General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:52 PM   #436  

S/C/G: 312/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Hello, I took a break from IF during the holidays. I’m back to my IF routine. It took me about two days to get back to 12 pm to 6 pm eating window. I continue to exercise during my break.
Valeriao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:27 PM   #437  

S/C/G: 192/173.6/145

Height: 5'4"

Yeah thanks mizz I really think I will have to just figure it out thru trial and error. I worked days all week this week so its been easy for me this week lol. However, I have caught myself taking a bite here and there when I make my kids their food. Today blueberry muffins were to blame . I'm still under my calorie range every day tho that's huge for me! Hope everyone is having a good week!
hopebewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:20 AM   #438  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

Hope I have done that. I forget and end up taking a bite of something. I have found it gets harder for me around TOM. I am always hungrier earlier. I am wondering what I can do about that. My usual tea doesn't work. Maybe I need to have a few sips of coffee instead.
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:56 PM   #439  

Hi valeriao I look forward to hearing more from you. Why did you stop IFing? Holidays or something else?

Mizz I hear ya on the TOM thing! I don't drink coffee so I can't offer any advice there. I do know that that is when I crave chocolate like no other. I keep semisweet choc chips in the house and allow myself a handful when the craving hits. Of course sometimes it turns into two or 3 handfuls lol.

Well today at 11 I really wasn't hungry so I ate half an orange and some leftover chicken. I'm thinking about trying to fast until 4 tomorow for my first ESE fast. That will put me at 21 hours.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:03 AM   #440  

S/C/G: 170/ticker/slim

Height: 5ft 6

Hello all, I have been on 3FC for a while, and I like to try and do my own version of IFing. I find it easier to eat two meals a day, and I like that it doesn't make me sooo hungry like eating every 2-3 hours does.

My problem however, is that I can have a sensitive stomach sometimes, and not eating in the morning can make me feel a bit sick. I don't have the urge to eat because I need the energy, but rather to settle my stomach. I also find that I can't sometimes even drink tea or coffee in the morning because it makes my stomach worse -esp green tea on an empty stomach

So what I'm asking is does anyone have any tips for making it to lunchtime? (lunch to dinner and dinner to sleep is fine)

Thanks for reading
3CatsMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #441  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

I'm going to start doing this. I think my plan will be to eat my main meal in the morning, have a small, light salad at lunch (at work so nobody bugs me about whY I'm not eating because I like to keep these things private), and then just water/tea/coffee aside from that.

My reasoning for eating the meal in the morning is partially so that wine isn't an option in the evening (I'm trying to wean myself off my daily wine habit!). And partially because I'm going to be taking 2 grad level courses in addition to working all day and this means I wouldn't get home until late evening anyway. So better to just go to bed than eat. Or work out after my class.

I AM going to not keep this exact schedule on the weekend. Will probably not do it on Friday or Sunday.

Well, if eating in the morning doesn't work out, I'm likely going to change it to evening. But I'm hoping this will work!
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:58 PM   #442  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

3cats I had that same problem. I did Celestial's Lemon Zinger Tea. The lemon and hibiscus helped. Another thing that worked was carbonated water or a diet drink. I used until my stomach got use to a long fast. After a while I didn't need it anymore.
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:24 AM   #443  

I have just been introduced to this idea by The 8 Hour Diet:

http://www.amazon.com/8-Hour-Diet-Di...ds=8+hour+diet

I'm just dipping my toes in as I'm only about a quarter of the way through the book. This book recommends 8 hour eating windows at least 3 times a week but you can do more if you'd like.

I am a Weight Watcher but I actually don't like counting Points (surprise!). Lately I've found that I can do pretty well if I just eat my normal meals and snack throughout the day (basically the same thing every day) and then a healthy dinner, and then just stop eating at 7. So I decided my 8 hour days will be Sunday (always a stressful day for me, getting ready for the week), and Wednesday and Friday (when I go out to eat for lunch and never end up just ordering a salad. When I have counted Points or calories on these days, I usually end up with just a few left to play with after lunch).

I think yesterday went well! I'd rather eat breakfast and skip dinner so that's what I did. Then I exercised a little bit this morning before breakfast. It went better than I thought, and I really liked changing up my morning routine. It helped the rest of the morning go better when I started with exercise.

Has anyone else looked into this version of IF?
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:31 AM   #444  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3CatsMeow View Post
Hello all, I have been on 3FC for a while, and I like to try and do my own version of IFing. I find it easier to eat two meals a day, and I like that it doesn't make me sooo hungry like eating every 2-3 hours does.

My problem however, is that I can have a sensitive stomach sometimes, and not eating in the morning can make me feel a bit sick. I don't have the urge to eat because I need the energy, but rather to settle my stomach. I also find that I can't sometimes even drink tea or coffee in the morning because it makes my stomach worse -esp green tea on an empty stomach

So what I'm asking is does anyone have any tips for making it to lunchtime? (lunch to dinner and dinner to sleep is fine)

Thanks for reading
Is it really necessary to skip breakfast? Or can you have breakfast and just move your fasting time up accordingly (i.e., skip dinner)?
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:28 AM   #445  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy8888 View Post
Is it really necessary to skip breakfast? Or can you have breakfast and just move your fasting time up accordingly (i.e., skip dinner)?
Doesn't matter. Just most find morning is the easiest time to fast.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:03 PM   #446  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

eh, my experiment with eating the main meal in the morning was a bust, mostly not because of hunger later but because I can't deal with the digestive issues of eating more so early in the morning! It's better for me also to psychologically have something to look forward to later in the day. So yeah, switching it up again.
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:13 AM   #447  

Well Sunday I broke my fast at 230 and boy did I eat! So I've decided to just do the 16 hour fasts. I feel great and I eat so much better and less!

Glad to see some more people have posted! As I have read in previous posts its nice to share this experience with people that aren't going to jump to conclusions, judge you, or try to tell you how to eat "the right way".

Oh and I forgot to mention I'm down to 179.6 from 181!

Last edited by hopebewild; 01-08-2013 at 12:16 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 01-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #448  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

I've definitely found it easier to fast through the morning... A long time ago I use to not eat anything after about 5:30pm at the latest and even though I went to bed early at 9:30pm and got up at 4:30am I would be really hungry at night and it would actually wake me up from my sleep... Now granted I only weighed 127lbs. which at 5'9" was very skinny for me, but I was tired a lot and didn't really run much either... I did that for about a year before making some changes which brought me up to around 135lbs. and I started really running again...

I'm finally getting back on track with my 16/8 IF'ing after being a bit all over the place during the holidays... Didn't gain, so that was good... but it definitely took longer than I expected to get back in the swing of things, that's for sure...

I haven't done a 24hr fast in about 2 months... So I think I see one of those in my near future... we'll see...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:08 PM   #449  

S/C/G: 170/ticker/slim

Height: 5ft 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzthingaling View Post
3cats I had that same problem. I did Celestial's Lemon Zinger Tea. The lemon and hibiscus helped. Another thing that worked was carbonated water or a diet drink. I used until my stomach got use to a long fast. After a while I didn't need it anymore.
Thanks! I'll see if there is anything like that in the UK
3CatsMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:57 AM   #450  

S/C/G: 187/183.4/150

I'm so happy to have found this board. I've been doing Fast5 for 6 days now, downloaded book everything, along with Atkins LC. On the 3rd day of Fast5 I lost 3.6 lbs. I know a lot was water but I was just happy to see my scale go down. I'm keeping my carbs extremely low for the next week or two (meat & veggies); I'm hoping this won't be a negative effect on the scale when I weigh in on Monday. Is there anyone else who combined Fast5 with LC? If so what were your results?
sldeal is offline   Reply With Quote