General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 10-12-2012, 09:36 PM   #271  

S/C/G: size24W/size12/size10

Height: 5'5"

jms - my fasting window is 20 hours daily and I eat between 1,200 - 1,700 calories a day (I count). Here is an example of what I ate for the majority of this week:

1/2 cup oatmeal with brown sugar and cinnamon (comes out to more than a cup once it's cooked in the water...very filling)
1 cup sliced apples
1/2 link apple chicken sausage (it's big like a beef hot dog)
1/4 cup tuna salad w/1 slice whole wheat bread, lettuce, tomatoes
1/2 cup carrots
1 big piece of homemade ratatouille bake (I make it in a square dish and cut it into 4th's)
1 baked bbq chicken thigh

Eating all that in a 4 hour period fills me up pretty good. I drink between 64 - 112oz of water a day (depending on how active I am).

kelleyb - I know you asked kitty about if she works out, but just wanted to say that I work out in a fasted state (18 hours fasted). I have no problems with energy doing this. I'm currently doing Insanity so of course I need a lot of energy for that.

Last edited by angieand2girls; 10-12-2012 at 09:38 PM.
angieand2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:49 AM   #272  

Thanks for sharing, Angie. Your diet looks good to me. I ask about workouts b/c I keep hoping that I could do it, but most times I try I feel sick, so I think that it's just not for me. I eat first before any hard workout. I love to walk fast fasted though. 3 days until weigh-in. Very exciting!

My dad is gone after a 10 day visit. He loves sweets, so now there will be less around and less party food/drink. I start work again tomorrow- 4 nights in a row. Hopefully eating and IF will be good this week.
kelleyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:16 PM   #273  
Catwoman

I walk most days, that is about the extent of my workout. 30-60 mins, always fasted. The only issue is hunger afterwards if it's a long workout. The last couple of days have been 17-18 hours IF. Today I felt like eating but my tracking only says 14 hours, so my inention is to delay another 4 hours. My weight is up to 127.4, going to try eat my veges and fruit during my eating window.
KittyMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:05 AM   #274  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Hey all! I have emerged from the weekend bedroom retreat, down 6 lbs and feeling better. Reducing the carbs seems to be helping with the body aches in general. Not gone, but less debilitating.

I'm slowly pushing my fasting envelope out now. Nibbled at roast chicken till about 10 p.m. last night, so I want to push my fast to 2 p.m. today. For me, not eating the carbs makes the fasting window a lot easier. I would LOVE to get a 24-hr fast in by next week!

One more cup of coffee, then Pilates, then staying at the studio to get some work done. Hoping to be distracted for a few hours before I have to eat.

Have a great day!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:31 AM   #275  

S/C/G: 312/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Hello, I have been off IF this summer. Today is my first day back. My eating window is 12pm to 6pm. I have added exercise to my routine. When I get up in the morning, my first activity is exercise. I use the WATP DVDs and Strong Women tape. So far, I have been exercising for 5 days per week for 2months. I find that morning exercise keep me on track.
Valeriao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:45 PM   #276  
Renaissance Woman

Valeriao, welcome back to IF. I was on a break since about February, for a variety of reasons. It was my experiment. And a learning opportunity for me. So I'm just back to this myself and sticking to it.

Having said that, I guess I'm still adjusting back. Because I achieved a 17-hr fasting window, then just ate all my calories for the day just in the last 90 minutes! Yipes! At least I managed to keep the carbs to just 13 net grams. I am now going to cardio class, then doing some weight training. That should keep my blood sugar down.

Shooting for 18 hours of fasting tomorrow. I feel like She-Ra. I have the power!
Old 10-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #277  
Renaissance Woman

Yippee! Down two more pounds this morning and I'm not even done fasting for the day. I plan to push on to at least 18 hours. Kinda amazed at how the fat is melting off for now. I fully expect to pump into a wall the moment I get back to my low of 286. Just don't know if it's going to be an actual point of resistance or me freaking out and eating up again. Looking forward to breaking that psychological barrier.

Just read the new versions of ESE and AGD. I'm feeling renewed energy and focus on my task.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #278  

S/C/G: 210/173/128

Height: 5'0"

Hi Everyone!
I am joining in. I am not doing any particular plan (yet) but for the last 2 weeks I have been basically going as long as I can fasting (just drinking tea, water) and then eating all my 1200 calories within 5 hours or so.. say 2pm to 7pm. I like it because I've been able to go to restaurants and eat a regular meal.
I have always hated the common advice of eating 6 small meals. I am ALWAYS hungry doing that! I love to eat one big satisfying meal and it helps me not feel deprived mentally or physically.
I will sometimes have coffee in the mornings during my fasting period.
Also, eventually I want to do 24 hour fasts again. I use to do 48 hour fasts twice a month or 24 hour fasts once a week with great results.
Looking forward to reading this thread!
FunSize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:50 PM   #279  
The Last 10lbs!

I fasted with an 8 hour eating window most of last week but the window moved around based on when I had dinner. This week I'm aiming to always do 12-8pm so I don't have to think so much. It's going okay but I'm a bit hungry even though my dinners are quite large and have lots of protein. In the mornings I've just been having coffee with a tiny bit of cream.

I like that I don't have to get up and get myself breakfast right away. I am starting a new job on Monday so it will be great to save time in the morning as my commute will be long for a few weeks. Plus I'll probably be too nervous to eat anyway!

I've lost about 2lbs in the last two weeks and I feel far less bloated. I am eating regular food for lunch and dinner and I'm not depriving myself of anything. I'm living at home until I find a new place to rent and there's too much good stuff around here to tempt me but I don't feel as out of control as I did a few weeks ago.

Best of luck to everyone else and please keep posting. You're all great inspiration
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:00 AM   #280  
Catwoman

18 hours today, I've had 1200 cals during my eating window. I'm tracking my cals for a couple of weeks. I was 128.4 today and plan to be 124 for halloween.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #281  
Renaissance Woman

Ran across a bit of info in ESE about fasting and exercise that I missed before. Fasted whole body workouts seem to be very effective at increasing the burning fat. I'd heard a lot about fasted cardio, but since I don't really do a lot of cardio, I didn't really pay attention to that. I've been doing my Pilates classes fasted in the mornings three days a week, but not the afternoon classes, and not when I was weight training in the afternoons. So now I think I'd like to rework my eating schedule so that during the week when I work out, I get a few more opportunities of 12-hr fasted training.

I'm hitting a slowing of weight loss now. Two days in a row. It was expected, but still disappointing, as if the steady downward trend was something magical. I'm still working the IF and very low carb. Calories are down by 500 calories from RMR. Today I'm below RMR by 1000 calories and I plan to not eat again till tomorrow after my morning workout. I plan to continue my weekends with two meals a day within an 8-hr window. At least I can eat meals with my boys on the weekends!
Old 10-18-2012, 07:14 PM   #282  

S/C/G: size24W/size12/size10

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoblewis View Post
Ran across a bit of info in ESE about fasting and exercise that I missed before. Fasted whole body workouts seem to be very effective at increasing the burning fat. I'd heard a lot about fasted cardio, but since I don't really do a lot of cardio, I didn't really pay attention to that. I've been doing my Pilates classes fasted in the mornings three days a week, but not the afternoon classes, and not when I was weight training in the afternoons. So now I think I'd like to rework my eating schedule so that during the week when I work out, I get a few more opportunities of 12-hr fasted training.
I can tell you this from personal experience. Since I started my journey 3.5 months ago, I have done my intensive cardio in a fasted state. I have never lost weight this fast in the past....ever (I lost 50.25 lbs in 3.5 months). I have absolutely no doubt that the IF and the fasted exercise were HUGE contributors that pushed my fat burning over the edge. I'm definitely an advocate of cardio in fasted state. I'm starting weight training next week and will be doing that 1 - 1.5 hours after eating. I'll probably experiment with that a bit too.
angieand2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:57 PM   #283  
Catwoman

Exercising when fasting does seem to increase fat loss. Today I've done 17 hours and it will be another hour at least before I eat. Being part of this group is helping me focus on increasing my times.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:52 PM   #284  

S/C/G: 210/173/128

Height: 5'0"

Okay I need to totally try cardio in a fasted state. How many hours of fasting is optimum before cardio?
FunSize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:02 AM   #285  
Renaissance Woman

Up to the point I've read in ESE, it doesn't really say how long to fast to make fasted cardio effective. It does say not to do prolonged endurance exercise after a 24-hr fast. I would imagine ssince fat burning is optimum from 12 to 24 hours, then exercising during that window increases the fat burning rate.