3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   Doin' it the Old Fashioned Way #16 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/26250-doin-old-fashioned-way-16-a.html)

srmb60 10-26-2004 10:17 AM

The appraiser has been and gone. Now all we have to do is wait to hear.
Holly ... isn't it a good thing that we don't all hit a low spot at the same time? Thanks for your kind words. You too Amy!

amoses 10-26-2004 04:13 PM

Good after noon,

Thank you for all the help and ideas VermontMOM........really :goodvibes. It helps just to get another view and ideas. I like the tickers too. I clicked on one and it brings you to the site now how to attach it, I do not know I am going to try to attach one at the end of this??

I am still so beat from that yard work.....and it is still rainy here!! :rain: will it ever end? I am having a lazy week. I have a friend here at work that gets me out for a late day 15 minute walk so at least I am doing that. It is a great idea to set things up ahead of time like set out the work clothes and stuff. Every one seems to be in good spirits. About the house appraisel, I feel for you. We just sold and bought a home and it was the most stressfull thing I have ever done in my life :stress:. Getting the house ready and then keeping it that way.........

Hope every one has a great hump day tomorrow and wish me luck on getting on that treadmill tonight,.....

http://www.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3...5f2/weight.png

cacmsc 10-27-2004 07:54 AM

Hello everyone! Well my vacation time is over but how fond my memories are! It was great seeing my son and my daughter in law. Seattle was beautiful and the Bainebridge Island was fun and lots to explore. I did a lot of walking and ate pretty healthy for being away. I haven't weighed in yet Friday I will. But getting back into the swing of things. Trying to eat helathy and make good choices. Thanks for the tips Aphil on the candy. Its out there and if we choose a bit its not so bad and I LOVE sweet tarts. I picked up oreo's, licorce and mini m and m's for my daughter she is making spider cookies for the little ones for their parties at school. I celebrated the boys birthdays on Sunday and can't believe their 3 and 8 already how time fly's. I am going to go to the gym this afternoon to workout and then finish my work day a bit later as I have a house ck. and can't do it until 4:00. I figured no sense in back tracking with my driving with gas prices so high. I only get .30 a mile and needless to say its costly when I go see clients but its part of the job and I love that part. I just have to be creative with who I see and when, clump my sites together. Well Holly I did get my son to create some cool legs for my coffee table. Then decided when I got home my top piece needs to be bigger! I hope to find another slab of black walnut this weekend. The other one can be shaped into a little book case. Well its sounds by the letters I caught up on everyone has been very busy, moving , baking, cleaning, exercising etc. I have to do a bit of that myself. Christmas is coming quickly and some baking and sewing is a must!
Aphil my sewing came in making me a few bucks and paid for my rent a car for my trip and some spending cash. I have never turned my sewing into that much cash before but it sure did come in handy.
I did visit a few bead stores and will be making some gifts for friends and family members. New hobby for me but looks and sounds like fun.
Talk to you all soon have a super day and keep up the good work. Together we can make it!
Skyfirefly

debbiejarrell 10-27-2004 02:09 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am glad to say that I had my upper endoscopy yesterday. In other words the dr used a scope to look at my stomach to see if acid reflux is causing my pleurisy. The only thing he found was some minor irritation and there was no need for a boipsy. I was asleep through the whole thing so it was a breeze. I have fibromyalgia, I don't get good sleep that good often. I told a couple of the nurses that I would bake everyone some cookies if they would give me some of the sedative to take home. No one would cooporate, they laughed at me. The bad news is now I have to spend some more money trying to find out what is causing my pleurisy.

Even though my chest is still hurting,I am back to my regular workouts and counting fat and calories,(My Dr approved).Still haven't lost any more weight for a couple of months but I am hanging in there. I still can't understand why I was loosing on a steady basis for months and it stopped suddenly and I am still doing the same things that I was when I was losing. I am not going to get discouraged and quit, (I tell myself).

Deb

aphil 10-28-2004 07:21 AM

Hi Deb-Don't get discouraged. I know it is frustrating. I am in the same boat right now. Maybe you and I can form a strategy together. ;) I am going to start with shaking up my workout routine a little more. I am still doing strength training on M-W-F and cardio or dance the rest of the days...but I am going to slightly intensify my cardio sessions-by either doing a session a few minutes longer, walking faster (when I walk), or somehow intensifying it a little. My strength days I am going to switch my videos out a little more. I still alternate them-but there are a few I haven't done in a while I am going to throw back in the mix to surprise my muscles.
Maybe you could do this along with me. It could be as simple as adding an extra 5 minutes to a daily walk or bike...or doing a 30 minute Pilates video instead of a 20 minute one...whatever you do, just increase it slightly. 5 or 10 minutes is not a big deal each day...but over the course of the week it is 30-60 minutes more of exercise each week. :D
I have been staying in my calorie range-but allowing a little more "not so good carbs" in there than I had been before. A few more crackers or a dinner roll or piece of candy...I am going to get back into limiting my treats to 150 calories each day-and make sure the rest of my carbs are good ones like fruits, veggies, whole wheat bread or pasta, and oatmeal. Maybe that will do the trick.
Deb-I forget what calorie range you have been doing. Could you refresh my memory and let me know your claorie range, your starting weight-and current weight? It may very well be you need a small change in that area as well...let me know. We can bust through this plateau together. ;)
Aphil

cacmsc 10-28-2004 07:58 AM

Goodmorning!
Well I got out there yesterday and enjoyed the good weather and walked instead of going to the gym. I figured it won't be long and the white stuff will be dropping from the sky, lots of days for the gym. I did pretty good with staying with in my calorie range and carb intake. Dinner seems to be the hardest for me. But breakfast and lunch are easier. Lunch I pretty much pack so once I am out the door its what ever I put together. There is a little restaurant upstairs at my work but the choices are never very healthy so I don't get into going up there. Well have a good day everyone.
Skyfirefly

aphil 10-28-2004 12:08 PM

Hi everyone! This is long overdue...but I am starting a new thread-so join in on the next one (#17)!!! This one is so LOOOONNG! :lol:
Aphil