General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #31  
Finding my own strength!

S/C/G: 219/214/150

Height: 5'6"

Hmmm, 4lb might be a bit much so don't get too discouraged if you don't hit it just be glad for a loss. :0)

I am very lucky. My husband takes care of laundry, showers/baths, bedtime stories, homework, dinner, most of the cleaning, etc. I just have to focus on school. 2 more semesters and I'm done!! I am very lucky and I let him know it everyday. :0)
oddberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:34 AM   #32  
is stronger than this

S/C/G: 242/see ticker/142

Height: 5ft 6

I'm a bit of a housework addict - it's a good way for me to de-stress, tidy house = tidy mind

What are you studying?
purplekitten7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:55 AM   #33  
Finding my own strength!

I am too but I don't have a lot of time to clean...when I clean...I CLEAN!!!

I finished my AS in Multimedia Telecommunications in Dec '11 and went right into my BS for Digital Design and Animation. I'm working on having a 4.0 for both so school is a main priority right now but so is my health and I have to tackle it just like I do homework...head first!
Old 01-16-2013, 09:18 AM   #34  
is stronger than this

That's a good mentality to have!
Old 01-16-2013, 09:26 AM   #35  
Finding my own strength!

I am really all about this...I'm afraid I might be TOO enthusiastic and drive everyone away
Old 01-16-2013, 09:35 AM   #36  
is stronger than this

Why would you drive anyone away? I think it's great that you're so enthusiastic! It's a great motivator for others, and I know where I'll go when I need a pick-me-up!

I'm starting to obsess about stuff, which is ok atm (i.e. calorie counting, measuring portions, weighing myself) but I'm worried I might let it get too bad
Old 01-16-2013, 09:54 AM   #37  
Finding my own strength!

No obsessing, just let it go naturally. If you stress, you're going to make your body hold on to the weight. Just go with the flow. Eat until right before you're full, drink plenty of water and break a sweat. don't make it tough on yourself...it's already tough enough!!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:09 AM   #38  
is stronger than this

Tbh it's obsessing rather than stressing! I think it's just the part of me that likes to be in control of stuff - I've felt out of control with my weight since...well, since I can remember so it's good to feel like I'm back in control!

I hope that since I'm aware of it, I can keep it in check! I'm glad I found 3FC though - I normally internalise all this worry which makes it 10x worse, it's nice having people who understand so thanks
Old 01-16-2013, 11:04 AM   #39  
Finding my own strength!

Well obsession can be good and bad...just don't let it get out ofhand. I've been a 'thick' girl since my oldest was born. I've had two emergency c-sections so i don't think I'm the most attractive but eh, my hubby thinks I'm hot so...

Nope, don't internalize anything else anymore. If nothing else, ya got me in your corner...and let me tell ya, I'm a firecracker!!! :0)
Old 01-16-2013, 11:19 AM   #40  
is stronger than this

I'm very glad you're in my corner!
Old 01-17-2013, 02:46 PM   #41  
is stronger than this

Hey, thought I'd check in and let you know how Zumba went!

I didn't chicken out, I didn't hide (right) at the back and I did manage to keep up it was brilliant fun so I'll be making it a regular thing. Yay to me!

Also, have decreased my weekly goal to 2lbs because TOM will most likely screw my numbers with water retention so I'll aim low this week and hopefully make it up next week!

How are you guys all getting on?
Old 01-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #42  
Finding my own strength!

Hi, and good for you!!! I've done REALLY good as far as eating this week but then Mother Nature figured she would remind me that I'm a woman and well...I've still managed to eat really good but didn't workout yesterday...hurt too bad, but I'm going to tonight after dinner. Nothing too crazy but gotta get something in...I feel horrible for not working out. I'm weighing in on Sunday and measuring too so I'll let you know how it goes!! I'm going to get some cardio in tonight and then work on homework. The workout will help get my head right for all those papers I have to write. Have you signed up for MFP yet? I've become addicted to being motivating and supportive on the site. I'm a beast!!! Woot!!!
Old 01-19-2013, 11:19 AM   #43  
is stronger than this

Hey, well done you staying OP with food! I have some 'fessing up to do
Yesterday, after a loooong week at work (with my boss trying to convince me to eat blueberry muffins he left near my desk - nice eh? I resisted though) me and the fella agreed we would get a Chinese in, I did my homework and checked out the calories and allowed for a small portion of this and that to go along side some home cooked veggies I fully intended to cook. Then coming home to snow covered everything I swept off the terrace and metal staircase which leads up to my flat (very dangerous when icy!) for a full 20-30 mins (quite good exercise I might add), the boyfriend went to get takeaway and I forgot to cook veggies. I then majorly binged on all the food and felt completely awful afterwards I still feel guilty but I'm back on the wagon today! So far I have successfully completely L1D1 of 30DS (was almost certain I would die) which made me feel a little better, and I've also just done 500 steps on aerobic step thingy and my food has been completely spot on, I'm also making sure I drink extra water to help with all that icky salt I ate yesterday.

So moral of the story - I am not yet ready to be sensible with take-out!

I am just about to sign up to MFP, whats you're username on it, I'll add you when it's sorted! And good luck with those papers, remember you're a beast!
Old 01-20-2013, 12:28 PM   #44  
Finding my own strength!

Awwww. Well, I'm here for you and I completely understand about falling off the wagon. I did almost the same thing yesterday but halfway through eating, I asked myself why I was eating what I was eating (pizza pockets). I threw what was left away and then jogged for 20 minutes. I weighed myself yesterday and in 2 weeks I've lost 5lbs. It's a process but this time I'm not giving in on it. It's going to be tough and I know this but the one thing I learned about myself yesterday is that I'm serious about this. It's okay to feel guilty for a small time but you have to remember that the fact you are staying on top if it means you're fighting with inner demons. You'll win eventually, you just have to stick to it. Willpower and determination is key. I'm here for you and together we WILL do this.

My name is oddberry on there as well. It's been a great tool this past week and it's helped me to see that things actually can be changed. I am a beast...and I know this...but in the end you'll be one right along with me. :0)

Can't wait to add you on MFP. Hugs!! See you there!
Old 01-21-2013, 04:52 AM   #45  
is stronger than this

Hey, thanks for the support! I suppose knowing that if I do fall off I can hop right back on again is reassuring - I'm not just gonna fall to pieces like last time and decide it means I can eat like crap for 2 weeks!

30DS is amazing, it kills me but in a good way- did L1D2 yesterday and it was a bit easier! (Only a tiny bit though) but then I managed to throw my back out getting out of the bath I've been laid up in bed barely able to move since then which SUCKS. I have all the energy to work out I just literally can't stand up! I can just about hobble to and from bathroom/kitchen (thank god I don't have stairs in my house) so I can fix a bit of healthy food/drinks but it really sucks I'm off work and BF has gone to work so I'm all alone for another...8 hours.

On the other hand I managed to hobble onto the scales this morning and I'm down 6lbs this week, so I'm obviously doing something right (and kicking my butt for the chinese must of paid off!)