3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   Cranberry Juice & Water Question (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/273580-cranberry-juice-water-question.html)

Jennifer1966 01-16-2013 07:20 PM

Cranberry Juice & Water Question

I'm new here, and was wondering if anyone has tried drinking 64 ounces of cran-water daily? I've been drinking it for 3 days and I'm not sure if it's a good diet move or not. (The drink consists of one part pure, no sugar added cranberry juice to three parts water).

elvislover324 01-16-2013 07:52 PM

I don't do it exclusively but I'll have 3 parts club soda with 1 part diet cranberry juice. Its really good and the bonus is its pretty!

nelie 01-16-2013 09:14 PM

Generally, I don't drink my calories but if you like it and it fits into your calories then it shouldn't hurt.

KG123 01-18-2013 11:56 AM

I drink Jillian Michael's detox tea.
It's distilled water, fresh lemon juice, unsweetened cranberry juice and dandelion tea. I think it tastes great and has very few calories.

kmac1196 03-12-2013 07:23 AM

Bumping to answer...yes, I do. It's actually part of the Fat Flush Diet protocol. It's supposed to help to produce bile and help support the liver in it's fat mobolization.

nelie 03-12-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmac1196 (Post 4664626)
Bumping to answer...yes, I do. It's actually part of the Fat Flush Diet protocol. It's supposed to help to produce bile and help support the liver in it's fat mobolization.

Unfortunately there is no scientific evidence for such claims. What is known is that cranberries can create a hostile environment in the bladder for bacteria which is why it is recommended for urinary health.

kmac1196 03-12-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelie (Post 4664629)
Unfortunately there is no scientific evidence for such claims. What is known is that cranberries can create a hostile environment in the bladder for bacteria which is why it is recommended for urinary health.

A quick search on Pub med does actually show favorable effects of cranberry juice. No hostile environment shown. On healthy individuals. Of course there are always people who have difficulties with particular foods/drinks.

Psychic 03-12-2013 07:53 AM

Drinking cranberry juice and water can't hurt, just be sure to include it in your daily calorie intake. It is known that cranberry is good for the urinary tract. There are claims that it also helps detox the body, but there is little scientific evidence behind this.

elvislover324 03-12-2013 08:03 AM

I believe the diet Ocean Spray cranberry juice is 5 calories per 8 oz so it's very calorie friendly. I'm not big on diet drinks but this is great for making mocktails on the weekend or holidays. :)

TripSwitch 03-12-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmac1196 (Post 4664637)
A quick search on Pub med does actually show favorable effects of cranberry juice. No hostile environment shown. On healthy individuals. Of course there are always people who have difficulties with particular foods/drinks.

Could you link to where it shows benefits with the fat mobilization in the liver that you mentioned? All I'm finding is what looks like it's links in use with UTI's... thanks...

TripSwitch 03-12-2013 08:26 AM

Is it because cranberry juice contains Vit C... and it's the Vit C that is associated with the possible benefits in the liver?

nelie 03-12-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmac1196 (Post 4664637)

Hostile environment for bacteria in bladder equals favorable effects for humans which is why it is good for bladder health. The other health claims don't seem to have any scientific proof though.