3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions

General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Diet Plan

Old 03-19-2013, 02:37 PM   #1

S/C/G: 258/246.6/180

Height: 5'9"

Default Diet Plan

Can someone explain how The Simple Diet Plan works? All I have read is it's 3 shakes (are these protein shakes/meal replacement shakes?) with a piece of fruit, 2 frozen entrees (not over 300 calories), 5 veggies plus water and exercise.

Is this it??

What are the different phases??
Old 03-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #2
Jez
mythbuster.

Height: 5'4" Age: 32

I'll copy and paste what I just added to my post in the other thread:

From scanning the website, it does look that way. It's a 3 phase program. The first phase being the 3 shakes, 2 entrees, and 5 fruits/veg.
The shakes info says: "Shakes are prepared nutrition shakes in liquid form or powders ready to mix in the non-caloric fluid of your choice. We recommend over 100 choices from GNC, Slim-Fast, Slim-Rite and Special K. Many additional choices are available at convenience stores, pharmacies and grocery stores, often for less than $1 each." So, they seem like generic meal replacement shakes, not necessarily protein shakes (although I'd go in that direction).
It looks like it's essentially a calorie counting program where you don't have to count the calories, because your options are narrowed down for you.
I'm assuming it's about 500 cals in shakes, 600 in frozen entrees, and, at most, 200 in veg/fruit. There are probably limitations on starchy ones, like bananas. So, you could do that, or just eat whatever you want, keeping it in your decided calorie range (which, it seems this one is probably 1200-1400.)

This is the food info:
http://www.andersonsimplediet.com/foods

This is the phase info:
http://www.andersonsimplediet.com/program

Last edited by Jez : 03-19-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Jez is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.