General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:28 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

I have had to go on an extremely low carb woe because I woke up last Monday with rashes o my neck and other parts of my body. It was reaction of too may carbs. That is why I haven't been around. Slept most of Monday and Tuesday. Still have a rash on my neck while the other places have cleared up. I still eat only when hungry and eat only as much as it takes for me to be satisfied. Just limited to what I can eat at this time. Once I get my system straightened out, I can add some of the carbs back in.

I just wanted to come by and wish all of you A HAPPY EASTER!!!
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:31 PM   #257  

Trish - Happy Easter to you as well, and to all here who celebrate it.

I am so sorry to hear about your rash!

The beauty of IE, I believe, is the fact that we can adapt it when necessary. The fact that you have to restrict carbs doesn't change the fact that you can still...

* eat only when hungry
* savor your food
* eat until you are satisfied

You might not be able to eat exactly anything you want, but it's for a good reason. And I would imagine you don't want them right now, considering what has happened!
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:46 PM   #258  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolr3639 View Post
I'm happy to report that for the rest of the day I wasn' very hungry and only ate a few bites of food.
Carol, how has it gone for you today? Sounds like yesterday turned out okay - that's good news!

I ate a small breakfast this morning, as I got up really early. Knew we wouldn't eat until around noon so I had a banana and some yogurt with grape nuts. This is the first time I can EVER remember not being able to finish the yogurt! It's vanilla yogurt (just Publix brand; I do NOT like Greek yogurt!) and fortunately my cat loves it as well! I gave him a couple of spoonfuls on a paper plate and threw the rest away. We were both satisfied!

I prepared two very calorie-laden casseroles for brunch - a sausage, egg and cheese casserole & a garlic/cheese grits casserole. Also had fresh fruit. I actually ate a bit of the grits casserole - I don't care for grits at all, but it was actually tasty. Only had about two forkfuls, however. Had a bit more of the sausage casserole and a serving of fruit (mostly grapes and melon). My SIL has invited us over for dessert at 5:00, so I know I'll be ready for that then. Probably will be it for me today.

I posted elsewhere that my daughter had actually noticed my weight loss - that was gratifying! I know I haven't lost a great deal but my clothes are most definitely loose. I think it's easier for others to see than it is for me.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:05 PM   #259  
Trying for normal

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Mmmmm Grits...
AlmostMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:37 PM   #260  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostMe View Post
Mmmmm Grits...
AlmostMe, I don't mean to make your mouth water....no more mention of grits, I promise!
Old 03-31-2013, 04:38 PM   #261  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernMaven View Post
Trish - Happy Easter to you as well, and to all here who celebrate it.

I am so sorry to hear about your rash!

The beauty of IE, I believe, is the fact that we can adapt it when necessary. The fact that you have to restrict carbs doesn't change the fact that you can still...

* eat only when hungry
* savor your food
* eat until you are satisfied

You might not be able to eat exactly anything you want, but it's for a good reason. And I would imagine you don't want them right now, considering what has happened!
Thanks, SouthernMaven. I agree. I still consider myself an Intuitive Eater. And yes, the IE rules can still apply my low carb eating. In fact, I went to the store today and purchased the foods that I need to eat right now for my health, but the difference is that I ONLY purchased those foods that I really can enjoy and savor. And the blessing is that I find that I am extremely satisfied eating this way. I am so thankful for that it does not wipe out Intuitive Eating.

Hope everyone is having a great IE/Easter.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:34 PM   #262  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone Happy Easter / Spring / Whatever

Turns out, you can eat nothing for 2 days with the flu. This is my first experience of using IE while ill! I researched it, of course. Apparently viruses use some nutrients from food to stay alive so your body sometimes quarantines everything by completely knocking out your appetite. The third day, my fever dropped off and I was STARVING. So, believe me, it's true: when your body wants food, it will TELL you!

Back up to the dreaded 196 today. Working back to back shifts the past few days with the tail end of the flu AND TOM. Not fun. NOT fun. Anyway, I feel much better, we have daylight until 7pm and... well, yeah. Just wanted to stick my head in and say I've not forgotten about you guys or had a crazy donut bingeing relapse or got knocked down by traffic or anything. Hope you all had a good Monday
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #263  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Interesting about IE and being ill. Were you nervous about not eating? It's just so interesting all of the "food ideas" we have in our head- such as, "Feed a cold, starve a fever."
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:50 PM   #264  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Interesting article on ghrelin lunarsongbird! Yes, it did feel empowering!

I think I did pretty good this weekend with IE. I ate twice each day, and only ate when I was hungry. I'm still trying to learn the difference between "mouth" hunger, and real hunger. One of my cues is if everything sounds super yummy then I'm truly hungry. If my mind focuses on one particular food item then my mouth is hungry.

What cues do you have to indicate that you are truly hungry?
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #265  

Well, I ended March losing the 3 lbs I had gained plus 3 more. The low carb IE woe is working great for me. I am eating only when I'm hungry and I seem to be eating less because I am satisfied with less. The rash I have is more of a pink rather than red. I'm sure the high carbs didn't help, but I have also found that I can't use the face cream bought from Avon and have used for a few mionths. Can't understand why I could use it a few months and suddenly develope an allergy, but things happen.

Shiv Sorry you've been ill. Glad you are on the downside of it now.

Carolr I've got to the point to where my stomach is uncomfortable even kind of growls when I am really hungry.

I am so thankful that IE so works well with my lower carb eating. What a blessing.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #266  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Am I the only one that thinks IE during TOM is no fun? I have trouble controlling my appetite. It's easy for me to eat past being satisfied. :: sigh :: Learning curve.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:54 PM   #267  

Quote:
Am I the only one that thinks IE during TOM is no fun?
Maybe because some of us are past TOM.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:49 PM   #268  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarsongbird View Post
Am I the only one that thinks IE during TOM is no fun? I have trouble controlling my appetite. It's easy for me to eat past being satisfied. :: sigh :: Learning curve.
Don't have TOM any more, but I still remember how I got soooo hungry when I did. Especially for something sweet. So I do understand what you are going through.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:11 AM   #269  
Trying for normal

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Lunarsongbird - that's where the mindfulness REALLY needs to kick in. (I have this trouble too, haven't cracked it) Slow down your eating. Really, really slow it down. Put your fork and knife down or put the food down if you're eating with your hands and clear your mouth and PAUSE before picking up another bite. (Gonna work on this today!!!)
AlmostMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:47 AM   #270  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostMe View Post
Lunarsongbird - that's where the mindfulness REALLY needs to kick in. (I have this trouble too, haven't cracked it) Slow down your eating. Really, really slow it down. Put your fork and knife down or put the food down if you're eating with your hands and clear your mouth and PAUSE before picking up another bite. (Gonna work on this today!!!)
This has been the biggest challenge for me as well....

This morning, I only wanted a little something to eat - so I decided to eat a banana. I took forever to eat that piece of fruit! It's so strange to really taste food now, something I just didn't do before.

Last edited by SouthernMaven; 04-02-2013 at 08:47 AM.