General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-27-2004, 01:05 PM   #1126  

I agree with everything Aphil says. She knows what she's talking about!!

I sure messed up today. I cooked breakfast for 10 guys at work today, (and ate too). I am already at 54 grams of fat for today. BAD! BAD! BAD!
debbiejarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 02:05 PM   #1127  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Calm down...ha ha ha...don't let one bad meal turn into a whole bad day. You may be over today in your fat and calories-but eat the rest of the day like normal-about the same calories you would normally have for lunch, dinner, etc. on plan. It will do much less damage than the rest of the day being a free for all.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 08:26 PM   #1128  

That's what I'm going to do. Tomorrow is another day.
Old 08-28-2004, 09:36 AM   #1129  

Morning everyone!

It is about 8:30 am...and I have already had breakfast (oatmeal and coffee) and have walked 2 miles. I had to get my exercise in a little earlier than usual-because I am going out of town for the day. I am meeting my instructor in a couple of hours at her house-and we are driving about 2 miles away to a dance workshop-I am vending, and she is teaching! So-wish me luck in some sales...I need the $$!
She is a semi-vegetarian, and eats really healthful-so I don't forsee any temptations today-which is a good thing! It's not like she is going to be going through the Hardee's drive thru or anything. I will eat a little yogurt before I go (I tend to "graze" all day-rather than eat 3 regular sized meals) and I am bringing some water and fruit with me to snack on-and I can count on her going somewhere with healthy choices for dinner later in the day.
I hope everyone has a great Saturday!
Old 08-28-2004, 02:05 PM   #1130  

Hello everyone! And welcome back Snowey!!! I knew you'd post again eventually We miss your upbeat and funny posts! Hope your family is doing well....and your sister, I believe she was the that had the significant health problems?.?.

Welcome Jacque! It sounds like you are on the right track! Oh to be 21 again! Listen to aphil's advice and you'll do fine! I think the most important thing I have learned is that this IS a lifestyle change and although I would LOVE to drop the weight within a month, I know that it will be slower and I am not in a hurry ...just as long as I get there! If you follow your plan and enjoy things in moderation you will get results!

Congrats to Christine!!!! Even though I'm sure it was a shocker it is a blessing! My husband and I have not made the baby plunge yet, but eventually.......

Hello to everyone else! I have been reading posts but have not been able to post myself. I have an intern this year that I have to train so I have been pretty busy at work lately. I told my husband the other day....What are they (work) thinking????How dare they intrude on my time to surf the net and post on 3FC? Anyways, been pretty busy but enjoying it. On the homefront, my husband has lost 30 pounds since March!!!!He looks so good! I think he's shooting for 215 which is only 10 pounds away (he's 6'3" so that's plenty small for me). He has been recovering from his surgery this week but will start working out again on Monday. I am down 14 pounds and happy about that. I am officially ending week 7 but this is something that I will be doing forever...not just something I am done with in a couple of weeks (BFL is actually a 12 week program). This is something that we can live with and has actually become pretty easy for us to follow, so I am pretty positive. We are planning a trip to Aruba in April and I would like to be at 120 (I'm only 5'3") so that's plenty of time and I know I can do it!! Good luck to everyone and have a great week!
jacklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 10:59 AM   #1131  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! I'm pretty happy with the week I've had. My first back after vacation. Inspite of working everyday with a pretty heavy patient load, I did weights 4 days, walked three and was on the elliptical 3 times. I'm getting very used to being able to eat a little more! My ab stuff must be working because I can do real crunches now. Legs up, elbows to knees 3x15. Huff 'n' puff!
Keep up the good work all!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 06:36 PM   #1132  
Building a Better Me

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/250

If I weigh 230 pounds, and am trying to lose weight, about how many calories should I intake per day??

Right now (4:30 pm) I have 1217 calories today... Should I do a small dinner? Or can I have Subway like planned?? And can I have some "light" late night snack still?? (Like jello or low fat, skim milk pudding!)

I am trying to just plain cut back, but I'm not sure what calorie level to aim for!! I was thinking 1800 or so! What do you think?
Jacque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 07:41 PM   #1133  

Jacque ... it's a coincidence but I just found this click-thru today on another thread here at 3FC. It had alot of interesting statistics that might help you.
http://www.room42.com/nutrition/basal.shtml
Old 08-29-2004, 09:20 PM   #1134  
Building a Better Me

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/250

Thank you!!
Jacque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 06:56 AM   #1135  

Jacque good luck to you with your new life plan.
Aphil sounds like you have been very busy with your vending and dancing etc. Hope you did well when you were out of town. When is your big dance?
Everyone keep up the good work you all give me incentive to get myself going. I know there is one thing I've been lacking on and that is journal writing. I do so much better when I write my info. down for the day. It gives me a look at what choices I've made and what I can improve on. I weigh in on Friday this week. I thought I was off to a good start with my yogurt this a.m. and no wonder it taste so good this one was 170 cal. . I picked up the sale ones and didn't read the label. Not a good one but the little ones can eat these when they visit. I am going to pick up some goodies to make some smoothies this week. Anyone have any input on ideas for smoothies. I just got my machine and look forward to using it for healthy but yummy treats and breakfasts.
Gotta go start my day. On Tues. I am only working for a half a day because I am going to the New York State Fair with my sister in law. I guess I'd better tell my boss huh? Oh well little details!
Skyfirefly
SKYFIREFLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 07:51 AM   #1136  

I'm still learning how to make smoothies too. Unless I slurp one quick before I get busy doing something else, I still want to eat after. It's a chewing thing, I think.
I bought a big box of frozen raspberries and a pail of frozen blueberries and I use soy milk but I'm still hunting for the perfect protein. Didn't enjoy the stuff I bought at WalMart. Egg whites work OK but there's the caution about eating them raw.
I'm anxious to see what the other folks say.

Jacque? how'd you make out with those numbers?

Last edited by srmb60; 08-30-2004 at 07:55 AM.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:48 AM   #1137  

Jaque-I recommend 1800 right now as I stated earlier. You should be able to stay at that level for a qhile with your starting weight-as long as you are exercising regularly.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:11 AM   #1138  

Default Hi Everyone

As I told everyone last week I am going to NY this weekend and I am so scared of gaining weight. I have not gained any since Feb, when I started counting fat and calories. I am going to use my son's laptop, if he brings it, to log in to fitday.com and count my calories every day, but I am still scared. How dumb does that sound? Scared because I can't control what I put in my mouth. I would be perfectly happy if I could have a big fat salad everytime we stop to eat but that's not always possible so I don't know what is going to happen. I went to a family reunion yesterday. We have one every year and most of us dread going but I went away feeling great because one of my aunts pulled me to the side and asked me if I knew how beautiful I am. She said "I have always thought you were beautiful and you still are." I am not the type of person who needs constant reassurance about my looks but it felt great to hear it. She's my favorite aunt now. lol.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:17 AM   #1139  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello everyone!

aphil, how did you do with vending a couple days ago? Hope it was profitable!

hello susanb, silence, jaque, debbie, skyf, jacklyn, SNOWEY ( ) and everyone else!

OH!!!! COOL thing for me - I was chosen to be MADE OVER by a small local newspaper (http://www.sevendaysvt.com/). Am I flattered that I was hopeless enough to be chosen? Yeah, sure! I emailed a pic of me next to my bike (of course) and said "t-shirt, jeans, and motorcycle boots are MY idea of fashion, haha".

anyway, someone will be in contact with me soon to try on clothes/shoes in Montpelier (not to keep, for the PHOTO SHOOT) and then on Sept. 11 ( ) I will get a COLOR/CUT in Stowe (their choice!!! I'm in their hands!!) then onto Burlington for the photo shoot!!!!!!!! I'm a leetle scared but excited. I said that I'm game for something short, only requirements are that my head still fits into my helmet I will keep you posted on this! and give you a link when the issue is printed.

and SkyF, thanks for telling me about your son and his bike interests!

I am feeling the effects of the ab exercises that are in my Keli Roberts tape - to try to put it delicately, they can enhance a certain aspect of marital relations. It's up to you to imagine what the heck that means, but it's good

Have a great day!!!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 11:22 AM   #1140  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiejarrell
... I went away feeling great because one of my aunts pulled me to the side and asked me if I knew how beautiful I am. She said "I have always thought you were beautiful and you still are." I am not the type of person who needs constant reassurance about my looks but it felt great to hear it. She's my favorite aunt now. lol.
How nice of her!! and I'm sure it's true!

debbie, it is NOT dumb to bring the laptop to help you!! You're to be commended for recognizing ahead of time that it will be a challenge to stay on program, but you will be able to!! Resist when people press you into trying something you don't want. Smile sweetly and say just as sweetly "no thank you". Don't let anyone talk you into having something just because it makes them feel better!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote