General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:24 PM   #1  
ADL

S/C/G: 175/169/140

Height: 5"7

Default Menues

Hey guys! So I decided to post the foods I generally incorporate into my weekly menu. Not all these foods are seen as "dietetic" but with portion control I don't believe in limiting myself from any foods (unless I have a big issue with self control like with pasta, anything less than a box is not satisfying). SO let me know what you think about my food choices and share your own!

Breakfast
1. Omlette with 2 eggs (my cholesterol is good so I don't mind using the yolks) with salsa and 1oz cheese inside.
2. Fiber One english muffin with 1 tbsp natural chunky peanut butter and a fruit
3. 2 packets of plain oatmeal with 1 tbsp of jam and mint or green tea
4. I don't like this but my mom loves half a cantaloupe with cottage cheese and cinnamon and Splenda

Lunch
1. Lean roast beef sandwich with tomatoes, lettuce, mustard and 40 calorie bread)
2. Greek salad: feta, red onion, romaine, cucumber, tomato and 1 tbsp of good seasons dressing
3. Rice paper filled with salmon, cucumber, avocado and mango
4. Grilled chicken sandwich with arugula, cooked (microwave) portobello mushroom, sriracha sauce, sun dried tomatoes NOW in olive oil
5. Canned tuna in olive oil mixed with salt, pepper, red onion, pepper, cucumber and tomato. I have this with pickles and toast
6. Cubed chicken breast with red onion, cilantro, avocado and olive oil

Dinner
1. 1 Lamb sausage (less calories than beef, less processed and less filler)
w/ a sweet potato
2. Panini: 2 slices 40 calorie bread, 2 tsp pesto, sun dried tomatoes NOT in olive oil, 1 oz cheese, cooked (microwave) portobello mushroom and tobasco (buy a panini maker or make it in a pan)
3. Chicken soup: just put one bunch each of dill and parsley in a pot with big soup carrots, parsnips, 2 bouillon cubes, salt and pepper to taste and chicken breast (I don't even care to defrost them, I just throw it all into a pot)
4. Portobello mushroom pizzas. I put garlic powder, onion powder, oregano and chili pepper flakes on a portobello mushroom, bake it, then put on sauce and cheese. I have this with a cup of instant onion soup (no cheese in the soup)
5. kabobs. skewer beef or chicken on a stick with tomato, onion, mushroom and zucchini
ADL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 286/247/150

Height: 5-4

I would take all your favorite meals as you listed them and try to calculate how many calories is in each... in the proportions you usually eat them. If any turn up particularly high... see what it is about them that makes them high calorie... maybe eliminate that.
drixnot is offline   Reply With Quote