General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233.4/233.4/160

Height: 5'6

Question New here and I am trying to decide on a diet and I need a support buddy!

I just had a baby 7 months ago and I gained a lot of weight. I was already about 190 before the baby. We had to go through 2 Invitro cycles to get pregnant and that also took a toll. So between the IVF and pregnancy I have gotten up to 233!! Extremely depressing.

I am not even sure where to start with dieting. I have thought about Weight Watchers but I have failed that in the past. So now I am thinking that I am just going to cut out all the sweets and unneccesary snacking and start using my Nutribullet. I am working on my cooking ability also since I am a horrible cook! It seems like everything I make is frozen. Along with that I am going to start excercising 3 times a week. Since I do have a 7 month old along with a 12 year old stepdaughter to take care of I have to be realistic and can't work out 7 times a week.

Does anyone have an advice for me? I am also really in need or a support buddy that will help me along the way!!
Autumn27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 169/159/135

Height: 5' 0''

Autumn 27,

There are so many diets and lifestyle plans, my suggestion would be to read through the forums and see if what others are doing is something that appeals to you. Or you can start by just making a few small changes (ie: cutting out unhealthy snacks/sweets.).

Also, if you look under the food category on this forum you will find some wonderful recipes others have posted.

Remember when starting out, anything that gets you up and moving can be exercise. I have a 10 month old grandson, I watch 2-3 days a week. We get on the floor and he likes to crawl under the dining room table, when he gets to the other side he waits for me to crawl under the table. Do I look ridiculous? Maybe, but it is only me and the baby so who cares. Lol. My point is that on the days I have him, that is my exercise. On days he is not with me, I have a regular exercise routine. When the weather is better, I put him in the stroller and we walk outside or at the mall.
Playing with your 7 month old is good for both of you..and fun!

Good luck, I hope to see you posting your progress.
irish51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 182/162/???

Height: 5'2"

I would look at Wonderslim or another diet like that for yourself (Medifast maybe?) It can be spendy, but I lost 24 lbs since Christmas! I'm not done yet of course, but am having trouble finding buddies out there to have someone to talk to.
The reason I suggest those in comparison to Weight Watchers is because I don't have to think much about what I'm eating, it's laid out for you. For Medifast it's just five of those meals a day and then one on your own. I'm not a coach or seller or anything, I just feel like it worked so well for me and will continue to. (I just switched to Wonderslim due to the high cost of Medifast.
mldesl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/257/170

Height: 5'-8"

Hi Autumn. I'm in the same boat as you. Just joined tonight and I'm just going to start cutting out sweets (especially soda) and eat more fruit. I'll see where that gets me and go from there. Good luck to you!
MomOf3inDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:24 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote