3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions

General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Quick Weight Loss Center's Diet (#2)

Old 08-07-2014, 02:36 AM   #271

Reporting in, I almost "caved" but I didn't!! I did my training with a lady and 2 young girls that she was training. I was totally wrong about half the things I thought they had told me last week. They did go over what to eat and not eat. I thought she told me they wouldn't do that until I reached goal. Lol, that didn't make sense to me, but I was so over whelmed. And she didn't tell me that if I bought the 30% that I could choose 6 months worth of one item. I guess I was hoping.

They did the old "switcharoo"?? when I told the counselor I wasn't interested right now. She said she was going to go ask the first lady what she had told me deal wise. I had it written right there. Anyway, lady from last week came in and just so happened to be the mgr.

The session was supposed to last about 30 mins. I left after 1 1/2 hours!! They tried to offer to take off supplements that I hated or the boost, etc. And it would just make about $600 difference. All of a sudden they had a 2 week bundle. I'm still so proud that I walked away w/o spending anymore $$.

It looks like it would help them to just ease up a little bit. To at least give you a week to decide if you want to bundle. I told her I was really picky and I didn't want to just buy stuff that I wouldn't eat. A little side note to the girls that were training, clients can come back and trade something if that just hate it, but don't push it and don't tell anyone that and clear it with her. I read the contract, it says when you walk out that door, it's yours. She might really let me trade but I sure didn't want to find out the hard way.

I will try and go weigh the first 2 weeks and then I think I will be out of one supplement and I'm sure they will try to get me to buy it. It will be interesting how they do their sales pitch when you just come in to weigh. At least I think that's all you do now, but heck I don't know.

Boss lady wondered why I didn't want to spend that money. Duh, maybe I don't have it!! Charge it, was her answer and by buying 6 months of supplements I'd be saving interest charges.

I'm just rambling on and on, sorry. My dh was waiting for me to come out and I told him just go, don't look back,lol.

Joe, I have the food book now if you need to know what it says or do you know all that stuff?

I'm supposed to start "today" but I didn't make it to the store yet so I don't know what they will say to me if I gained over night! Yikes.

Thanks Joe and Sluggo
libra1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 03:51 PM   #272
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by libra1020 View Post
Reporting in, I almost "caved" but I didn't!! I did my training with a lady and 2 young girls that she was training. I was totally wrong about half the things I thought they had told me last week. They did go over what to eat and not eat. I thought she told me they wouldn't do that until I reached goal. Lol, that didn't make sense to me, but I was so over whelmed. And she didn't tell me that if I bought the 30% that I could choose 6 months worth of one item. I guess I was hoping.

They did the old "switcharoo"?? when I told the counselor I wasn't interested right now. She said she was going to go ask the first lady what she had told me deal wise. I had it written right there. Anyway, lady from last week came in and just so happened to be the mgr.

The session was supposed to last about 30 mins. I left after 1 1/2 hours!! They tried to offer to take off supplements that I hated or the boost, etc. And it would just make about $600 difference. All of a sudden they had a 2 week bundle. I'm still so proud that I walked away w/o spending anymore $$.

It looks like it would help them to just ease up a little bit. To at least give you a week to decide if you want to bundle. I told her I was really picky and I didn't want to just buy stuff that I wouldn't eat. A little side note to the girls that were training, clients can come back and trade something if that just hate it, but don't push it and don't tell anyone that and clear it with her. I read the contract, it says when you walk out that door, it's yours. She might really let me trade but I sure didn't want to find out the hard way.

I will try and go weigh the first 2 weeks and then I think I will be out of one supplement and I'm sure they will try to get me to buy it. It will be interesting how they do their sales pitch when you just come in to weigh. At least I think that's all you do now, but heck I don't know.

Boss lady wondered why I didn't want to spend that money. Duh, maybe I don't have it!! Charge it, was her answer and by buying 6 months of supplements I'd be saving interest charges.

I'm just rambling on and on, sorry. My dh was waiting for me to come out and I told him just go, don't look back,lol.

Joe, I have the food book now if you need to know what it says or do you know all that stuff?

I'm supposed to start "today" but I didn't make it to the store yet so I don't know what they will say to me if I gained over night! Yikes.

Thanks Joe and Sluggo
Good going, Libra. Thanks for the offer, but I have a copy of the materials from a friend. (If you look through the past posts in the 1st QWLC thread, I was the source of the materials to many people who were trying to do the diet on their own)

Regarding the last paragraph of your post.... if you wouldn't mind one piece of advice from me, I would humbly suggest that you not worry about what the people at the weight loss center will say or think. I know that many people go to the centers for support and encouragement ... and accountability. I've been there and have done that. I get that mindset completely. But that never worked for me long term. Eventually I got derailed from the plan, and once I was not going to the weight loss center anymore, the motivation and the "accountability" vanished. I would completely fall of the wagon.

It wasn't until this recent weight loss journey I put myself on that I finally realized that I had to be ready to do it, and that the only person that I had to be accountable to was myself. Because while I can walk away from a particular weight loss plan / center, I can't walk away from the person staring back at me in the mirror.

Started out at 405.5 on 7/31/12. Then lost 156 lbs to get down to 249.5 by 7/31/13. In the past year I have put back on over 40 pounds and reached a high of 291.5. But I have recommitted myself and quickly took off ten pounds by 7/31/14. I am now trying to take off the weight I put back on, and then lose the rest of the weight I was originally trying to lose. ---- Starting weight / Low weight / Current Weight / Goal Weight
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 03:55 PM   #273
Joe

P.S. I was at Costco yesterday and they had the "Pure Protein" bars on sale for $14 something for a box of 18. (3 boxes of 6 bars, each box a different flavor). That comes out to about 80 cents a bar. The QWLC bars are more than three times the price. I'd love to see you take one of those bars in with you to the QWLC on an upcoming visit and compare the nutritional value and the price with their bars to see what they say!

Started out at 405.5 on 7/31/12. Then lost 156 lbs to get down to 249.5 by 7/31/13. In the past year I have put back on over 40 pounds and reached a high of 291.5. But I have recommitted myself and quickly took off ten pounds by 7/31/14. I am now trying to take off the weight I put back on, and then lose the rest of the weight I was originally trying to lose. ---- Starting weight / Low weight / Current Weight / Goal Weight

Last edited by joefla70 : 08-07-2014 at 03:56 PM.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:23 AM   #274

Ooh Joe, you're trying to get me in trouble with those women my first week aren't you,lol! Well, I haven't started my diet yet, I need to go to the store first. That's my story and I'm sticking to it

I really do need to go to the store but I was so confused the next day after my lesson that I didn't go to the store. I was still feeling like all they want to do is sell me something and I'm worrying about telling them no each time. I am probably going to cut my loss and do my own thing. I did open one of the snacks and couldn't stand it.

Joe, I'll try to get to Costco and try the bars from there. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:10 PM   #275

Default 600 dollars

Can you just spend the 600 to start and not buy any other thing? I think it is horrible to pressure people with 2 salesmen in a room against 1. Reminds me of high pressure time sales salesmen. Hi Joe.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:45 PM   #276
Joe

Hi Karen.

Libra: Before spending $14 on a box of bars you may not like, you can try one. They sell them at many grocery stores. Publix sells them individually and by the box.

From what I recall, the first three days are simple rules. Raw green veggies and protein (preferably lean). Its after those three days that you have to weigh everything and parcel out portions. It helps to keep a log until you got it down pat. This is also the time you can start using the supplements (bars / shakes). 1 bar a day I believe. I used to drink a shake in the morning and the bar at night for dessert.

Last edited by joefla70 : 08-10-2014 at 12:51 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:18 PM   #277
Reclaiming my inner waif.

S/C/G: 142/134.2/128

Height: 5'4"

I am new here and wanted to introduce myself. My husband has gained 50 pounds in the 15 years we have been married, but the most weight gain has been the last 5 years. He finally decided to do something about it and chose QWLC in the Houston area. He didn't tell me he was going to do it and bought a bunch of supplements and boost drinks. Now there is no turning back. I have probably gained 25 pounds since we got married, but it is really the last 15 that really bother me.

Long story short, I am trying to be as supportive as I can, but since I am not attending the meetings, I am trying to read everything I can about the diet from Internet sources (I do research for a living so it is my nature to analyze and find information on everything to the point of obsession!) I am going on the diet with him and I want us to both be successful.

Right now we are on Day 2 of the fast start. All I have is the one page informational sheet and I wasn't even sure what a green vegetable is --- if it could be cooked or raw. I have to cook evening meals so I want to be informed. I don't really like this whole revealing of the diet as you go component of the system. It drives me bonkers, because I want to plan meals ahead and get the groceries. My husband does not cook and is food illiterate. He thought the purple stuff in a salad mix was onion. I had to tell him that is something called radicchio, bless his heart!

My starting weight is 142. My goal is 128. I have also started C25K(a gradual jogging program intended to get you to run a 5K as the final goal), which I have done a couple of times, and I love. Thanks for listening. I am learning a ton here!

Last edited by Reclaiming_Waif : 08-12-2014 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Making it more succint!
Reclaiming_Waif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:16 PM   #278

Default Shakes

You can use premier protein shakes with 30g of protein instead of the qwlc shakes. The newspaper has 4.00 off coupons so you can get them for almost 1.00 a piece. I have been on the diet twice in the last 11 years.
Heather_corpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 11:31 AM   #279

S/C/G: 208/194/145

Height: 5'6"

Smile 12 days down 14 pounds with QWLC.

I started Quick Weight Loss Center August 26, 2014, and am down 14 pounds in 12 days. This is working but I need all the help I can get in knowing and understanding what I am and am not supposed to do. While the Center is great they only give you information on a need to know basis, which is torture for me. I want to know what is around the corner. I have the book they give you and I am on Plan 2. But someone here mentioned of a water flush and a plateau breaker. I'm a firm believer forewarned is forearmed.
NavyMom2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 07:36 PM   #280

S/C/G: 210/199/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMom2013 View Post
I started Quick Weight Loss Center August 26, 2014, and am down 14 pounds in 12 days. This is working but I need all the help I can get in knowing and understanding what I am and am not supposed to do. While the Center is great they only give you information on a need to know basis, which is torture for me. I want to know what is around the corner. I have the book they give you and I am on Plan 2. But someone here mentioned of a water flush and a plateau breaker. I'm a firm believer forewarned is forearmed.
Hi Navy mom I have some breakers if need email me at raquelr82 @ yahoo . com
raquelr82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 12:44 AM   #281

I started qwlc today on my own. I am at 211. I hate the full but hungry feeling. I can't wait until my prep phase is done.
Heather_corpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 09:16 PM   #282

S/C/G: 204/194/105

Hi everyone!!! I am new to this site and I am so glad I found it. I started the S4L diet a week ago tomorrow. I worked for the company for a few years and am extremely glad I kept most of the information I had concerning the diet, since now I am in extreme need of losing weight.

Good luck to everyone on this journey
hawksmom22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 07:29 AM   #283

Well, I signed up 7/31 and haven't done a thing, but ignore their phone calls. I do need to get permission from my doctor to do it but don't think I will. I just can't stand the pressure to buy something when I walk in.

Do the pills you get at the beginning give you any sudden burst of energy and curb your appetite? I really need something that will get me off the couch and moving. I am a couch potato big time.

I thought about doing the first couple of weeks if the pills will get me up. If they don't work that way, I thought I might try selling them on Craigslist.

The doctor gave me something but they don't work at all.

I did join Nutri System (again) and am on day 3. Omg, the food is horrible so far! It wasn't so bad the first time but they just have a few of the old items. And the things that I have tried so far, I got several of them, so this month's a bust on getting anything that taste good. Anyone else tried NS?

Anyway, if anyone can tell me about the supplements, I'd appreciate it.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.