars/supplements are part of their plan. But there are sources all over the place if you don't want to buy them there - and I'm sure there are some good alternates (greek yogurt for instance) to eventually use instead of bars/drinks.

I don't use the various supplement pills - for the main reason that I just hate to take pills. Although my weight loss hasn't been in the "miracle" range, I'm still please to have lost 52 lbs at a fairly steady pace - with plateaus here and there. Blood pressure down to normal! Not all the way to goal yet but so much better!
Old 07-26-2013, 06:31 PM   #192  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljwc View Post
If you did the prep that long before actually starting the diet you probably need to prep again. The prep clears out your system (not the right description but you get the idea) so that your metabolism is geared properly. Of course, there are no miracle diets. I think that this one works as well as it does because of consistency!
I didn't re due the 3 day prep since it hadn't even been a month since I had retried to start up again. Last yr when I dod the doet it was so easy lost 45lbs in 3m but since then had 5 deaths in the family and so much stress gained almost everything back. I am so determined to lose the weight and keep it off this time just trying to remember things off the top of my head. I lost the guide I had I have been doing it at home never went to the center was way to much for me. But thanks for all ur post they really help out.. But of luck on ur journey..
Old 07-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #193  

Default QWLC Diet Help Please

Hey,

I worked at QWLC in Atlanta and did the diet years ago and lost 85 fast, 40 in the first 5.5 weeks. With no loose skin at all. Well things in life have happened and I'm a fatty again ha ha I moved to St. Augustine from Atlanta last year and now I can't find any of my QWLC diet info. I wanted to know if anyone would be so kind to share it with me please?

I do have many inside secrets to share for much faster and less costly weight loss on QWLC diet.

One_Posh_Dame yahoo
Ginger1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:05 PM   #194  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger1972 View Post
Hey,

I worked at QWLC in Atlanta and did the diet years ago and lost 85 fast, 40 in the first 5.5 weeks. With no loose skin at all. Well things in life have happened and I'm a fatty again ha ha I moved to St. Augustine from Atlanta last year and now I can't find any of my QWLC diet info. I wanted to know if anyone would be so kind to share it with me please?

I do have many inside secrets to share for much faster and less costly weight loss on QWLC diet.

One_Posh_Dame yahoo
I sent u a copy hope u got it.. I would love to hear any info u have to help me lose weight fast I seem to be stuck.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:31 PM   #195  

I would too
sluggo88 is offline   Reply With Quote