General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:46 PM   #31  

Hello My name is Hilde, and have Follicular Non Hodgkins Lymphoma. I have stage 4 but been in remission for 3 years now. I have had this since 04 and relapsed once . Then did chemo 8 rounds. I am so addicted to sugar. I have both books on the sugar busters diet. Are there any new ones out? I am reading your posts to get inspired to drop most of the sugar in my diet I need to loose 30 lbs that I gained being on steroids during chemo. I am 67 and it seems harder to get off. Cancer feeds on sugar so you would think I would not want any. Thank you. Hilde
hilde451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:33 PM   #32  

Hello, Hilde! As far as I know, there are no new editions to the Sugar Busters book. There is a cookbook, but I do not know if it is still in print, or hard to find. Amazon might have it.

I have read that sugar feeds cancer..so yes! Please kick it to the curb! Once you are off it for a bit, it gets easier to avoid it. I occasionally like something sweet, but I find I am not as addicted to it as I was a few years ago. I could not even have a small cheat without started to dream of ways to sneak sugar. Now I can pretty much take it or leave it. Its a good feeling! Eating whole foods, and avoiding processed foods I think has helped me a lot. Do you get any exercise? That definitely helps with the weight loss as we get older.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:01 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 190/140

Height: 5'1

Hi! I am trying to cut down on sugar in my diet. This is a huge challenge for me as I love sweets! I have a question for all of you. I tend to eat yogurt with granola as a small snack and know that there is a lot of sugar in it. What would a good replacement be for yogurt? I am not a huge yogurt fan so having the granola has made it palatable for me. I would like something with a little protein so I am not tempted to snack. Any help or suggestions would be great!
KYgirlinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:20 PM   #34  

Hi all,

Another sugar addict here, it's good to read there are others that can recognise sugar as an addiction, I've spoke to many here and I get this look as if I'm an alien, if I were to say I was an alcoholic or drug addict or smoke I would not only get support but recognition, however I have asked the dr, the hospital, nurses and even been to see a counsellor but sugar addiction is just not being treated as serious here, and yet we have an obesity epidemic ... It's strange

So anyway... It's good to know that yes it does exist lol
Elantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:21 PM   #35  

Ky have you thought maybe about having some nuts as a treat? Or maybe carrot sticks or celery ?
Elantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:50 PM   #36  

How about cheese? It doesn't take much to satisfy and it is much lower in sugar then flavored yogurt. I personally like plain Greek yogurt, so I am not a good person to ask! Raw veggies are a good snack, and if you want some protein, a few almonds. Or a small serving of cottage cheese. Sometimes, I make a large batch of chicken salad and I can have a snack of that with some whole grain crackers. I used to make beef jerky to have as a snack, but came to accept that I can't control how much I eat since its totally addicting. But it was a great high protein snack.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote