3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   Anyone doing ETL? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/270756-anyone-doing-etl.html)

valentine21463 11-29-2012 09:14 PM

Anyone doing ETL?

Hi all,
I'm new here and was wondering if anyone was doing the ETL diet? I'm doing this alone while the hubster eats whatever he wants so sometimes like today get pretty hard. Today the hubster stopped and ordered 2 tacos and ate them in the car while I sat there smelling how good they smelled and how bad I wanted just a taste.
Yesterday was day 7 for me and also my 1st weigh-in and I'm happy to announce that I lost 7lbs.

valentine21463 12-08-2012 11:00 AM

Nobody?.... :?:

carolr3639 12-08-2012 01:37 PM

Here is an old thread about it.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/vege...-eat-live.html

superchick36 12-08-2012 05:42 PM

That is awesome. I have read the book several times in the last couple of years but had a hard time sticking with it because my husband wasn't doing it with me. I commend you for sticking with it even though your hubby isn't. Are you doing just fruit for breakfast?

valentine21463 12-08-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superchick36 (Post 4551440)
That is awesome. I have read the book several times in the last couple of years but had a hard time sticking with it because my husband wasn't doing it with me. I commend you for sticking with it even though your hubby isn't. Are you doing just fruit for breakfast?

Hi Superchick! Thank you! Sometimes I have just fruit with a few chopped walnuts but mostly I'm having oatmeal w/flax seeds and fruit. I make a big pot of soup or stew that will last me the week. I make a huge salad and store it in a huge tupperware bowl that usually last me half a week because the hubster likes salad too. I add extra stuff to my salads like raw almonds or garbanzo beans or whatever I'm in the mood for at that time. I'm learning a lot from doing this. Is it easy. No way! Am I perfect? Nope.
I've been doing this for a couple of weeks now and I feel amazing! At the end of the 6wks I will probably incorporate back lean proteins but I don't think I'm going to be adding back the dairy. I never thought I'd ever be able to give up dairy but it was easier than I thought it would be and I don't even miss it.

Carol~ Thanks! I'll check it out.

KmbRN84 12-09-2012 09:55 AM

I have tied ETL in the past without being able to stick to it. I think it is a great diet and WOE. Currently I am doing McDougalls plan which is also vegan. Good Luck!!:carrot:

superchick36 12-09-2012 12:20 PM

carolr3639 - Love your scripture verses

valentine21463- I do the same thing with making a big salad and eating on it for days. My husband is trying to lose weight too, but we are going about it in different ways. I am a type 1 diabetic so I have to stay away from things not only for diet reasons but also because of the diabetes. I think I am going to try and start ETL tomorrow. I know when I tried it before and had just fruit for breakfast I felt so good. It was amazing that it didn't raise my BS.

Keep us posted on how you are doing.
Amy

valentine21463 12-14-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superchick36 (Post 4551967)

valentine21463- I do the same thing with making a big salad and eating on it for days. My husband is trying to lose weight too, but we are going about it in different ways. I am a type 1 diabetic so I have to stay away from things not only for diet reasons but also because of the diabetes. I think I am going to try and start ETL tomorrow. I know when I tried it before and had just fruit for breakfast I felt so good. It was amazing that it didn't raise my BS.

Keep us posted on how you are doing.
Amy

Diabetes is big time in my family. I'm border line now so I'm doing this for my health too. Good luck!

Dagmar 12-16-2012 03:13 PM

Is ETL hard to stick too? I'm by no means a vegetarian but was looking at this diet.

valentine21463 12-16-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagmar (Post 4558089)
Is ETL hard to stick too? I'm by no means a vegetarian but was looking at this diet.

The first 2 weeks I was very overwhelmed, I too am not vegetarian. But now after about 4 weeks I got this down! :carrot: The key for me to staying on plan is to start out with very simple meals. Later on you can experiment with recipes and stuff.