Originally Posted by canadacatman
I have been on this site for a long time lost a lot and gained some back. I am now getting back into it and was wondering a few things.
1. How long can cooked chicken stay safe in the fridge.
2. How long can you marinade meat for in the fridge and still be safe to cook and eat.
3. Is it ok to eat oatmeal daily. I know even healthy things all the time aint good.
4. Is 4 cups of veggies a day enough half cooked half raw.
5. Are seeds and nuts ok to eat daily. I eat 40 grams of them mixed a day.
6. Is yogurt ok to have everyday.
I have more but can not think of them right now. Would like if someone could help me with these.
Thanks for your time and have a great day!!!
1. I'd throw it out after 3 days. It will start to smell bad soon.
2. It depends on where you get your meat and if you trust your meat purveyor. I bought some beef last week and put it in the fridge over night. The next day it stunk and so I took it back to the store and got my money back.
Regarding the oatmeal, nuts and yogurt - many people feel like they keep their diets consistant by eating the same breakfast and lunch every day. I wouldn't eat oatmeal every day but that's only because I'm on a low-carb diet. But if your diet allows it then why not? I eat yogurt every day, it keeps me sane and I don't have to worry about "what am I gonna have for breakfast?"