General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-08-2012, 03:57 PM   #16  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I've done every plan there is. I've had an interesting time narrowing down what works for my body.

Right now I'm intermittent fasting (which will probably be a permanent thing, I love it), and eating a Whole30 diet. No grains, dairy, legumes, or processed sugars. I feel amazing. I'll probably keep a whole food focus when this month is up, and maybe add some limited legumes and dairy back... and calorie count. We'll see .

The key is to find what works for you, and what's sustainable for your life. I finally feel like I can be successful because I've found a way of eating that I both enjoy and fits my lifestyle.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:51 PM   #17  
Born to lose!

S/C/G: 160/150/125

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Thanks for more replies! I definitely need to try calorie-counting, since it works for so many of you!

And what's this "scanning" on Fitness Pal? You mean like with a Smartphone?

And what is this "intermittent fasting?"
jamie26301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:47 PM   #18  

Height: 5'2"

I use the scanning with my iPhone. Not sure if it works for all smartphones but I don't see why not. There is a little barcode button next to the "search for a food" bar that can scan barcodes. The nutritional information comes up for whatever you scan. It makes things so much easier because then I don't have to search for the specific product all the time. I hope this helps.
Ladybug10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:28 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

Calorie counter here too. It just allows for more flexibility than a low fat or low carb diet plan. I don't eat a lot of processed foods; I'm good about using the calories efficiently on nutrient-loaded foods like veggies, fruits, and fish/chicken. I occasionally eat whole grains, would like to eat more of them. I will occasionally eat a Subway sandwich, or a bowl of Cheerios or Puffins, but otherwise stay away from breads and processed cereals. I usually am in the 1200-1400 range. I'm trying to stay closer to 1400 than 1200 because I exercise a lot, but sometimes I'm so busy during the day that I don't have a free moment to eat. I'm also worried that adjusting upward will stall the good progress I have made.

I exercise just about every day. Monday/Wednesday/Fridat/Saturday cardio; Thursday/Sunday weights; and Tuesday a combination of both.
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:27 AM   #20  
Born to lose!

S/C/G: 160/150/125

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKatFan View Post
Calorie counter here too. It just allows for more flexibility than a low fat or low carb diet plan. I don't eat a lot of processed foods; I'm good about using the calories efficiently on nutrient-loaded foods like veggies, fruits, and fish/chicken. I occasionally eat whole grains, would like to eat more of them. I will occasionally eat a Subway sandwich, or a bowl of Cheerios or Puffins, but otherwise stay away from breads and processed cereals. I usually am in the 1200-1400 range. I'm trying to stay closer to 1400 than 1200 because I exercise a lot, but sometimes I'm so busy during the day that I don't have a free moment to eat. I'm also worried that adjusting upward will stall the good progress I have made.

I exercise just about every day. Monday/Wednesday/Fridat/Saturday cardio; Thursday/Sunday weights; and Tuesday a combination of both.

And you've lost over 100 pounds doing it this way! Way to go! I love whole wheat bread, but try to limit it. I like Fiber One cereal, and I love fruit, with some low-fat yogert. A little chicken, and there's a good menu for the day! (or is that too little calories...)
jamie26301 is offline   Reply With Quote