Supplements: Do You Take Any?

• I'm wondering what supplements people are taking. I personally take:

Fish oil: prescribed by doctor to help lower cholesterol
    Multi-vitamin
    Magnesium with Zinc

I had to be on potassium supplements as well do to a very low level.
    I was also on Vitamin D supplements because my levels were low.

Currently, all levels are looking good, except for cholesterol!
  • Multi vitamin and B complex
  • Calcium/magnesium
    Vitamin D (doctor's recommendation)
    Tonic Alchemy (doctor's approval)
  • Fish oil and B complex.
  • Fish oil, CoQ10, and glucosamine. All per my doctor's advice.
  • Quote: Calcium/magnesium
    Vitamin D (doctor's recommendation)
    Tonic Alchemy (doctor's approval)
    What is "Tonic Alchemy?"
  • I'm taking 5htp with b6. It seems to help so much. I've read online that it gets your serotonin levels back to normal if they're depleted. Bottle says uplifts mood, helps with healthy sleep patterns and aids in weight loss.
  • Probiotic multivitamin
    High potency fish oil
    Chromium
    Glucosamine
  • I copied this from another post I had answered
    Magnesium to help me sleep
    Iron every few days cause I used to sometimes test anemic
    Olive leaf to fight off colds and infections
    Cayenne for the same reason and helps digestion, your heart and pain
    Folic acid cause I have been losing hair like crazy since my Brazilian blowout. Not so much since taking it
    Green tea extract for antioxidants and weight I hear
    Potassium to reduce my leg cramps
    Calcium well for calcium with d for absorption
    Flax seed for cholesterol, diabetes, inflammation, constipation, and helps my depression.
    Omega reds cause I need my omegas and hate fish. Also same uses as flax
    Chlorophyll cause I love that my sweat and poop don't smell as bad
    Chia seeds cause they keep me regular are loaded with fiber and to much more to list
    Chlorella contains so many vitamins helps boost immune system, cholesterol, diabetes, constipation, cancer, hormone balance ++++++
    Spirulina for detox, cholesterol, immune system, heart, digestive health, reducing cancer and so much more
    I also take coconut oil to speed metabolism, softer skin and hair, weight loss, digestion, liver, kidney , stress, bones and dental care
  • Prenatal Multivitam -not pregnant or trying but helps with some female issues

Kelp Water - For Iodine

L Carnitine with a B complex -Helps with muscle rebuilding after my workouts

Biotin - to counteract the hair loss from weight loss, but I think my body has leveled out so I'll probably stop when I finish this bottle.

Coenzyme Q 10 - this is a vanity supplement, I heard it might help my skin, but it's also regulated the slight rise in my blood pressure

Prescription grade fish oil

Evening primrose oil - to alleviate menstrual symptoms
  • I should add that I don't supplement with coconut oil, but I cook with it daily.
  • I take calcium, a multi-vitamin (with iron) for women over 50, and sometimes fish oil or other omega-3 oil.

I've been taking calcium for 6-7 years, since I am somewhat lactose intolerant and don't drink much milk. I'm inconsistent about the fish oil for some reason.

I take all sorts of other meds for diabetes and cholesterol, but I'm hoping weight loss will allow me to decrease those.
  • -- Apple Cider Vinegar caps (diet formula with kelp and glucomannan fiber)

-- Adult gummy multivitamin (doesn't give me heartburn!)

-- Folic acid (not trying to be pregnant just yet, but just in case the body stages a revolt over the birth control, and supposed to help with vaginal flora balance)

-- Vitamin D 1000 IU

-- Fish oil (good anti-inflammatory)

-- Jarrow Formulas Femdophilus (my lady bits and bladder were very angry for quite some time... this definitely helps!)

-- Green Tea Hoodia caps (helps with my overall energy level! Husband finds it to be an appetite suppressant)

-- Bromelain (another good anti-inflammatory, also known as pineapple extract)

I've noticed I handle just how physical my job is way better since taking a lot of these.