General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2001, 03:15 PM   #31  
Dragon Diva

Default Not to argue the point....

But there's nothing wrong with frozen dinners. They're a good way to practice portion control and healthful eating. I usually have one for lunch, and I've been lifetime for approx. 2.5 years. PinP, I think that your plan is a good one for jump starting your motivation, as you've stated you intend to do. Good luck to you.
Old 03-16-2001, 03:15 PM   #32  

Wolfangel, who are you and why are you here? I didn't come to this thread with any questions and I didn't ask for any answers or suggestions. I posted the diet for those who might be interested and then posted my results. No where did I ask anyone any questions about would it work, would it be water weight lost or anything else. Are you a doctor? How do you know that it won't last if all I eat is frozen dinners? Besides where did I post that all I would eat for the rest of my life is frozen dinners. I'd have to be pretty stupid to think that and that is one thing tht I am not. Now you on the other hand...
If I choose to eat frozen dinners for the rest of my life everyday of my life that would be my choice. And guess what-I would lose weight.
You really need to get over yourself because I never asked you for anything.
Old 03-16-2001, 03:16 PM   #33  

Thankyou Brigette.
Some people really bug me on this board. As you can tell Wolfangel is one of them. She really needs a life.
Old 03-16-2001, 04:20 PM   #34  
Wolfangel

Default You are right!

You did not ask any questions..you posted a "diet" for people who are interested.

Except you posted in the wrong FORUM...should have been in the SCAM forum.

As for your tone, what are you 13? Grow up and learn to taken some criticism.

And yes, frozen meals should not be soley eaten...too much garbage in them. Sodium, preservations..you should get in as much fresh and whole foods as you can (veggies, fruits, grains, etc...). And yes, water intake, gains and losses are all part of the lifestyle, too. Since you are afraid to post your weight and results thus far...how are we to know this plan is REALLY working?

But, to each there own...and thank you, I HAVE a life. I've been around here a bit more than you have...so lighten up a little. People are here to look out for each other. We may question certain things..that's what a MEASSAGE BOARD is all about. And everyone has been very nice and helpful to you. You don't have too be rude to all of them. Thank them and go on your way.

Old 03-16-2001, 04:33 PM   #35  

This plan was provided by a Doctor so I think it has a lot of credibility and belongs right where I posted it. This is in no way a SCAM. Why would you call it that when it fits perfectly into the WW plan. I guess that's a scam too. In case you missed it the diet does call for you to eat fruits and vegetables. I also add vegetables to my dinners so what makes you think I'm not getting the nutrients I need (or anyone else who follows this plan). If you've been around here for so long than you should know how to respond to people-especially when they haven't asked for your advice or input. I never said that I had a problem with losing water. You all did. I was fine with a loss whether its water or fat. I'm also not afraid to post my weight loss but if this is a scam why would you want to see it.
Old 03-16-2001, 04:40 PM   #36  

Default Uh oh......

one of those "I said, you said" threads againalthough, maybe I should get a "life" because I admit they do sometimes get interesting
Old 03-16-2001, 04:43 PM   #37  

Default not trying to get into this....

But with all due respect, Pretty, just because a doctor recommends it does not mean it's the healthiest thing out there. I've heard of doctors recomending Atkins and I think most of us would agree that that is not healthy.

Regardless, best of luck to you!
Old 03-16-2001, 05:24 PM   #38  
Wolfangel

Default I'm not going to fight...

All I have to say is having frozen meals 2x a day is NOT a healthy way of living, nor is it a lifestyle change. I understand this is a jump-start diet and if it works...KUDOS!! BUT, it should not be interpreted as a change forever. You can't live on frozen meals alone.

My original intent of my post was that people look out for each other here. We all said it was a good jump-start, but kindly pointed out why it could not be a long-term change and we all wished you well. YOU are the one that jumped down our throats.

So, I say again...congradulations. Sounds like a good plan, but LISTEN to everyone else here on their suggestions, these people know what they are talking about.

As for a doctor recommending this diet. I went to a weight-loss clinic. They only advocated frozen meals when you are in a pinch...you should focus on fresh, whole foods...but I have to admit you are doing the right thing to add more veggies with these meals.

Old 03-16-2001, 05:31 PM   #39  

I miss frozen dinners. When DH and I were losing weight before kids, we could each choose our own "box" for dinner. It was a really easy method of portion control. We'd generally add a salad or vegetable. I can't really do that now--I feel like something out of the 50's if the whole family's sitting around eating TV dinners! I'm now obliged to cook and serve a meal whether I'm hungry or not.

I note two things about frozen dinners:
1. Suzanne3FC herself met with tremendous success using frozen dinners as the main component of her weight loss program.

2. The journals that WW provided have a sample day showing how you go about journaling your intake. The last version of the journals (before Winning Points--haven't seen the WP ones) had the person eating a Smart Ones Turkey Breast for lunch and a Smart Ones Chicken & Vegetables for dinner--along with extra veggies. Every page of the journal mentioned Smart Ones: "Smart ones make menu planning easy." "Smart Ones help keep you on track all day." "Smart ONes...for your peace of mind" "Balance your menu and your life with Smart Ones." "Smart Ones put you on the road to a healthier lifestyle." "You Can do it...with Smart Ones."

Now I'll admit I found that shameless marketing appalling, AND I was disappointed that they were not emphasizing learning to make good choices from the whole universe of available foods (what are you gonna do when you're some place you can't eat a Smart One?), BUT it's clear WW has no problem with eating frozen dinners for lunch AND dinner and maybe forever.

I favor Pretty in Pink's approach of using them for a SHORT TIME to get yourself focused and then transition to a real-food program like WW. I don't see anything wrong with it whatsoever.

And, I rarely mention this, but, as it happens, I am a doctor.
Old 03-17-2001, 04:49 PM   #40  
Losing it!

I agree with BUMBY!! I have been following this thread to read the input that everyone has to offer. As for my own personal plan, I am eating more then I ever have before on a diet, feeling more satified, using the healthy choice soups & frozen meals, plus adding fresh fruits & vegs. For me it has cut down on meal time stress of fixing two separate meals, plus portion control of which some of us need. I have not weighed, but since the beginning of the year I have went from a tight 16 to a 12. All that I can say is that it is working for me & I will continue. I follow this plan 90-95% of the time, allowing for occasional nights out or special treats. Personally I see nothing wrong with the plan, I'm eating so much healthier now then what got me into this mess in the first place. Good luck to EVERYONE posting on this thread.
Old 03-19-2001, 12:20 PM   #41  
Cowboy Up Chick

Believe me I understand the portion control but why would anyone need to fix two separate meas? That concept just escapes me completely. I also think that with a little bit of effort you can make your own frozen meals (of which I have a bunch of recipes) that you get more nutrition(less sodium), more food and the same or less calories. I have used prepackaged frozen meals in a pinch (like forgetting my lu nch on the counter at home) but to me they aren't satisifying at all - too small.
Old 03-19-2001, 02:18 PM   #42  

Kelly--
On preparing two separate meals--if you can't fathom why someone should do that, consider yourself a very lucky woman!

Either: 1) you are one of the lucky folks who can eat "all the same things as before, just smaller portions" and feel satisfied, and therefore have run into no conflicts with the others around your dinner table, or 2) you have a very accommodating family that is willing to eat your new choices, or 3)some combination of the two.

Boy, do I envy you!
Old 03-19-2001, 03:08 PM   #43  
Cowboy Up Chick

Actually all my meals have pretty much been balanced and I've just learned portion control; my DH has always been willing (even before my W/W journey) to try at least 1 new recipe a week (what I did was pick several that I knew I'd like and let him pick the ones he'd like to try); and (since I started my W/W journey) I've been able to find a lower point version and my DH doesn't even know it is a healthy alternative to our favorites.

Anyone who's significant other won't be willing to try to help the one they love better themself with healthier alternatives should be the one to fix the second meal!

Last edited by Kelly_S; 03-19-2001 at 03:11 PM.
Old 03-19-2001, 03:50 PM   #44  

All I have to say is thank you Bumby. You make a lot of sense. Everyone on here things WW is the greatest thing in the world and now that you've pointed out that WW promotes eating frozen foods for lunch and dinner I guess now they're hypocrites. What I can't understand is why any one cares if I choose to eat frozen dinners every day for the rest of my life-what does it have to do with them?
The people on this board are self-righteous and hypocritical and they get on my nerves.
Old 03-19-2001, 03:58 PM   #45  
Dragon Diva

Oh, I'm sorry you feel that way about WW. I do think they are a great program; I was overweight for a long time and tried several other plans before I went with WW 123. I credit them with changing my life, really. However, every individual needs to find their own path.

Remember, there are over 11,000 personalities registered at 3FC now. And in every group there's bound to be at least a couple that get on your nerves. I know there are some here that grate on mine....
Closed Thread