Christmas dinner eating plans

• Just curious what everyone plans to do for christmas dinner, are you going to keep to your diet and daily calories or are you going to feast and over eat?

im currently eating 1600 calories a day and i have a dumb question ;/ if i eat like 3500 calories in one day at christmas (no clue of the actual amount), would i gain weight or can you have 1 cheat day and not gain weight? would i just not lose any weight for that week and stay the same weight?
  • Ugh, I have no idea what I'm going to do yet lol. I'll probably cook and bring some lower calorie stuff, but I don't have a plan.

Any my guess is you'd probably just break even that week. If you bmr is... I don't know, around 1900ish lets say, then it's only 1600 over for a 3500 day. You'd make that back in another 5.3 days.
  • Thanksgiving was easy...I ate a good portion of turkey and veggies,and less of everything else.Christmas meal consists of ham,which I don't care for....so it will be lots of veggies,and not much of anything else I'm thinking I may have some turkey or chicken before we actually go,just so I'm not hungry...and that way,I wont feel deprived and want to eat the foods that are high in calories.Over all though,just eating less and finding healthier options has been my meal plan the past few months,so I'll just continue that over the holidays.
  • I decided to not stress over what I was eating this holiday season and have done better than I ever have. Thankfully, I have the support of my family and friends so I didn't get the "oh go on have some, it will not hurt your diet" speech.

Enjoy your meal, don't go to overboard and you should be fine.

Everything in moderation is my new mantra.