3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   Switching from Atkins to Weight watchers? Yes or no? carbs per day? HELP PLEASE!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/278029-switching-atkins-weight-watchers-yes-no-carbs-per-day-help-please.html)

cosmokindra 03-19-2013 11:12 PM

Switching from Atkins to Weight watchers? Yes or no? carbs per day? HELP PLEASE!!

I've been on Atkins for 8 days today, and so far I've lost about 10 pounds :carrot: 10 pounds in a week is making me really smile! BUT it's starting to get really hard.. I'm not nearly as hungry as I was when I started so my stomach must have shrunk some :carrot: but I'm not even looking forward to eating because all the meat and plain veggies is starting to get gross to me already.. BLAH! Plus I'm a little worried about all the cholesterol I'm taking it. So I'm thinking about switching to weight watchers.. or something else? I would like to have some fruit, and if I could have some green smoothies I think it would be much easier to get in my fruits and veggies which I can't have fruits with Atkins. But I'm so scared to switch to something else.. nothing else has ever worked this good or fast for me. EVER!! And I'm really scared to screw it up.. :?: The main reason I wanted to do Atkins was to detox from carbs (I really believe I was addicted) and now that I have gone 8 days without cheating once I know I don't need them.. So I'm thinking about switching it up a bit to calorie / carb counting or weight watchers or something of that sort. If I was to start calorie counting I would probably shoot for about 1500 a day (I think I've been staying under that anyways) but I don't know how many carbs you should eat while trying to lose weight? I don't know if I am going to switch or at least I maybe not just yet.. I really want to BUT I'm almost to scared. Also I haven't really been exorcising but I do plan to start.. right now I'm focusing on eating right and getting in a good pattern then incorporating excessive.. plus once old man winter comes its really going to be on! Input PUHLEASEEEEE!!!!

cosmokindra 03-19-2013 11:23 PM

The eggs bacon ect is high cholesterol. I no it's not a high protein diet but I have been taking in a lot of protein because without it wouldn't last I don't believe.. example of today's menu was 3 eggs with salsa for breakfast lunch was a salad and some deli turkey meat slices and dinner was a bread less cheeseburger with lettuce I also had a tuna on the go pack for a snack. I'm not the best dieter so I don't really know what I'm doing.. with other diets I would have more selection including some whole grains, dairy, and fruit. I think?

amandie 03-20-2013 01:28 AM

It is up to you to decide what you want to do.

I personally do Weight Watchers (WW) at home with no meetings and have done well with it (though I do deviate a bit during holidays and summertime going over daily and weekly points and tracking a bit less.) You could even do a modified low carb version of WW if you'd like but they do have GHG (good health guidelines) that they'd like us to follow. Are you talking about joining the online or meetings if you decide to do WW? You get an alloted daily point target (with your stats, I believe it to be 44 daily, 14 extra if you are nursing full-time, 7 if you are part-time to your daily points target) along with 49 weekly points. You'd have to punch in stats of the food itself to calculate the points but it's easier after the first month or so since you can savce meals, fave food and just generally remember points of most foods. Is that something you're willing to do? There are many (free) online calculators, android/iphone WW apps and etc. PS a tip, not everyone loses consistently with eating all the weekly points, I personally do better with 1/2 to 1/3 of the weekly points so you will have to play with it to see what works for you. Everyone flutucates but it will come off eventually!

I do not know much about Atkins. You don't have to be the best dieter, just keep track of whatever you are eating and if you are gaining consistently then tweak it from there, eliminate or adjust some stuff and see if you lose, whether it be WW or Atkins, etc.

I wish you the best of luck with your decision(s.)

ghost 03-21-2013 01:42 PM

I think you have a lot of misconceptions about low-carb and cholesterol. Maybe do a little research on some specifically low-carb forums and blogs. In the end though, the best diet for anyone is the one they can stick to and if you don't find low-carb sustainable then its best to find something that is.