Dieting Recommendations Changed

• I heard on the news last night that there's more "new" dieting info available from research studies. First, the recommendation to eat a big breakfast has not been shown to be beneficial. Note, they didn't say it could hurt, but the finding was that people who ate a big breakfast tended to add more calories to their day as opposed to lessening the number of calories consumed throughout the rest of the day. The study also hinted that perhaps the breakfast food industry might be behind the recommendation. It did fairly note that people who consumed fewer calories throughout the rest of the day were able to continue losing weight.

A study conducted in Spain (where the big meal of the day is at noon) showed that consuming the big meal mid-day resulted in the most weight loss. Again, some of this is that the Spanish then have what really passes for snacks for their evening meal as opposed to say the US where a big lunch is often followed by a bigger dinner.

What I've derived from the ever changing results from studies: everyone needs to find what works best for them and just stick with that. For me, I've had a lot of initial success with switching to an 8 hour eating time frame (limit my eating to an 8 hour window) and during those 8 hours count my calories and carbs.

Thoughts on the latest news?