General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #451  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Hey kids--can I join? Been a long time member, lost a bunch a weight and gained most of it back. Tried to come back more than once, slipped and out of shame avoided this site.

It's a new year and I'm back. I thought I'd hit a couple of threads for some encouragement and accountability. Biggest motivation--big trip to London planned for April. If I could drop 30 that would be delightful but 20 would make me infinitely more comfortable on the plane and walking the streets doing all those fun touristy things I want to do.

I am trying IF. So far I've lost one pound this week. The first week I didn't even weigh myself because I knew I was still cramming too many calories in my eating window. I feel this week I am stabilizing and finding some balance. I actually do best with a 3-5 hour window of eating. I usually am content to have a big dinner and I'm good to go. But I will tweak things with either a snack of roasted veggies before dinner or a scrambled egg before bed if I feel I'm going off the deep end. I am drinking a lot of water. To take the edge off hunger on the 'bad days' I will allow myself some coconut water (very refreshing after a swim), a small can of tomato juice, coffee or tea.

As you can see it's still a work in progress for me and I'm really open to suggestions because I'm not 100% that I understand all that IF entails.
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:43 AM   #452  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

Welcome ANewCreation and good luck on your journey.
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:41 PM   #453  

Mizzthingaling, thanks for the welcome
Old 01-14-2013, 11:22 AM   #454  

S/C/G: 187/183.4/150

Today is day 10 for me and I'm still hanging strong. Noticed my appetite has decreased and hunger pains are almost nil, assume that means my body is adapting to this WOL. So far, I'm down 6 1/4"! After two weeks I'm suppose to see a drop in pounds, so I'm wishing for the best!
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:39 PM   #455  

S/C/G: 192/173.6/145

Height: 5'4"

Hey how's everyone doing?!

I've done ok, however last week trying it IF durring the days I worked nights was a disaster so I think for now I'm gonna only IF on dayshift days.
hopebewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:14 AM   #456  

S/C/G: size24W/size12/size10

Height: 5'5"

I started back my IF strong this week (now that the dreaded stomach virus is out of my system). I've been doing 10am - 3:30pm as my eating window. I'm working my way back to 11:00am - 3:00pm, which was perfect for me.
angieand2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #457  
Maintaining since 2013

S/C/G: Sz 20/Sz 8/Maintain

Height: 5'11

I did not realize this thread existed!

I've been IF'ing since mid-December and have had tons of success with it. I slowly got into it because I was tired of thinking about food all day. What am I'm going to eat? When? How much? As it turns out I found eating 2 full meals and a small snack is so much more satisfying compared to 5 or 6 tiny meals alllll day.

Since I've always been a wake up and eat something person it took some adjusting. However I did slowly ease my way into it and worked out all of the kinks.

In the mornings I start off drinking a room-temp glass of fresh lemon water with a half tsp of ACV. After about an hour I get a workout in which is anywhere between 20 mins. - 1 hour depending on how I'm feeling. Then I shower and start eating at 10 or 10:30am. Lastly, I stop eating at 4:30/5 pm and have nothing during the fast except for water or tea. My largest meal is my lunch (1/1:30pm) and my smallest meal is dinner. This routine is perfect for my schedule. I do need to adjust my hours some days, but I still get a 17/7 or 16/8 schedule in everyday.

This has been life changing for me. My grocery bills are so much lower, I have a healthy glow on my skin, my face is completely clear from blemishes, I got rid of the last of the stubborn fat and I have more clarity. Also I've learned the difference between being hungry and being thirsty and I've learned to tell my belly 'no, you'll have to wait'.

Working out on a fasted state is amazing too. I actually get an extra boost and I feel IF'ing is what helped me reach my final goal earlier than I hoped. I have to listen to my body though. For example this morning I worked out for an hour and could have easily gone another 1/2 hour but I didn't want to push it so I stopped. Other mornings my body is like 'umm...not this morning' (lol) so I would workout at a low intensity for only 20 mins.

Now I am in maintenance I have to work on adding a bit more food in so I don't lose anymore weight, but IF has really worked well for me.

Last edited by SunnySide99; 01-16-2013 at 02:10 PM.
SunnySide99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:42 PM   #458  

Hey all! I've been doing the 8 Hour Diet for a week and a half now. I started by following it 3 days a week (the minimum amount suggested by the author) but it went so well that now I'm trying to work it into my life Monday-Friday.

I eat breakfast and then stop eating 8 hours later. I've been eating breakfast around 7:15, so I stop eating around 3:15. It is so hectic when I get home from work. There's not a lot of time to feed all the kids and get them ready for bed and school the next day. I actually like that I don't need to eat dinner on these busy nights! That sounds so ridiculous to me, but it has been really freeing.

Tomorrow and Friday I have a strange schedule so I'm going to try skipping breakfast instead and see how that goes.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:00 AM   #459  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

Glad to see everyone is doing well. IF has been good with me as well. I am able to push my time back further finally. I am going to try to start going back to herbal tea instead of coffee next week and see how it goes.
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:17 PM   #460  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

I'm doing a 24 hour fast that I'll finish at 6pm... then dinner and back to 16/8... and so far so good...

I was just wondering if anyone else here does 24hr fasts and if so how often?
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:30 PM   #461  

Well, trying to skip breakfast just isn't working for me. It's just so much easier for me to not eat dinner!
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #462  

S/C/G: size24W/size12/size10

Height: 5'5"

TripSwitch - my eating window is very small (4 hours) so I end up fasting 20 hours on a daily basis, which is very close to a 24hour fast. But, I did do 24+hour fasts over the holidays as part of my damage control procedures lol. Now that I'm stabilizing into my normal eating patterns, I utilize 24 hour fasts only after high calorie days (when I eat beyond maintenance). That doesn't happen too often.

Last edited by angieand2girls; 01-18-2013 at 01:32 PM.
angieand2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #463  

S/C/G: 230/230/130

Hi Everybody,

I was wondering is it better to keep to a steady window or switch it around? When I am at work it is easier to open my window later say 2:00 pm instead of noon. If I am at home, I can't seem to go past noon before I have to eat.

Thanks
Imannott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #464  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieand2girls View Post
TripSwitch - my eating window is very small (4 hours) so I end up fasting 20 hours on a daily basis, which is very close to a 24hour fast. But, I did do 24+hour fasts over the holidays as part of my damage control procedures lol. Now that I'm stabilizing into my normal eating patterns, I utilize 24 hour fasts only after high calorie days (when I eat beyond maintenance). That doesn't happen too often.
Thanks I've thought about trying a smaller window, but I'm still a little bit too psychologically attached to "lunch" and "dinner", but I'm working on letting go of that...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:36 PM   #465  

Hello everyone!

Down another pound this week I continue to tweak my window. Some days I need to start earlier and have two meals (still taking into account what I'm eating and how much). For the most part one evening meal does it for me. I am happy to report I feel full with one meal (could it be my stomach is shrinking???).

Imannott, in my limited experience the beauty of IF is that you can do what works for you so if switching things around works then do it! Some days I open my eating window around 2 pm but I will shut it down 3 hours earlier (since my window typically opens around 5pm). Same amount of food just a different time frame--make sense? Hope so!

Have a great weekend all!