General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 09-14-2004, 07:07 AM   #1186  

Debbie good for you to take that big step. Sometimes its what we need I may try it too! Being accountable for my intake isn't always easy if I write it somewhere it seems to help me.
Holly your cut is similar to mine and pretty easy to care for. The just a bit of shaking might be all you need. When I blow dry mine on work days at the end of it I bend my head and dry it under real good it gives it some body. I also like that Brilliant Brunette finishing spray by John Frieda. Check it out it holds your style and is flexible. I find it here in NY at any local drug store and reasonably priced.
Aphil whens your big dance? I am sure your really busy getting ready!
Yesterday I did much better with my intake but when you mess up its hard to get back on. I thought about getting on the scales today but then decided to wait until Friday my normal day. I have gotten better about only once a week on the scale. I dropped a glass jar on the top of my foot on Sunday. This has limited me with walking or working out I can't get my sneakers on yet. It only got a little cut but bruised pretty well. I have to wear flip flop sandals to work. Well catch you all again have a great day!
Skyfirefly
SKYFIREFLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 11:33 AM   #1187  

Hi everyone! Well, I bit the bullet last night and returned to weight watchers. It was hard after being so successful the first time around, but I have gained back 27# in 9 months-I realized I was heading in the wrong direction and each Monday was a new start to another failed attempt of trying it on my own. I think I'll try the CORE plan and I hope this time is the right one to make the difference....
Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 10:02 AM   #1188  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Idealperson-there are some personality types who stick to their plan best when they are "accountable" to someone other than themselves...maybe you fit into this? I think Debbie may as well...especially since she put up the link to her FitDay journal.

Knowing that someone else is going to see what you have been eating...or someone else is going to be seeing your weight once a week may be the kick you need to stay on track-more so than the actual "plan". My kick is being seen in public...my dancing keeps me in line with my exercising because I know people are going to see it if I let my abwork slide and my tummy muscles get "soft".

So when I need to stay on track or don't want to work out...I think about my tummy being seen in a show...or about a gathering that is coming up and I want to look good at...and I just got another! Next year my sister in law is finally getting married to her boyfriend of 4 years...and I am in the wedding party! I am helping to plan the wedding/flowers/decor/dresses and all that...and I get to walk down the aisle in a fancy gown...so looks like I need to spend the next few months pounding out the strength training!
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 01:05 PM   #1189  

Hi Everyone,

I have been doing better since I made my food journal public. I do have a tendancy to not want to write things down that I feel I should not be eating, but, so far so good. I am trying to cut back on the carbs and eat more fruit and vegetables. I have to make myself eat fruit. To me, eating fruit is like eating nothing. If I have it for a snack I am hungry 30 minutes later. I do good at work, despite the snack machine. I have my biggest problem when I get home. I have a problem staying out of the food that my boyfriend and son bring home. I have asked them to hide it before. They look at me like I'm crazy.

I have tried Meatball and Chicken Fratita Lean Pockets, and 7-Up Fresh, (I think that is the correct name), and they are all very good. 7-Up Fresh has splenda, juice and vitamins in it.

Aphil, I have to tell you that you do a great job as a moderator. I don't spend much time in the other forums to make a comparison to other moderators, but you are great. You are always there for us. I appreciate you.

To view my fit day journal click on:
http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...=debbiejarrell
debbiejarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 04:00 PM   #1190  

Thank you Debbie! You made my day.

Yeah...I find that I don't like to write down things that I shouldn't have eaten either...but I do and then have to look at it all day. Makes me really think about it a little more sometimes.

If you have to make yourself eat fruit...and then find that it doesn't fill you as a snack-I have a few suggestions that might help. Eaten alone as a snack-a banana and an apple are usually the most filling when eaten alone. As far as taste-I think that red delicious apples are the LEAST flavorful of all apples eaten raw. If that is what you usually eat-try golden delicious ones-they have thinner skin that is not as bitter and a more flavorful flesh. Gala apples have a great flavor as well-a little more tart-sweet than red delicious. If you like really sour ones-granny smiths are great as well.

I often have fruit with breakfast-because I have found that it is more filling as part of a meal. Some of my favorite combos are vanilla yogurt with sliced strawberries...or a banana sliced in a small serving of high fiber cereal like Kashi or bran flakes. I also love a mini fruit salad made from a mini can of pineapple tidbits/chunks in juice (not syrup) and a banana sliced in. The flavors are very complimentary to one another-and the smaller cans of pineapple are usually 2 servings of fruit-so you get 3 fruit servings in one little meal. If you want more sweet-core an apple with a corer and leave on the skin-put it in a small bowl and put a little Splenda and cinnamon in the center where you cored it. Mcrowave it for about 30-60 seconds at a time-checking it until it is cooked through. YUM. Tastes like apple pie filling for only 80 calories if you use a small sized apple.
Old 09-16-2004, 04:12 PM   #1191  

Thanks Aphil. I am going to try the apple this evening. I have heard of putting raisins in the middle of them too.
Old 09-16-2004, 04:20 PM   #1192  

Yeah...I have heard that is pretty good too. I may try that one!
Old 09-17-2004, 07:08 AM   #1193  

Just checking in today was my weigh in day the scale didn't go up or down. I am not really upset as I know that I ate some extras. Being it stayed the same is not so bad when I know that it could of gone up. I have had a few extras but also did eat healthy in between those few mess ups. As, long as I don't gain overall its a good thing. Tonight is my birthday dinner out with some friends then the rest of this weekend I need to get back onto my track of eating right. I will be watching my intake before and after my dinner out. Good luck everyone.
Aphil thanks for the apple idea I haven't had that in awhile and it is the season. That will be a good treat and with in my calorie range.
Skyfirefly
Old 09-17-2004, 08:55 AM   #1194  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Well, I finally have a day off! And so far I've been slumming it
I came here for some motivation and got it. Thanks all!

On the fruit thing ... last year, when I was dieting and dropping pounds like cazy, I didn't eat much fruit. Too many calories, I thought. But this time, I'm a little more savvy about what kind of calories I'm eating. Fruits are vitamins, nutrients, energy carbs, fiber, antioxidants, a sweet treat and can disguise the flavour of protein powder. Definitely worth making room for.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 10:27 AM   #1195  

oh yes...and fruit and vegetables have cancer fighting chemicals in them that you cannot find anywhere else. People who eat lots of fruits and veggies have a much lower risk of getting cancer. My grandmother and Jason's grandfather both had cancer-and they grew up on country diets of lots of meat and potatoes and little variety of produce-what they did eat was usually canned-like green beans. When they ate other kinds it is when it was in season only-like what they grew in their gardens. We have the ability to eat fresh produce year round in many varieties-let's take advantage of it. Remember-the darker and brighter the colors-the more disease fighting properties-watemelons, plums, red grapes, kiwi, berries...they are wonderful for you.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:24 AM   #1196  

Aphil I tried the microwaved apple. Oh so good! Its been a not so good intake weekend too much going on. I over did and I know it. So today is eat a good healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner and fruit for snacks. It is so hard when your off at parties I try to be good but its tough. I am better than I used to be though. I tried to only have a small roll and to be careful on the intake of mayo. based salads. But all in all I had to try that cake. Today I am going to go walking my foot is still sore on top and I haven't tried sneakers on yet. But for work have layered a bandage on top of my foot so I can wear shoes. It has been a week you would think it wouldn't be a problem anymore. But it isn't as sore as it was.
Well off to work and I will ck in again. This tends to keep me more on track. I have been doing well on maintaining my wt. But up 1.5 this a.m. due to what I ate and salt intake I am sure. At least I recognize my down falls now its time to get serious no functions in the near future.
Skyfirefly
Old 09-20-2004, 10:01 AM   #1197  

Hi everyone!

Well...the show and dance seminar went pretty well! I missed a little part in my solo-but since it was a solo and no one knew my choreography...I don't think anyone knew. The rest of the dance went well...all swords stayed on all of our body parts...and we got lots of yells and cheers when it was done! We also got a lot of compliments on our costumes. It was a great seminar-we learned from the FABULOUS Dalia Carella...and to watch her perform at the end of the show was just a gift in itself. She is a very nice woman-wonderful to be around. She walks into a room and owns it...but at the same time makes everyone feel completely at ease-like you have known her your entire life. Just wonderful.

I am also happy to say that I danced off another 1.2 pounds over the weekend...bringing me to 164.4 pounds now. I was very excited about that. I am only 3.4 pounds away from the 50 lost marker...and I am hoping to achieve that by my birthday next month. (Oct. 30) I have over a month...so I think it is a very achieveable goal.

I am glad that you like the apple...I am going to have one today as well. We were out in the garden last night cleaning it up and weeding. The pumpkins are looking very nice-we are going to have some nice jack-o-lanterns. I put our "tombstones" in the yard already...just love the whole fall season. I am going to get the rest of the fall decor out soon. We have some great cauldrons and things up in the attic.

I hope everyone has a great day! Stay on plan and get in that exercise! We have to look great for all of the people we will see during the upcoming holidays!
Old 09-20-2004, 10:58 AM   #1198  

Hi Everyone,

I love to bake, it relaxes me. I baked a very fattening chocolate cake Sunday. I am proud to say that I ate one small sliver of it and gave half of it away and have not touched the rest of it since. My boyfriend works evenings and most of the time I cook dinner for myself only. I have been buying a pasta mix called Pasta Roni, (garlic and parmesan flavored). I cook it, (no margarine and skim milk), with a can of chicken breast and a can of green beans or 2 cups whatever vegetable I have on hand. It is really good. I do the same thing with Broccoli Cheese flavored rice for a quick dinner.

To view my fit day journal click on:
http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Public...r=debbiejarrell
Old 09-21-2004, 08:42 AM   #1199  

Good morning everyone! The lovely September weather is holding here and I have an unexpected day off. I think I'll hang some laundry out and go for a nice walk. I might even ride my bike.
This is pms week so I'm trying not to weigh myself and even tho' my belly was flatter last week, it's bulging out there this week Kind of disheartening but not discouraging. After all, it happens every time and we know it's going to happen again. The good news is, I used to gain 6 or 7 pounds. So either diet or exercise has helped that too.
Eat well and move.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:34 AM   #1200  

So quiet here this week. I couldn't stand it had to say something. I hope everyone is OK.